Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. wrf
    A quick update -- I am on the list above, ordered on 9/17. Either your email has had immediate affect or it is just plain coincidence, but I finally see that my credit/debit card was charged today! Yahoo! On the other hand it might just be a result of actions I took: sent email to customer care last Friday and called on Monday to get my order "escalated" (whatever THAT means). Hopefully the rest of you here will see meaningful results as well. Good luck!

Warren
    Hi. I can't explain how fed up I am with these mind games HS is playing with us. There is no excuse for their failure. "Didn't expect this type of response" Yeah right. Show us your marketing plans. "Didn't plan the Visor to be a Christmas item" You know, that would be a novel idea. "We're working to improve" Oh yeah, well, "SHOW ME THE VISOR!" I think flaming HS on the web is only a way for us to vent our frustrations. We need to take action. We need to make them pay for this mistake. Here is the information you need to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Will this get you your Visor faster? Probably not, but if enough of us complain, HS will take our business more seriously. I just hope enough of us are willing to follow through with the BBB. Good luck! http://www.bbb.org/complaints/consumerform.html
  3.    #23  
    Well,

After sending it to the wrong address initially I sent it again tonight. Donna Dubinsky responded to the e-mail in 15 minutes! Here is the e-mail and the response:

Ms. Dubinsky,

I know that you are doing everything you can to fix a bad situation, it sure
    can't be any fun. Instead of griping about it I thought we could help by
    collecting info on VisorCentral about September orders that you have not
    shipped due to the corruption problem. It is logical to me that this info
    was just not recoverable.

Following is a list of information collected so far from people who are
    still waiting for their Visors. Many of these people have been active
    positive voices for Handspring so you can make a large number of people
    happy by taking care of these people. Included is their e-mail address and
    product order information. PLEASE do what you can to make sure that these
    people do not fall through the cracks.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

"Bryan .... wow, this is really great of you to do. Thank you for going
    through the trouble to pull together this list. We have been shipping a
    reasonable number of units on old orders each of the last few days, so some
    of these folks may have received theirs. I'm sending the list to customer
    relations to help them get the remaining orders shipping.

I appreciate your patience and your support .... "

Donna

Well I hope this gets you all your Visors

I ordered a Graphite Visor Deluxe on October 23, and when I checked on it 2 weeks later, CSR had no record of the order. I gave him my info again, but am still not sure that I am in the queue...

[This message has been edited by beaker (edited 11-18-1999).]
    Thanks for the efforts and updates beaker! I'll let you know it it helps...so far, my information has been correct on 3 calls to CSR, no CC billing, and I'm wondering what gods I pissed off.
    Beaker -- The threat of sending them a list must have done it! I received my BVD on 11/18. Thanks for your help

Its great! The USB HotSync is fast, and everything works fine.
    1) e-mail address: hilton@canada.com
    2) Order Date: Sept. 18 (I think)
    3) PDA Model: Visor Deluxe
    4) Color: ice
    5) Cradle Type: Serial
    6) Quantity: 1

I changed my order about 4 weeks later, from a Solo plus serial, to the above. That may have effected my order. Also I am in Canada, don't know if that makes any difference.
    In case you are sending an update to the list:

RustySmith@aol.com
    9/28 or 9/29
    Visor Deluxe
    Blue
    USB
    (1)

Also ordered a second USB cradle

Sent this info to the customer support email address with exactly this same purpose in mind the day we first had tips on the database corruption. Doesn't seem to have helped. Still waiting patiently - thanks to everyone who has posted glowing reports; it helps me remain patient and keeps from cancelling and running out to get a Palm Vx.
    I actually got a call from Handspring last night it seems my CC was wrong even though I had fixed it 2X's before. It is being shipped today and I will have it Monday or Tuesday at the latest. The kind Handspring employee is even going to either email me or call me with an order number and she was very apologetic. Phew hopefully this is the end of a more than 2 month struggle.

Chris
  9. wrf
    Yup, I received my blue VD 11/18 as well. Since it must have been shipped on Wed -- the same day Bryan was putting the list together -- I'd have to chalk it up to coincidence. Nonetheless, Donna personally copied everyone on the list from Bryan's note. A nice touch, but I'm sure not much consolation to those who are still waiting. Hope you all get your Visors soon!
    Ahhhh! I'm frustrated beyond belief.. I ordered my vd, and all they can ever tell me is it should be shipped soon. but, soon never comes, and come 11/22 - it'll be 8 weeks, already! help, help, has anyone else not rec'd theirs after soooo long?

and, do you know if they're even going to use this sept order info? do they look over here?

should I continue to wait, or cancel...it's killing me! **almost literally**

--> hula_gal@hotmail.com
    --> 9/20
    --> visor deluxe
    --> bluuuuue
    --> usb? whichever's standard w/that package
    --> 1

thanks for letting me vent.. :-) *whew*

does anyone know the head honcho's email address so I can send some flame their way?

I also hinted we, who've waited sooo long, should be thrown something for our pain and suffering. haha!

mahalo all!
  11.    #31  
    FYI:

I will send another update tonight or later today with the new posts.

Please post here if you got results from this!

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    1) sean@mcevoy.org
    2) 9/28/99
    3) Visor Deluxe)
    4) Ice
    5) USB
    6) 1

All information (name/address/cc#)is correct in their systems since day 1.
    1.) sjhazel@hotmail.com
    2.) September-not sure of exact order date
    3.) Visor Deluxe
    4.) Blue
    5.) USB
    6.) 1

Thank you...any help would be appreciated
    >>Show us your marketing plans. <<

Marketing plans are projections. You what projections are worth? Not much.

Courts traditionally have refused to allow start-up companies to recover lost profits for business interruption on the ground that their busines is SO speculative that no reasonable projection can be made. Everyone is wrong about marketing projections at some point. If they weren't, there would be no losers in the marketplace, we would still drive edsels, and Sylvania would be our most popular TV. When it's a start up, you can be sure the marketing plans are mostly fallible.
    1) dieflyfish@aol.com
    2) 9/16
    3) Visor Deluxe
    4) Graphite
    5) USB
    6) 1

Have had several confirmations of my order information - no cc charges - no VDx
    Since last post my first cc (debit) was authorized, then charged. I had changed cards in October when rumor was going around that debit cards were not being accepted. Hopefully I won't get billed on my second card as well. I hope that this is a good sign that my order will be here in next couple of days.
    1) jalphin@erols.com
    2) 9/14/99 (or whatever the first day was)
    3) Visor Deluxe
    4) BLUE
    5) USB
    6) 1

everythigns' correct according to there dbase; but they won't send it!!

------------------
    Tom Alphin III - alphin@bucknell.edu - www.students.bucknell.edu/alphin/

1 dsilver@pdq.net
    2 9/?
    3 Deluxe
    4 Graphite
    5 Serial
    6 1
    1) lmackinney@calacademy.org
    2) 9/24/99
    3) Visor Deluxe
    4) Ice