1.    #1  
    AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    *@&% *#^ !#*&^ !#%*#% !#*%!( !)# !%#&^
    RASSIN FRASSIN COTTON-PICKIN' GOODFERNUTHIN'

Sorry for wasting bandwidth... just had to let off some steam over all of HS's "wonderful little CS surprises." HAPPY DAY! BOY I'M SURE GLAD I DECIDED TO GO WITH THIS COMPANY!

Eight weeks and counting, with no word whatsoever on the status of my order (I'm surprised they still have me in their little 3x5 card database... I thought the crayon would've smeared by now.)
    Last edited by Chazzz; 02/08/2016 at 10:28 PM.
    I said "forget it" and ordered a Palm IIIx--my first organizer and I love it!

Yet Handspring feels compelled to keep attempting to charge my Visa card for 2 Visor Deluxes even though I've cancelled by phone and email and told my bank to refuse charges.

Unbelievable.
    I've been waiting since September 16th and just now got off the phone with a CSR who seems pretty helpful supposedly he is going to call me back and let me know if everything goes through shipping o.k. and then I should get it by friday, well we'll see. This time I feel as though I got more results from the CSR probably because I'm one of the few, the proud (or is that stupid) the early September orders. Put on the heat and don't take their canned responses or ask to talk to someone who knows what's going on.
    So I'm confused. Why the hell do they have to keep the orders in Toronto (or wherever they take the orders) for months before they're shipped to HandSpring? If that's S.O.P. then HandSpring will never get to the "Order Today we ship it tomorrow" phase. I wonder if HandSpring's idea is to make some money via on-line orders and then go to retail distribution. I mean, you can't buy a Palm directly from 3Com can you?

Breath deep, keep waiting I tell myself. It's only been 4 weeks. Sure, i've seen absolutly nothing that convinces me that these folks are capable of running an efficient mail order business (which this essentially is).

[This message has been edited by Dru Lee (edited 11-16-1999).]
    It's been 8 weeks for me. I've had my order escaleted(???) 6 times since 11/1 and amazingly still no Visor. It's time to start demanding retribution. I've been waiting way too long and spent way, way , way too much time following up with these people trying to get what I was promised. We have provided Hnadspring with the ability to go back to their investment bankers and show them a huge return on the investment and allow them to get more "cheap" money. This is purely a greedy business decision on their part in order to keep their costs down, while being able to utilize their projected earnings for future orders. We've all been screwed, simple as that. It's time to wake up to the fact that Handpsring couldn't give a rodent's behind about their customers. Does anybody remember DiVX?? Great technology, horrible service, dead company.
    It's been 8 weeks for me. I've had my order escaleted(???) 6 times since 11/1 and amazingly still no Visor. It's time to start demanding retribution. I've been waiting way too long and spent way, way , way too much time following up with these people trying to get what I was promised. We have provided Hnadspring with the ability to go back to their investment bankers and show them a huge return on the investment and allow them to get more "cheap" money. This is purely a greedy business decision on their part in order to keep their costs down, while being able to utilize their projected earnings for future orders. We've all been screwed, simple as that. It's time to wake up to the fact that Handpsring couldn't give a rodent's behind about their customers. Does anybody remember DiVX?? Great technology, horrible service, dead company.
    Well I had the word "escalated" defined for me this morning. It in no way indicates a rush, it's when a CSR sends an email off to shipping to inquire on an order not to ask them to rush or even ship, just to see if it's been sent or if it is there to be sent. I believe they are using the wrong word it should be "expedite" not "escalate". I had my ordered escalated 4 weeks ago and I'm still waiting (been since Sept. 16th).
    "Does anybody remember DiVX?? Great technology, horrible service, dead company."

Dude, DiVX is not dead because of the service. DiVX was an unamerican enterprise:

"I'm here to install your new DVD player. Where's your phone line?"
    "Excuse me?"
    "We're gonna charge you every time you wanna watch a movie."
    "Get the hell out."
    "Fair enough."

It's fun to be off-topic.
    How hard can it be for them to dedicate all CSR and shipping staff to finishing off the September orders? I mean, since mid-October phone orders are being received, obviously there is staff that is processing them. Why can't the full staff be ordered to dedicate all resources to Sept orders? Why on God's green earth is anyone there processing October orders while September ones sit unfilled?
    And if they're going to process October orders, why the heck aren't they starting AT THE BEGINNING OF OCTOBER??!!?? Why start in the middle with people who aren't overdue yet, when you've got so darned many people from September and the initial web orders in October that have been waiting, and are losing patience? I don't know if someone has screwed up (again) or if they just don't care about us and what damage they are doing to their reputation!
  11. RJT
    Their press has been too good. They don't care what happens to early adapters. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise. When this stuff hits the stores people will go crazy for it. Unless we were to do something as a collective group (anyone out there with suggestions)nothing, and mean NOTHING is going to be done by Handspring. They stand on their product's potential. Handspring would give their eye teeth to be out of the E-commerce business. They want to develop...they want to do what they do best.

[This message has been edited by RJT (edited 11-16-1999).]

[This message has been edited by RJT (edited 11-16-1999).]