Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Brian - I'm not sorry I started it, but I do worry that it says something deviant about my personality!

Geoff - good ideas - If VC set it up right, then I wouldn't have to update it manually at all, which would be ideal. I've thought about putting it on a personal website, especially since Excel can export HTML, but I decided that I didn't want to deal with all of the hits!

Of course, much as I enjoy all the nice things people have said about me on this thread, I'd be happy to pass on administration of this list to anyone who would like to put it on a separate page!!!
    Might as well jump into the fray...

I ordered a VDX (Blue) via the web, order number in high 1300s, on 10/6/99.

Not yet recieved. I just sat on hold for 40 minutes before getting no new information (other than a promise to get my order sent out as soon as possible). The CSR did apologize profusely several times.

It's (sort of) nice to see that hardly any other web orders have made it out yet -- at least it's not just my specific order!

CMShenir

------------------
    Never before have things been so much the way they are now.
    Ordered: 10/11/99
    Type: Dlx
    Color: Ice
    Via: Phone
    Where: Provo, UT
    Received: Nope, but everyone that ordered after me has :-(
    Ordered: 10/6/99
    Color: Graphite
    Via: Web
    Where: Newberry, SC
    Received: No
    Where: Newberry, SC
    Received: No
    Hmm. I just spent some time playing with huski's data (yes, imported into Excel. Yes, I realize how obsessive this is starting to look). There are some very interesting patterns here:

First, I divided all orders up into weeks, starting at 14-21 Sept, and moving up from there. Looking at the "Ship Rates" (the percentage of orders that have been received as of 11/17, ignoring cancelled orders) for each week, the following appears:

14 Sep-21 Sep: 68% have shipped
    22 Sep-28 Sep: 65% have shipped
    29 Sep-05 Oct: 61% have shipped
    06 Oct-12 Oct: 19% have shipped
    13 Oct-20 Oct: 62% have shipped

Notice the huge gaping hole in the 4th week? This is the week the online store began taking orders. Most who ordered over the web that first week have received nothing, contrasting markedly with those who ordered both before *and* after them. I'm not sure what to make of that (especially since I'm one of them. One would expect the older weeks to have higher ship rates than more recent weeks, but *all* weeks seem to be holding steady at 60-65%, except for the Web Week. (Note: only one order from the last 3 weeks has shipped, so these were left out of the analysis.)

I also looked at how many days it took for Visors to ship, from order date to ship date. For the data as a whole (not divided into weeks) and only considering the orders that *have* shipped, the mean and mode were between 40 and 45 days, or just at 6 weeks. Week 2 (22-28 Sept) skews a little bit higher, with a mode of 50 days, while weeks 1 and 3 sit right around 40 days.

So, make of this what you will. It looks like, except for Oct 6-12, people have a 60% chance of having gotten their Visors already. If you did get your visor, it was more likely than not just around the 6 week mark, with significant numbers both above and below this figure.

I'm going to go do something more productive now.

CMShenir

------------------
    Never before have things been so much the way they are now.

[This message has been edited by CMShenir (edited 11-18-1999).]
    Color: Blue
    Where: Fremont, CA
    Received: NO

Ordered:10/18/99, 10:30pm CST
    BLUE VISOR DELUXE
    Wisconsin
    Received:11/17/99 3:30pm

------------------
    Mark Neumann
    markn@tznet.com

Hi. I can't explain how fed up I am with these mind games HS is playing with us. There is no excuse for their failure. "Didn't expect this type of response" Yeah right. Show us your marketing plans. "Didn't plan the Visor to be a Christmas item" You know, that would be a novel idea. "We're working to improve" Oh yeah, well, "SHOW ME THE VISOR!" I think flaming HS on the web is only a way for us to vent our frustrations. We need to take action. We need to make them pay for this mistake. Here is the information you need to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Will this get you your Visor faster? Probably not, but if enough of us complain, HS will take our business more seriously. I just hope enough of us are willing to follow through with the BBB. Good luck! http://www.bbb.com/complaints/company.html
    Umm please clarify how this would make anything better. If anything it might make it worse because of all the added traffic on their server. If you want to take out frusteration go bang your head on a hard wall.
    11/19 update...lots of changes as web orders are starting to arrive...hope mine is here soon!
    Thanks Huski for all your hard work. This should be my last post in this section.
    (Reprint from other threads)

Cool.
    I got mine. Only a couple of days past six weeks. Still too long but the wait is over.
    Order: 10/6 by web (18xx)
    Color: Black
    Sent: Next day (req. UPS standard)to Houston
    No extra toys and Serial cradle backordered.
    My first PDA and I'm very pleased. I did like the thin steel Vx I tried, but not for a C note more.
    Going off to play.
    Hookem Horns and my thoughts and prayers are with you Ag's
    Ordered: 11/5/99
    Type: Deluxe
    Where: St. Louis, MO
    Received: NO
    Huski will probably miss this because I have been too busy playing to report that mine came today.
    It finally arrived.
    Graphite Visor Deluxe
    Ordered 10-15 via phone.
    Arrived 11-22
    HUSKI HUSKI HUSKIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!

Ordered: 10/26/99
    Type: Visor Deluxe
    Color: One Graphite, One Blue
    Via: Phone
    Where: Arlington, Texas (DFW)
    Received: YES! 11/22

My credit card was authorized on 11/19 for my phone order, and also (I think) for my web order of the Styli 5-pack. That's the only way I could figure up the proper amount.
    Then, my card was authorized AGAIN for *some* amount (not sure what) so now I have ~$1157 on hold. Of course, Serial Cradle and Backup Module are on backorder...oh well!

I called HSCSR to get a tracking number and they actually had one to give me. When I put it into FedEx.com, while still on the phone with CSR, I found that the damned things had already been delivered. When I raced home to get them from the apartment office, the UPS man was trying to deliver the leather cases that I bought from ebay to my apartment! (Timing, huh?) So I ran to my door and signed for them, opened the door, opened the box to make sure there were two of them, then I hauled-a** back to the apartment office to get the Visors, and then came back to work. :-( I checked them both out and they are working great.

I'm going to call my credit card company when I get home to get an itemized list of the authorizations from the last few days to see if I'm being screwed money-wise. I'm just glad the damn Visors made it to Texas undamaged...I had a fear they would be messed up, especially after how much trouble it took to get them.

Bummer on no serial cradle. I use NT at work which is where I need to HotSync my information. Still have the USB cradles so I can still install it at home and load some software.

Well, I have to get back to work. My wife's already pissed at me because I have hers here at the office and she can't have it!!!
    (Robin: Nyaa Nya-Nya Nyaa Nyaaaaa!)

Good luck to us all that our Visors and all related cradles/modules/springboards make it home for the holidays. (PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!)

Mediam
    Now I lay me down to sleep,
    A Visor Deluxe at my feet,
    If I should die before I wake,
    Cancel the Bank One VISA. (snicker!)
    Thanks, Huski!

Ordered: 10/5/99
    Ordered by: Phone
    Received: 11/22/99
    Shipped: FedEx
    Price: $314.42 (249.00 + 29.95 + 20.00 (serial cradle & spare) + 5.52 shipping)

Blue deluxe, 2 serials. 8M module backordered. No extra styli.
    OK everybody, my Visor came, so I'm afraid I'm going to stop updating the list...anyone who wants to take over is welcome - if you would like it as an Excel file I can email it to you.

Meanwhile, I'll be over in the other groups trying to figure out how to use my new pocket pal!
    UPDATE:

Well, I called the credit card company. I was authorized on 11/19 for $564.90 - perfect!
    2 Vdx + 1 Ser cradle + 1 Bkup + $6.95 S/H

However, on 11/22, I was authorized for $570.95 - don't know why.
    2 Vdx + 1 Ser cradle + 1 Bkup + $13.00???

I can't figure that last one out. They haven't even touched my web order of the Stylus 5 pack. My wife thinks we'll probably get another shipment just like ours. If we do, I guess we're headed to ebay!

Mediam
    A Visor we will go, a Visor we will go,
    Hi ho the stylus blows, a Visor we will go!
    huski

Thanks for the memories, your list format has been a bright spot in this still waiting game.

regards brians
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast