Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ok I know there is no service to be found but if someone does have a address I will send a email not that it will do any good.
    jpayne,

As I understand it, VC does not want us to post people's email addresses on the bulletin board...this is understandable, I wouldn't want mine circulated without my permission.

On the other hand, there are a number of threads where people have said that they found the addresses by nosing around the HS web site. I haven't done this (yet) so I don't know exactly where to look.

To everyone else: I'm disturbed by the rumors/statements too, and by the fact that some who ordered after me or who complained have their Visors while I don't, but I continue to take the attitude that I will complain when/if I don't get my Vdx in the promised time frame...which for the web orders will not be exceeded unless they fail to _ship_ on wednesday. So, siddartha, how do you come up with "As the 6 week deadline reached its terminus..." <past tense>?

Now, Meisty, who is a 9/14 order, does have a real beef, and I hope his/hers comes soon. In my case, I ordered on 10/7 and had hoped to get it by now, but I knew that I'd have to do without for a while when I decided not to get another Palm.

3.    #23  
    Huski,

You are quite correct about the time frame - my order will reach 6 weeks on Wednesday. When Thursday rolls around and you don't have your order I'll accept your apologies about questioning the veracity of my prior statements.
    I ordered on the first day and have yet to receive anything other than empty promises. While I have never written a company to complain - this time I did. After reading many of the posts here, I composed a note to Donna, Ed and Mike (VPs of Sales and Logistics) and took a blind attempt at their email addresses. Took me three tries to get them right - it ain't hard. Interestingly enough, here is the reply I got for the incorrect address:

'deletedname@handspring.com' on Mon, 15 Nov 1999 15:04:39 -0800
    The recipient name is not recognized
    The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=
    ;p=ELBONIA;l=DOGBERT9911152304WY421C80
    MSEXCH:IMS:ELBONIA:ELBONIA: DOGBERT 0 (000C05A6) Unknown Recipient

I thought the names were interesting! Too many jokes here. I'm really not making this up!!

I eventually got the names right and received the autoreply from Ms.D. Let's see what happens next.

[This message has been edited by rbphelan (edited 11-15-1999).]
    siddartha,

Sadly, I expect that you're right and that Thursday will come and go...so I'll apologize for any offense in the previous post now. I should have put a on my post.

After all, even if my Visor did come before Thursday, that wouldn't mean that they didn't tell you that it would be 8-9 weeks.

The more semi-serious point: HS is making a major mistake by not updating their shipping page more often. It's not like their problems are secret; however, whenever anyone here on VC hears a different story from a CSR or someone from HS, a) it winds up as a thread that makes them look bad and b) it generates a mess of phone calls and emails to them. To me, the most positive thing they did since the shipping debacle started was to post the page that admitted that they had problems: http://www.handspring.com/shipping_details.asp

For me, they admitted that FIFO was dead, at least for the early orders, and that it would be slower to revive it than to just push ahead with shipping. I could accept that. However, they still say on their web site that "Some individuals placed orders on the Handspring web site during this period. These orders are fine, and will be shipped within the 4-6 week guideline we established. You do not need to reconfirm these orders."...I've been leaving them alone based on the idea that I don't want to do anything to slow down getting to my order and shipping it. Now, however, I'm hearing from you that HS is giving a different story over the phone, and I find myself wondering why they didn't tell me or the other web orders. It's not like they had to air their dirty laundry in public by plastering it all over their webpage...they did manage to send us all confirmatory emails, so presumably they have our addresses and could have sent us private messages explaining the situation and laying out our options. So, I apologize again for snapping at the bearer of bad tidings...but I find the idea that they are only giving news to those who call almost as annoying as the news itself...<sigh>
    No I was not wanting someone to post their address maybe just send it to me. I now know this email attempt is a useless effort. I did get in touch with a Supervisor at CS after 2hrs of waiting on the line (Thank God for DialPad). She said we experienced a few little problems but are trying hard to make sure those mistakes did not happen again.
    Well I'm on the phone with a CSR AGAIN! I didn't even get the usual greeting the phone was instantly picked up - very strange. The question of the day by the CSR "Have you ever called in to check your order?" HELLOOOOOO!!!!!! Like 10 times and emailed Donna herself. Well now he says oh you haven't received it? NO WHY DO YOU THINK I AM CALLING YOOOUUUUU!!!! Anyway he's going to get back to me and if the shipping department has an Ice in stock they will be able to hopefully get it to me by friday. Yeah right.

UUUGGGGHHHHHHHH
    So I broke down and called Handspring this evening.

I asked the CSR to look up my order and let me know if it had shipped or not, and if so, to give me a tracking number. He asked when I ordered it. I told him I had placed a web order on October 6th. He asked for my name and looked up my order on the computer.

"No, it hasn't shipped yet, but it should ship any day now."

"What? I was told it would ship within 4 to 6 weeks of my order date, which would make tomorrow the end of the 6 weeks."

"Yes, it should ship any day now. Our database is 4 days delayed."

I paused. "What do you mean delayed?"

"The information we have is 4 days old."

So here's a brand-new story from CSR. Thought I'd just toss it into the mix.

-Gavin
    Hi. I can't explain how fed up I am with these mind games HS is playing with us. There is no excuse for their failure. "Didn't expect this type of response" Yeah right. Show us your marketing plans. "Didn't plan the Visor to be a Christmas item" You know, that would be a novel idea. "We're working to improve" Oh yeah, well, "SHOW ME THE VISOR!" I think flaming HS on the web is only a way for us to vent our frustrations. We need to take action. We need to make them pay for this mistake. Here is the information you need to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Will this get you your Visor faster? Probably not, but if enough of us complain, HS will take our business more seriously. I just hope enough of us are willing to follow through with the BBB. Good luck! http://www.bbb.org/complaints/consumerform.html
    This from recent CSR interaction:

"8-9 weeks, where'd you hear that?...Did you read that on Visor Central? No, we're not running at 8-9 weeks. Yours hasn't shipped by these records but our data base hasn't been updated for four days...it will be in about 5 minutes though. Have you checked your credit card recently, it may have processed already."

Several have posted (proper) credit card dings in the last day or so. Keep your eyes open for the UPS/FedEx dude/dudett!!
    This just in from SIDDARTHA:

"I was sent an extra Green Visor Deluxe. Send me an e-mail at greenvisor4sale@hotmail.com - the highest offer before high noon tommorrow "wins" it without the wait - I am a lot faster than Handspring!"

8-9 weeks huh?
  12. kay
    Like Geoff I ordered my Visor on-line Oct 6. It was bad to be informed by Handspring staff a few days ago that those who placed orders in Sep and early Oct would take longer to get their product than those who ordered later due to a problem in early computer transactions. We are the ones who put our faith in the product in the beginning and are now the ones getting taken for a ride. Has anyone who ordered in early October received their product? At least it will give me reassurance that the Visor actually exist! I was not told that it could take up to 9 weeks, only that it should be shipped in the near future. The only problem with that is what is meant by "near future"!!!!
  13.    #33  
    Our friend Elmorg was correct - I received not just 1 Visor Deluxe but two. After the Staff at Handspring (not the CSR's) informed me it would take an additiona 2 weeks I personally called Donna'soffice to cancel. And guess what - I had it in my hand the next day. I'm not suggesting this as a tactic, I was honestly ready to cancel shipment and order a Palm Vx. But on the plus side the VX is a great product and worth the aggravation!
    siddartha - you lucky SOB...!
    I had a long series of emails with Donna yesterday, I too said if I didn't have it (or at least a shipping number) by the end of the week (ie today), I was going out for a Palm Vx. Nothing. No reaction. The standard company line. She didn't even 'escalate' my order after I asked her. No offer of a pack of styli (for what they're worth). The latest info I got was that they have started to ship web orders and it will take them 2-3 days to get through them. I don't know if those 2-3 days start today and run over the weekend, or whether they start Monday. Whatever, I can't see my Visor arriving in under a week, so I guess I have to follow through and cancel my order.
    I am not sure if this was mentioned but I just copied this from Handsprings web site.
    --------------------------------------------
    Web orders of the week of October 4: We have not yet started shipping the web orders of this week. We are in the final stages of testing the data transfer mechanism from the web store into the shipping system. We realize that some orders taken over the phone have been shipped with dates later than these orders. These orders are very high priority for us. We will post a notice once these orders start shipping. We know that this delay puts you beyond the 4-6 week commitment. If you would like to cancel your order, you may do so by sending an email to customer care.

I don't know how many other VisorCentral members are in the same situation as me, but I'm at a university and Thanksgiving Break starts this Wednesday, and I won't be back until the following Sunday! Since HS doesn't ship to PO boxes, I'm having my Visor shipped to my girlfriend's house. Knowing my luck, it will probably be dropped off at her house on Friday and stolen by some of the neighborhood kids...

-Gavin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12