Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    <<<How can you call yourself a "supporter of HS"? I paid 500 dollars for my 2 visors and give praise to whomever asks. You paid nothing for your 2 Visors and give accusations of wrongdoing.>>>

So I take it that the only way to "support" HS is to spend your money with them? Please!

<<<If you really disagree with the company's policies and direction, give them their freakin Visors back!>>>

First of all, I don't disagree with the company's direction. *AND EVEN IF I DID*, why would I want return the product they sent me? That would only help HS recoup some of their losses. A non-supporter of of a company does not show their non-support by by helping the company recoup losses. At most (If I were a nonsupporter of HS) I would *SELL* my two visors...not reurn them to HS so that they could resell it as new product

Considering the logical/factual flaws in many of the arguments on this board, it looks like I shouldn't be the only one in High School.

Ganging up on PDA isn't going to help anyone. For the sake of arguement, it is posible that Visor is taking advantage of this without knowing, or without an intention of doing any harm.

As far as going into new business and pissing some of the new customers off. Yes it happens. To ANYONE who says that no one ever does this, I laugh at you. Mistakes happen, everyone knows that. Anyone who has got into business for themselves knows this. If I had a dime for every story about these situations I would even be typing this, I would be letting my butler type this in.

If you don't want to beleave me, (And God knows you don't want to beleive PDA) search the internet for some of the thing internet startups have done in the past.

Oh, BTW, that thing about the bank looking on the web to see what kind of condition the company is. That was rich... Oh I nearly bust my sides laughing at that. What do you think this is, the eighties. Stop it. I have a tear in my eye.
    "Oh, BTW, that thing about the bank looking on the web to see what kind of condition the company is. That was rich... Oh I nearly bust my sides laughing at that. What do you think this is, the eighties. Stop it. I have a tear in my eye."

Huh? I don't think you got the point, which was that almost anybody with the least bit of knowledge of Handspring already knows about their startup problems.

[This message has been edited by Eug (edited 12-04-1999).]
    shipping problems are a small factor when investing in computer startups, as well as anything comes out of silicon valley. If you are going to criticise someone for not knowing anything about economics, then pick up a newspaper or a magazine sometime and pay attention. Because they have a working product alone assure that they will get backing. There are plenty of startup who loose money hand over fist, and venture capital is waiting in line just to give money away. This is the nature of the market. This is the way it works.

Wake up people it's the late 90's and the internet/tech boom is in full swing! The old rules don't apply when it comes to investment capital deals.

If you don't even need a business plan for investment bank funding, how difficult would it be to use a large number of orders placed to secure a second round of funding? Easy as pie (as they say back at Handspring HQ).

These celebrity CEO start-ups don't stoop to getting their cash from the local bank. Once the orders come flooding in, the investment cash will follow. That's why they couldn't afford to halt orders after the initial database corruption. It would have killed the momentum they had built and lead to doubts about the company. Impressions are everything. That's also why (in Orwellian fashion) they tried to spin their massive customer service failures as simply an ordering success story.

It's *all* about the cash, and it's no secret conspiracy.
    OK Folks! This is my first post. I have been in hesitation mode since the first of November on the issue of placing an order for a visor deluxe. I have read reviews, searched websites, and watched all y'all battle it out on a myrid of issues. I've seen arguments on color, cases, lids, and of course opinions of the "faithful". I think that the visor is for me;formy primary need is to keep my calender(outlook) the same at the office and on the road. BUT!! It seems that the "shipping folks have really gummed up the works, with a helping hand of the order takers. ALL I WANT to know is whether a formula exists to insure that an order will result in a successful delivery. The 4/6 dos not bother me. Credits, debits and REALLY LONG phone conversations DO!! Please advise!
    To best insure a proper delivery:

1) You must live in the US.
    2) You must order on the web; the phone
    guy may screw it up.
    3) You must use a credit card (not credit card chequing account, etc.)
    4) You should ship to the same place as your credit card billing address.
    5) Your name should be EXACTLY the same as your name on the card, right down to the initials.
    6) Your card should not be near expiring
    7) Try to put your street address all on one line. eg. If you are in Apt. A, 24 Bedrock St., Type it as A-24 Bedrock St.
    8) Make sure ALL information is 100% correct, including cc number, expiry, address, email, telephone, zip code, etc.
    9) You should ship with tracking.

These have been sources of problems for other people.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12