1.    #1  
    Has anyone seen the website www.freeipods.com? Wouldn't it be great if they had the same thing for the Treo 600 or upcoming Treo 650? I'll bet that would become a pretty popular thing!

Mark
    Last edited by mdeshur; 10/14/2004 at 10:12 PM. Reason: wrong title
  2.    #2  
    Has anyone seen the website www.freeipods.com? Wouldn't it be great if they had the same thing for the upcoming Treo 650? I'll bet that would become a pretty popular thing! I'd sign up for sure.

Mark
    Last edited by mdeshur; 10/14/2004 at 10:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Just like all the frauds that push the freeipods site??
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  4.    #4  
    Are these frauds? I have no first hand experience with them. Has anyone
    used www.freeipods.com or any similar sites, met the requirements and actually received what was promised?

Mark
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the link. It seems to be legitimate. Even more of a reason we need www.freetreos.com!!
    the freeipods.com thing is legit. on the screen savers (techtv show), the CEO of the parent company (i forgot which one, but on freeipods.com, there's a link to it on the bottom), went on the air and confirmed everything. People are receiving the $250 gift certificates, or so they said, but the only reason people aren't getting their ipods is because they're backordered. But it'd be really difficult to pull off freetreos.com because the CEO said that the advertising and potential customer (they have you sign up for magazines i think when you sign up for the ipod) covers the cost of the ipod, which is around $300... i doubt anybody could find a way to do it around $600 unless they did some mass advertising all over you
  8.    #8  
    maybe www.freeipods.com could team up with one of the cell phone providers. Then they could divide the costs.

Mark
    did you really need to post the exact same thing twice?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Thread merged ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mdeshur
    Are these frauds? I have no first hand experience with them. Has anyone
    used www.freeipods.com or any similar sites, met the requirements and actually received what was promised?

Mark
    I had tried it and signed up for it. I actually signed up for a paid service with Rhapsody. The problem I have is I could not get a comfirmation because their email are being blocked by aol.

It is a typical marketing site and it does what it needs to do to obtain clients and email addresses but does not force you to do so if you don't want to sign up. Like anywhere else once they have your email and other info, no telling what will the company do later with it even if their privacy page says otherwise.

It is very interesting that even though you claim that you have no experience on this site, the link you have typed is pointing to your email as a referal person. You are definitely a member of the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    It is very interesting that even though you claim that you have no experience on this site, the link you have typed is pointing to your email as a referal person. You are definitely a member of the site.
    Agreed! very interesting. I may just go ahead and try it, but I changed the referral # in the URL so someone else gets credit. Faking ignorance of the site is lame when you just want points.
    I got my free ipod from the company, as well as the free flat screen and also the free desktop pc so I can say it is not a fraud.
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    how much junkmail do you receive @ home/in email? do you have a refferal link for any of these offers?
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
  15.    #15  
    I wasn't trying to fake ignorance. I signed up, I just wasn't sure if I could ever expect to receive the free ipod or if I was going to be waiting for vaporware.

Mark
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Yes it's a real site. 2 of my friends got their Ipods. It takes time but I think the wait is worth it. I have 3 people on my list I still need 2 more. So help me out! The trick is to use one of their services ( I used Blockbuster) and when you get credit for it, just cancel the service.

Here's my referral link!

http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10131112

Good luck guys!

- John
    Quote Originally Posted by HoOn
    Yes it's a real site. 2 of my friends got their Ipods. It takes time but I think the wait is worth it. I have 3 people on my list I still need 2 more. So help me out! The trick is to use one of their services ( I used Blockbuster) and when you get credit for it, just cancel the service.

Here's my referral link!

http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10131112

Good luck guys!

- John
    no thanks. why would I want to sign-up for things to help you and then the only way I would get an iPod is to rope 5 people to sign-up for things they don't want and then go through the hassle to cancel them before you're charged.

i don't know what types of friends\family you have, but i won't ask that of mine.
  18.    #18  
    everyone i've told about it seems excited about it, but I think the challenge is finding 5 people to actually sign up.