1. sih
    Upon calling Handspring on several occasions I gathered some information about them and the call center.
    1- They are in Toronto
    2- All of the numbers except for the (650) ones are routed to the same location---this includes tech support and cust. care
    3- Working in the same line of work, I think that they dont even work for Handspring directly..
    ..they are a a "Resource Management" company that is contracted to handle tech support, cust relations, shipping, etc. 3Com has two similar centers..cust relations in Florida and tech support in Northern Virginia.
    I know that this info is not very relevant, but I think that its kind of cool.
    So in other words they dont give a !@#$ if they screw up your order! So dont blame it on Handspring blame it on Resource Managment
  3. sih
    No I what I was actually trying to get at is that Handspring's business practices are no different than any other company in their field. But their customer service does not only reflect poorly on them, but also on the company that they contracted. If a similar situation happened at my place of work I am sure that 3Com, who we have a contract with, would not be hesitant to take action against us. Basically it is the fault of BOTH of the companies..Handspring and whomever they have working for them.
  4. sih
    v

[This message has been edited by sih (edited 11-14-1999).]
    b
    How was handspring to know that they were hirring a crap company?
    How does anyone know that the problems are with the 'crap company'? What about the shipping part of the operation?
    If the "crap company" doesn't get the ordering/shipping info to Handspring correctly, there will be problems. The "crap company" takes the orders, including # of Visors ordered, what color, where to ship, what CC# to bill, etc., and sends that along to Handspring. If the initial information is recorded incorrectly, (and it sounds like it often is) many problems will result.