1.    #1  
    Ordering the Visor was an easy enough decision. Once I had ordered, I began reading the issues with delivery and customer service. Maybe I am reporting a positive trend, I received my new Visor Deluxe today after waiting only 16 days. I ordered on Dec 5th.

Anyway, after playing with it for a couple of hours, I think it is great.

Good Luck to all who are still waiting for their unit.

jhb
    wowy! 2 weeks! Is that a record for first ordered without calling CS!?

hopefully this will be continue with other customers!
  3.    #3  
    Yes - I did not call customer service. I was very surprised. I was more than willing to wait until the second/third week of the new year (assuming the world does not come to and end - Y2K).

Anyway, I hope everyone has the "luck" I experienced!

jhb
    Oh sure. Go ahead and tease me. I told myself when I ordered my BVD (12-8) that I just wouldn't expect to see it before the end of January. But now you are taunting me with the possibility of an earlier delivery!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    And just when I thought I had prepared myself to wait until mid-January before even *thinking* about expecting my VDx (ordered 12/10)! Thanks a lot! :-)
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Registering for this forum and posting my first message (see above) must have brought me good luck today! I just received my VDX, in *12* days!
    Aaaargh! I ordered my blue Visor on 11/17 and it still hasn't come. You people make me crazy! (So does my husband, whose graphite Visor ordered 11/17 came last Thursday!).

Still waiting.......
    I'm with Sheryl...ordered on 18th...nothing!

My Blue Visor Deluxe & serial cradle were ordered on 12/3, arrived yesterday. I'm thrilled with Handspring's performance so far--great product, timely delivery (when I had been prepared to wait until mid-Jan.).
    I wish I knew what criteria HS uses to ship. I read of people receiving their BVD after ordering it the first of this month - I ordered mine on November 6 and still NADA. Any suggestions - I tried CS but after a half hour on hold I had to leave.
    just got mine yesterday. 19 days... Oder it on 12/2... GVD. best to all..
    another satisfied cust - ordered 12/7, received 12/21. nicely 2 weeks.

i'm in southern CA. where is everyone else located whom got their Visor early? think it could be location, or are they just filling orders better now? I ordered the graphite, maybe that's it also....

A bit of Christmas magic here also. I ordered my BVD online Dec 8. It arrived today, Dec. 23. I live in south Texas. I couldn't be any happier with my experience, though I really feel for the people that have had to battle to get theirs. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!
    I ordered mine on 12/10/99 and received it on 12/23/99... They are picking up the pace.. Great Job.....
    when you ordered online did they send you an E-mail saying they shipped it. I thought they said they would send you an E-mail saying that it was in the mail. I got the confirmation E-mail but are there any others?

------------------
    Greg Moore
    Groovym12@aol.com
    I ordered my Graphite VDx on 12/8 and got it today (12/22). 14 days. I wasn't expecting it until mid-January. This is a great surprise, and just in time for Christmas!

Maybe Handspring is shaping up with their deliveries?

Seasons Greetings to all.

----
    Kevin Mitchell
    yolto@iname.com

[This message has been edited by yolto (edited 12-23-1999).]
    I ordered my VDX on 12/4/99 and recieved it 12/21/99, 16 days. Not bad HS.

I ordered the graphite over the phone around 8 pm. They shipped it to Boston, MA. Very pleased with my experience so far as well. Great PDA. I too was prepared to wait until after the New Year.

Best wishes to all those still waiting.
    Happy Holidays
    My friend ordered their BVD on the 14th of December, and I ordered my GVD (With Serial Cradle)on the 13th of December. He just got his today.... I am a little frustrated with this, as I am sure some other people are too... We both live in South Lake Tahoe, California. Is there any way to see if my order has even been shipped yet?

Thanks
    Regarding checking your order status - don't bother with CS. They know nothing. After 2 hours of hold time, I was told that they hadn't gotten a report from shipping in a week. Couldn't tell me if my unit was shipped, or when it might be, but did tell me that they were shipping within their 4-6 week window. Reassuring to a guy who ordered his on Nov. 6.