Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just got my Visor today (10/25) and I live right outside of Binghamton, NY.

Looks like they're starting to trickle into the east coast!
    Wizard 22
    When did you order?
    Arg, this is SO annoying! Not only is the first-in-first-out a load of poo I STILL don't have my visor... RAGE TAKING OVER... no no, wait two more days, who cares if Wiz22 not only ordered 2 days after you, but is further away from California... I'm in freakin' ROCHESTER!! Grrr... Ok, venting done, wait 2 more days and then lose patience with CSR at handspring... OK, I'm talking to myself now... aaaaahh!
    I got mine at 11:30am EST! I live in Lexington, KY. Ordered it the morning of 9/14, it took a month but they kept their promise...this thing is AWESOME!
    Mine showed up in Rochester NY around 1:30pm ...

-Eric
    Hogger, et al:

Well, you (all) were right. No f-in Visor 2day.

But look what Chanukah Harry brought up at the UPS web site:

In Transit

Tracking Number:
    1Z 951 880 03 1117 306 3
    Service Type:
    GROUND
    PACKAGE PROGRESS
    Date
    Time
    Oct 25, 1999
    6:08 P.M.
    MANHATTAN-43 ST., NY, US
    ARRIVAL SCAN
    5:22 P.M.
    MEADOWLANDS, NJ, US
    DEPARTURE SCAN
    2:16 P.M.
    MEADOWLANDS, NJ, US
    UNLOAD SCAN
    2:03 P.M.
    MEADOWLANDS, NJ, US
    LOCATION SCAN
    Oct 23, 1999
    10:20 A.M.
    MEADOWLANDS, NJ, US
    ARRIVAL SCAN
    Oct 19, 1999
    3:22 A.M.
    NORTH BAY HUB, CA, US
    DEPARTURE SCAN
    12:28 A.M.
    NORTH BAY HUB, CA, US
    ARRIVAL SCAN
    Oct 18, 1999
    10:52 P.M.
    SUNNYVALE, CA, US
    DEPARTURE SCAN
    7:37 P.M.
    SUNNYVALE, CA, US
    ORIGIN SCAN
    Mine arrived in MD on 10/25
    A coworker of mine who ordered on the 14th got her blue Visor yesterday (Monday the 25th) - we're in Manhattan. I myself ordered on the 15th and was told over a week ago that it would be in the second round of shipments, go figure.

[This message has been edited by X1/9 (edited 10-26-1999).]
    I posted this in another forum but the people here might also be interested:

I was given a 16 digit tracking number last week and when I tried all combos none worked. THis morning I tried again and found several still in transit including mine, I HOPE. If anyone is interested the track numbers are:
    1Z 951 880 03110445

14 CA 10/25
    23 MD 10/25 -Arrived at my home 4:10 pm 10/26
    32 MD 10/25 -Was redirected to dullas airport
    69 NJ 10/25
    87 CA 10/25
    96 MA 10/25

All of the rest of the numbers are already delivered. Looks like some people will be getting Visors today.

Bill

[This message has been edited by SUPERvisor (edited 10-26-1999).]
    One delivered in North Bergen NJ & some are destination scanned in NYC. Mine's not among them, so we wait a little longer.
    LCM
    Despite being told it would be another 10 days before my "backordered" visor shipped, my Orange Deluxe, ordered 9/16, express shipping, arrived this morning, 10/26, via UPS ground in south eastern Pennsylvania (Philly burbs).
    Visor sighting in Maine!

Just arrived - setup fine, serial cradle works good - awaiting my Win 98 upgrade for usb...

I'm so excited, I'm about to pee my pants!
    Hogger etc...

Ordered 9/14, eve
    Arrived 10/26, 12P
    Driver's Name: Mac
    Color of UPS Truck: Brown
    Temp/Humidity/Barometer: 58 / 34% / Confusing
    Color: Ice Visor, Caucasian Owner
    Options: Serial, delivered
    Overcharged by $20, no tax
    NYC NY

Okey, got me an Ice.

The good stuff, the unit's solid if not brick-solid, and is well-assembled and well-designed. While the plastic cover isn't phenomenal, it is functional and works well. Awkward, mebbe, but solid and good for protection. Moreover, what I like is the fact that not only can you clip it behind the Visor so it's out of the way, but it has four small pegs to level it on a flat surface (like a table, or my head ;-) so the Visor doesn't unsteadily go rolling off and onto the hard floor :-)

Off the bat, I forgot to make sure the Mail Sync was disabled, so I got a few errors every time the Sync program looked for Eudora (my fault, o' course), but other than that, from the installation of the (optional serial) cradle to the writing of this note elapsed about one hour, taking time out for meals, jumps for joy and answering two business calls.

The unfortunate decision to charge me $269 instead of $249 isn't a major problem, and seems to be consistent. I'll dispute the charge and let Handspring deal with Bank of New York for the $20. I would definitely figure this is a non-anti-climactic climax. I'm really pleased with the unit as shipped, and while I'm excited to test out USB syncing tonight, I'm extremely pleased with the product. Thus begins my 30 days of "Stump Tech Support" - iow, phase I, order and receive, is complete, and thus begins Phase II, Stump the Techies :-)

Hopefully, Phase II will have a similarly positive result. Aside from the over-charging ($20, mebbe I should contact the FTC ;-) I'm pleased. Not entirely at ease, and not quite ready to recommend this to other people just yet. Let the countdown beginů
    To answer an earlier question, I ordered on 9/16.

Mike: Dude... RELAX.

A.) Handspring is (supposedly) doing FIFO shipments in BATCHES. That means every order from the FIRST WEEK went out at the same time, followed by orders from the SECOND WEEK, etc. If you ordered on 9/14, you have no benefit over someone that ordered on 9/15, 9/16, etc.

B.) I'm thinking that the difference between Rochester and Binghamton when shipping from California is negligable.
    Mine came to Hoboken, NJ with a serial cradle today.

------------------
    -----------------------
    Ordered 1 VDlx Blue
    1am Sept 15th
    Received 10:30 Oct 26th
    Received: Oct 26th
    Ordered: 9pm est, Sept 14th

I was charged sales tax... which I think is incorrect. Can anyone verify?
    I'm in Maryland and was also charged sales tax, when I called Handspring they said it was a mistake and would credit the amount back to my Visa.
    I'm in Maryland and was also charged sales tax, when I called Handspring they said it was a mistake and would credit the amount back to my Visa.
    Hogger:

You get yours yet?

When you do, sign up for AvantGo and check out "In The Crease" -- it's an over-the-edge hockey info-mart. I'm hoping that I read about Muckler either being fired or signed through 2005 ;-)

Hit the Ranger newsgroup if you have a chance...check out my posts as 'hooper'

Sorry for the somewhat off-topic stuff...
    Carl,
    Nope. not yet. eagerly waiting though. I was running the channel on avantgo earlier. Unsubscribed until I get my Vdx. The pilot pro just cant hack the amount of data I want to put in. Will let you know when it shows. Hey Carl... Play any darts?
    LCM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast