1.    #1  
    I've been calling daily since last Monday to get an update on my 10/13 order (promised last week). It seems the CS database has not been updated since last Wednesday and the CS people have no idea when the next update will be. Bloody hell...

I guess this is the price you pay these days for being an opinion leader/early adopter.
    Zeilig said
    I guess this is the price you pay these days for being an opinion leader/early adopter.
    Alas, tis true.
    It is said that you can always tell the pioneers by all the arrows in their backs...
  3.    #3  

The database has been updated...only took a week :-) !

It looks as though they have fixed the order total problem in their database. It also looks as if they refuse to report (webpage)order status for orders more than 6 weeks old.

Perhaps those orders get escalated automatically into another database.

What exactly do they mean by "database update"? What information are they updating?
  6.    #6  
    The CSRs have their own database, Handspring and shipping have another. When you call a CSR, they're almost always looking at out of date info...usually about 24 hours late. Last week it took seven days before the CSR database was updated with current info from Handspring