1.    #1  

After waiting on hold with Handspring's cust service number for over a half an hour, I had them track the status of my early September order , and the customer service rep informed me that they screwed up my credit card number, which is why I did not get my unit with the first crop of people.

ADDITIONALLY, I have also found out that all the colors, especially blue (the color I originally chose) have been backordered over a week, possibly two. They said they have PLENTY of "batman black" graphites but virtually nothing as far as colored ones go. So, I changed my order to a graphite unit, and they forwarded the order into the shipping dock on priority. They will allow you to do this to speed up your order, apparently.

------------------
    Jason Perlow

Contributing Editor, PalmPower Magazine
    www.palmpower.com

Sr. Technical Editor, Windows CE Power
    www.windowscepower.com

Read My Articles at my home page:

www.argonautsystems.com
    First of all, you're posting this in the wrong forum. Secondly, you may want to read this (scroll down to where it says "Colors").
    http://www.handspring.com/shipping_details.asp
    That's odd.

I heard the exact opposite yesterday from a Rep in regards to stuff being backordered. The lady said that in fact they have plenty of everything and stuff should be shipped late this week/early next week and not to worry. This all after I explicitly asked if there was gonna be a backorder problem for my Ice Deluxe after they managed to bungle my order by misspelling my first name and hence not being able to charge my CC. (I ordered on 9/15).

Well I'm not sure who to believe now. I sure hope my rep was correct but once again I guess I'll have to wait and see. *SIGH*

Ahsan
  4.    #4  
    I know what it says on the site. All I can say is that I spoke to the rep and then I spoke to the supervisor, who flat out told me that colors are backordered and they have an ample supply of blacks if I wanted to accelerate my order. They may have done this especially because I was irate that they screwed up my card, but you can interpret this any way you want. My unit was also registered as Contributing Editor from PalmPower Magazine, so they could have been motivated by reasons other than me being upset about its lateness.

------------------
    Jason Perlow

Contributing Editor, PalmPower Magazine
    www.palmpower.com

Sr. Technical Editor, Windows CE Power
    www.windowscepower.com

www.argonautsystems.com
    Sure enough. Due to the fact that I've seen lots of people who were able to get tracking numbers, I decided to call to obtain one. After waiting on hold only 10 minutes or so (on the 888 number) I was able to speak to a CSR who told me that my order had not shipped yet (contrary to the information I was given by a CSR last week) because it was backordered. So, Perlow, I take it back. Looks like you're right. I elected not to change to the Graphite, though I was tempted, because I don't want my order to be delayed any more.

The CSR also told me that even though I placed my order on the phone, I could check my order status on the Handspring site by using the last four digits of my credit card as the password. Haven't tried it yet, but I'll let you know if it works.
    It didn't work. Oh well, looks like another week or two of waiting.
  7.    #7  
    ChrisB:

The truth stinks, doesnt it.

And in the interest of stinking truth, I say we pelt Handspring's HQ with rotten eggs for Halloween!!!!

http://spitfire.cwv.net/~cdbailey/im...2/headache.gif
    ------------------
    Jason Perlow

Contributing Editor, PalmPower Magazine www.palmpower.com

Sr. Technical Editor, Windows CE Power www.windowscepower.com

www.argonautsystems.com

[This message has been edited by perlow (edited 10-28-1999).]
    I am so relieved to hear that the graphite Visor that I ordered on 9/17, which they have never sent me, is still in stock! At least there is a ray of hope! I feel like singing! Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya' tomorrow. You're only a day away!