1.    #1  
    I'd like to start a log of cancelled orders.

Date Ordered: 10/06/99
    Method: Web
    Color: Ice
    Cancel Date: 11/15/99

Knowing there's 2-3 more weeks of waiting (after calling a CSR and reading the boards), I decided to cancel my order. And I had been looking forward to it for weeks. BUT, here's what I did. I ordered a Palm IIIx, 3-pack styli, slim leather case, an extra cradle, AND overnight shipping from Buy.com. My total was still less than my Handspring order. I realize that I'm losing 4 MB of memory, but the money I'm saving is going for the 8MB RAM stick ($99.00). Now I'll have a Palm unit that I can upgrade the OS on, and I couldn't be happier.

Good luck Handspring. You certainly need it.
    Date ordered: 10/6
    Color: Blue
    Cancelled: 11/15
    Method: web

Just not willing to wait another 2 to 3 weeks. I took the since cancelled VA deal and my new $140 palm 3x should be here soon. Of course I'll know when I get my *tracking number*. Oh, and I order 10 minutes ago and my credit card HAS been billed.

I'm a little bitter, but I'll be saving up for the next handspring product.
    Quick question: why wouldn't the OS be upgradable on the Visor Deluxe? Isn't it usually a matter of installing the upgrade (just as you might use the Palm "Install" app to do the same)? I'm a Palm IIIx owner who gave her old Professional (with beam upgrade) to hubby. 2MB not enough memory, so we are thinking of adding a Visor Dx to our happy family...

After reading the number of negative posts I am not sure if we should take the plunge...guess we will wait and see.
    Ordered: Visor Deluxe Ice
    Date: 9/25/99
    Canceled: 10/02/99
    Received! > 11/19/99

Handspring is run by a total bunch of complete dunderheads!

I had placed an order for a Visor Deluxe (Ice) back in mid-October. After reading about the shipping troubles on VisorCentral, I canceled the next week.

Imagine my surprise when I came home yesterday to find a Visor Deluxe on the kitchen table with the rest of the mail! Not to mention a $255 charge on a credit card I had just worked so hard to pay off!

I wanted to rectify this, so I called Handspring this morning, only to be put on hold and hung up on twice (at 10 cents a minute)! After that, I called the toll-free pre-order line, where once again, I was on hold so long that the line was dropped.

Needless to say, I'm mad as hell at Handspring.

When I got to work, I tried calling again, holding for 25 minutes (thank god for speakerphones). I hung up after checking eBay and looking at the selling prices of Visors there.

The company is so inept that people are paying a premium to get Visors through third parties. I'm selling mine there and hope to get more than what I paid for it. At least I'll get some compensation for the crap I've had to deal with.

Oh, and I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Handspring sucks.
    Date ordered: 10/06/99
    Color: Graphite
    Cancelled: 10/19/99 (first cancellation request)
    Method: web

Surprise, surprise, disappointed (if not pissed off) customers. Yeah, me too. I cancelled my order over a month ago, back when it took what seemed like hours to get through on the phone. Since that initial call, I've called and e-mailed Handspring a total of six times to make sure that my order was cancelled. Each time I called, the CSR assured me that it would be taken care of.

Well, I've constantly checked my credit card account to make sure I wasn't charged and much to my surprise, I found a new pending charge in the amount of my (cancelled) Handspring order. I called my credit card company and cancelled my card before the charge could be made on my card.

So if the damned thing shows up on my desk at work (because I don't receive our company mail, I can't tell the UPS guy that I'm not accepting the order, nor can I expect our receptionist to handle my special request), tough you-know-what. I'm busy enough as it is, and I can't be bothered with making a trip to send the damn thing back to Handspring. Call it an early Christmas gift from Handspring to me; though I'll probably take the thing outside and smash it.

If you ask me, I think that Handspring is shipping out cancelled orders on purpose. They're probably hoping that all of the people that they pissed off will have a change of heart and keep the product. Or that people won't want to deal with the extra hassle of sending the unit back. Maybe the BBB should look into this.

I love my Palm V, which I got for $299 with free overnight shipping. And I had it the day after I cancelled my Visor order.

[This message has been edited by buffalotom (edited 11-21-1999).]
    I ordered a Visor Deluxe at the beginning of November after I lost my Palm III on an airplane. After ordering, I read all the stuff about the shipping problems on VisorCentral. I decided I was going to wait.

Then I read about the Visor not syncing with USB and Windows 2000. I still thought I would wait and get the Visor. Well, after mulling it over for a few days I'm cancelling my Visor.

I called to cancel my order today (3 weeks later). I just couldn't wait any longer. I ordered a Palm IIIx instead. The IIIx was only $220. The Visor might be cool, but I'm impatient when it comes for waiting for gadgets. Also, all the customer service problems had me worried.

So, I wait on hold for about 30+ minutes (long distance) to cancel my order. The guy on the other end tells me to take down his name (walter) and the date. He also takes down my order and says that he'll send an email to the shipping dept. His last words were "call us back if we you get it anyway".

I'm kind of sad about not getting a Visor, but I can't imagine what their customer service/tech support might be like if I had a problem with my unit. Aren't they in business to make money? It never really seemed like they wanted my business
    Just thought folks might be interested in this note I got from Donna Dubinsky (in response to my e-mail that I sent last Saturday).

----------------------------------------------

XXXXX,

I apologize for this poor service. I agree that we have not handled this situation well. I've copied customer relations to try to fix the situation. It does sound like your Visor has shipped. We will need to credit the charge. We can send you a UPS call tag to pick it up, which will not require you going to the post office to mail it back.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused .... clearly this is not the way we want to do business, and we're working hard to fix our systems.

Donna

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Sunday, November 21, 1999 1:56 AM
    To: 'xxxxxxxxx@handspring.com'
    Subject: This is pathetic...

Ms. Dubinsky,

I was one of the lucky few to get a web order in before your site crashed in early October. However, the inability to deliver the product in a timely fashion and the incredibly lousy customer service led me to cancel my order two weeks later (mind you, it took me hours to get through on the phone). With all of the similar experiences that others have had with your company (as I've been able to read on all of the message boards out there), I second guessed the ability of the CSRs to complete my request. So I decided to check again. After another multi-hour wait, I got through on the phone only to find that my order still hadn't been cancelled. Then I e-mailed my request (at the suggestion of your website) and thought that that was the end of it. Nope. I called again, and found out that nothing had been done.

This time I told the CSR that my card better not be charged, and that the Visor better not show up at my office. The CSR told me that I could just refuse the package; but since I don't receive the mail in the office, I don't have that luxury (nor can I expect the receptionist to handle my special request). And quite frankly, don't think that I should have to waste any more of my time dealing with something that shold have been taken care of weeks ago. So now what should I think when I see a pending charge on my credit card that I worked so hard to finally pay off recently? Before this could go any further, I told the company to cancel my card.

I've done more than my due diligence to tell your company that I don't want your product. Give me one good reason why I should waste any extra time to send something back that I didn't want. I seriously hope that this thing isn't en route to me at work. If it is, I expect Handspring to stop it dead in its tracks before it shows up.

I have absolutely no need for a Visor, because I got my Palm V (from Outpost.com) the next day. And I'm completely happy with it.

Hopefully Handspring has heard me this time.
    Dr Kubs:
    I realize I'm kinda off topic here, but according to what you wrote, you pre-ordered 1 week after they started taking pre-orders, then 'heard about shipping troubles' and cancelled your order TWO WEEKS BEFORE THEY STARTED SHIPPING!

Did you have a typo in your dates, or am I missing something here?
    Yeh. I probably made an error.
    Actually, I ordered it Sept. 26th, all excited about what is probably a cool product. Then I read (after ordering -- mea culpa) that they were going to ship by end of October. Fine, I figured. End of October isn't that far away.

THen I heard that end of October is for the very early orders. So I figure, I want a PDA soon. Not mid- or late-November. So I canceled a week after ordering and bought a Palm IIIe.

I then later sold the Palm IIIe to a friend after I realized I didn't like PDAs afterall. Too much tapping and too bulky to carry around in a pocket. (I just use a small credit-card sized black book for addresses and phone numbers.)

So I thought my PDA dealings were over, having sold the Palm IIIe and having "canceled" my Visor order. Oh well. I ended up making a nice little profit on eBay. Bought the thing for $255 and sold it there for $310. I suggest the same for all other unwanted Visor shipments.
    So...I was checking my credit card info online today. Surprise, Surprise. Looks like Handspring is charging me for a Visor deluxe now. Damn them. I already purchased a Palm IIIx.

I called Handspring and sent them another email asking to cancel this order. When I talked to the CS rep on the phone, they said that I should just send it back when I receive it.

I don't really have time for this crap. I'm so glad I bought a Palm IIIx instead. I just wish I hadn't tried to order one in the first place.

------------------
    Visor Delux (Ice)
    Ordered Date: 10/23
    Cancelled Date: 12/20 (8wks and 3 days)
    Reason for cancelling... isn't not obvious...

I'm sorry to say that, regardless to how great the product is bla bla bla... if you don't have "it" because some idiotic company who promised to send it to you in 4-6 wks, but can't still comfirm or deny that it's been sent, then it doesn't mean $#!+!!!
    I cancelled my order tonight, and I hope to God that I never have to deal with such incompetent company that treats their customer in this lousy fashion.
    I just ordered my palm Vx from Outpost.com for $419.95 for free of tax (which Handspring charged) or shipping charge(which Handspring charged). I hope to receive my Palm Vx within this week...
    For all you who's still waiting... So long suckers...
    For all of you who's thinking about purchaing from HS... So long future suckers...

From Manicorp...