1.    #1  
    I called Handspring yeterday (monday december 6th). The customer support representaive told me that she would give my returned package priority but that it would take time because 2,500 visors were returned to by the shipping company because of incorrect or incomplete addressing information.
    Oh no, I'm also somewhere in that 2500.
    2500!!!??!!

Fer Cryin' out loud! Handspring's outsourced shipping contractor sets new depths of incompetence!
    And I'm sure my Visor is in that group as well.

The contractors should be coated in honey, handcuffed over a fire ant nest, and have the keys to the cuffs sent to them by their own shipping department...
    how long ago did you guys order...mine was placed on the web on 11-1-99...got confirmation email had all correct info....my CC has had authorization but it hasn't shipped yet....what were the circumstances are yours?
    Mine shipped four days before I saw the hit on my credit card. You should call them and perhaps ask for the FedEx tracking number.
    This is sad. I was just thinking that they were starting to turn the corner. It explains why there are fewer posts to the receive log this week.
    Just a note about November 1st orders...I and two other people ordered on Nov. 1. None of us has received our package yet, and not one person who ordered on Nov 1 has posted in the Visor Received Log that they have received theirs yet.

A Conspiracy??? ...or maybe I'm just looking forward to my Visor Deluxe too much =-)
    Check the Error log that I've started.

Quite a few of them have a second address line missing.

Not to mention misspelled name, missing zip codes, etc...

-=- SiKnight
    bperteet said:
    how long ago did you guys order.../snip/....what were the circumstances are yours?
    I ordered on October 6th on the web.
    I got an email confirmation, but nothing else.
    No CC authorization, no nothing.
    One problem:

The web address has 3 address lines.

Only 2 are printed for Federal Express.

Hope you didn't use that third line...

My street address was there, so my visor
    is back at Handspring. It took 8 days for
    the customer disservice reps to get the
    tracking number! If it weren't for that
    idiocy, I could have had FedEx reroute it.

Again- If your address looks like this:

John Smith
    Suite #200
    YoDyne Inc.
    1600 16th Street
    Washington DC 20007

The _street address_ (1600 16th street)
    is being _truncated_ by Handspring when
    they send the information to Fed Ex.

Good luck.
    Good news, you guys. I had my address corrected on Monday and just received my Visor today! Woo-hoo!
    <cut and paste stuff>
    The web address has 3 address lines.

Only 2 are printed for Federal Express.

Again- If your address looks like this:

John Smith
    Suite #200
    YoDyne Inc.
    1600 16th Street
    Washington DC 20007

The _street address_ (1600 16th street)
    is being _truncated_ by Handspring when
    they send the information to Fed Ex.

</cut and paste stuff>

If I'm not mistaken, the online order form follows this convention (I'll use your variables/reasoning):

company: YoDyne Inc.
    address line 1: Suite #200
    address line 2: 1600 16th Street

Why on earth would anyone use the second address line for such a short address, or even put their -street- address on that line?

Regardless, it's a shame that this has happened. Handspring will re-route your package if it is sent back to the shipper.

Baron is a perfect example.
    They did, but I had to initiate the correction process. First I called customer service, who told me that my order would get cancelled and I would have to place a new order. Frustrated, I e-mailed Donna Dubinsky, who got the right people to correct things.

Kudos to Donna, but shame on everyone else along the chain.
    Ya think so, huh?

Doesn't matter...you've got what you want.