1.    #1  
    What in the world do you have to do to get an "unbranded" replacement phone from Palm?

I have been using an unbranded Treo for almost a year, which I received directly from Handspring. I happen to be using it with Cingular.

The two or three times during the year that I needed to replace the phone, Palm would always send me a Cingular-branded phone, regardless of the fact that they promised that the replacement phone would be unbranded, like the one I already had. They would usually have to send me a second replacement phone before the one they sent was actually unbranded.

I am now having the same problem again. My unbranded phone needs to be replaced, and notwithstanding promises to the contrary, Palm cannot understand the concept of an "unbranded" phone. They have sent me two replacement phones in a row, both of the "Cingular" branded! And they will not let me speak to a supervisor. Instead, they keep promising they understand the issue, and promise to send me a replacement unbranded phone. But it never happens.

Does anyone have any suggestions? What in the world do you have to do to get a replacement unbranded phone from Palm?
    When I worked for Bellsouth tech support, they required the customer ask TWICE before allowing them to speak to a supervisor. If I were you, I'd set aside 2 or 3 hours to make this phone call, and stick to your guns until you finally get a supervisor. Make sure you find out a) their name, b) what call-center they're in, and c) what their CSR ID # is (if they have one). Write down all info about the call, so when they screw up again, you can start citing times, dates, names, etc.

It's either that, or go get some really strong paint-remover.

Nareau
    Why not just use one of the phone skins available to change the branding of the wireless mode on/off screens to something generic?

Or use one of the different firmware versions (requires a little more effort)

Edit -- or, do you mean there's an actual cingular logo on the phone casing itself?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    tcc
    What in the world do you have to do to get an "unbranded" replacement phone from Palm?

I have been using an unbranded Treo for almost a year, which I received directly from Handspring. I happen to be using it with Cingular.

The two or three times during the year that I needed to replace the phone, Palm would always send me a Cingular-branded phone, regardless of the fact that they promised that the replacement phone would be unbranded, like the one I already had. They would usually have to send me a second replacement phone before the one they sent was actually unbranded.

I am now having the same problem again. My unbranded phone needs to be replaced, and notwithstanding promises to the contrary, Palm cannot understand the concept of an "unbranded" phone. They have sent me two replacement phones in a row, both of the "Cingular" branded! And they will not let me speak to a supervisor. Instead, they keep promising they understand the issue, and promise to send me a replacement unbranded phone. But it never happens.

Does anyone have any suggestions? What in the world do you have to do to get a replacement unbranded phone from Palm?
    < palm rep- I can try and help you out on that.....ok let's start on the phone first, Palm sells the unlocked GSM Treo phone for which ever service provider you want, the phone will not say the service provider on it anywhere because you can use it for AT&T, T-Mobile, or Cingular...but for the actualy Cingular logo appearing on the phone, that's because it's an unlocked Cingular phone specifically through Cingular. So my suggestion is to pretty much look before you leap because you can get an unbranded phone...if no one else knows that then I definently know about that.