1.    #1  
    I ordered my VDx on 10/7. I immediately got my email confirmation. I realize that I shouldn't get my Graphite VDX until mid Nov., but I want to make sure that I will get it. So I called the 888 number (I'm not paying Long Distance), after 30 min on hold I got a helpful (and apologetic) rep that after searching by name, shipping and billing phone, and my order number, she could not find my order. I was transfered to customer care to re-order through priority. This really doesn't make sence. If I got an automated email, why wasn't it recorded?

Since so many others have gotten bad info from CSRs.....

Has anyone who ordered from the web confirmed that your order is on track?

jbw
    I USED THE TOLL LINE AND A NICE GENTLEMEN TOOK MY CALL. HE CONFIRMED EVERYTHING WAS RIGHT AND I MADE AUTHENTICATE EVERTHING FROM MY CREDIT NUMBERS AND TO MY PARTICULARS TO MAKE SURE THAT IT IS RIGHT. EXPECT EARLY NOVEMBER FOR THE VISOR. FROM WHAT IT GOING IN HANDSPRING I AM NOT SURE IF I WILL GET IT AT ALL. THERE IS ONE GUY(THREAD BY TEQUILA I THINK). WE ARE FROM THE SAME TOWN OF 40 000 AND HE HAS ALREADY RECEIVED HIS VISOR. I AM FRETTING ABOUT THIS BECASUE HE ORDERED THRU' THE PHONE ON OCT 12 AND ME ORDERED ONLINE ON OCT 9.

I emailed Handsprings Internet Marketing the other day to get an estimate as to when their web store will be put back up. I received a reply tonight stating that they could not give me a specific time, but that it was in its "final testing phases". Hopefully those of us who ordered online will be able to check the status of their orders via the web soon.
    Jason

[This message has been edited by jsatter (edited 10-25-1999).]
    Ugh, I hope so. I need to change several things in my order and the phone reps can't get to web orders (or so I was told by a phone rep).
  5. RJT
    Natescape...I'm in the same boat. My CC expires 10/31/99. You know what that means. I fully expect my order to be mucked up if I can't get back online and revise my order into. It's not so much that I don't trust a hand written order as rather I don't want to mix the two processes this late in the game. I'll feel better just dealing with an online database at this point. Keep pushing this topic to the top....I'm waiting for the moment when I can a read that an online order has been rec'd.
    My 10/6/99 Web order was "lost". I had to reorder on 10/26.
    hmm..

I wonder if instead of being "lost" that our online orders might be in a separate database than the phone orders and the CSRs don't have the ability (or the knowledge) to access them. From the posts that I have read it seems to me that the databases are disorganized so I personally would not put too much weight on what the CSRs are saying about the online orders just yet. I'm waiting until the online store is put back up to check my order.
    Jason
    I too ordered online on 10/6. I wrote an email inquiring about online orders and received an automated email telling me that the online store would be up "soon." That was two weeks ago. After the "order questions" email address was posted I sent an email to that address and provided my order number but I have yet to get a response. Just for kicks I called my credit card company to see if my card had been billed but it had not. I can't get through to a CSR so I guess I'm going to wait until the online store is back up.
    I just got off the phone with a CSR (Steve), via the toll free number, and was able to confirm my web order. I gave him my name first and he said he couldn't find it but I then gave him the order number from my email confirmation and he was able to confirm my info and what I ordered. He told me that my credit card hadn't been processed yet and confirmed my number just to be safe. I've read of a few more web customers who have also had their orders confirmed. Anyone know of any web orders received yet?
  10.    #10  
    I just finished speaking with a GREAT CSR, Khai. He was very helpful and dilligent. After searching via all of the standard methods, he was of course unable to find my order. He took all of my order info (probably just to force through the order), and said that he would send the info to his supervisor to see if the supervisor has access to the database for web orders.

He guaranteed that I will receive my Graphite VDx within two weeks (we'll see).

I was just happy to have a good CSR experience (dispite being on hold for an hour). After I hung up, he called me right back to make sure that he had my online order number correct. That is a bit reassuring at least.
    I was somewhat encouraged to see this in the latest shipping news.

"Web orders: Some individuals placed orders on the Handspring web site during this period. These orders are fine, and will be shipped within the 4-6 week guideline we established. You do not need to reconfirm these orders."
    Did an ironic thing this morning: instead of having CSR put me on hold or hang up on me, I had to hang up on them. I was trying to check and change some info on my Web order when I had to field a question at work. Sorry, Handspring, but I guess they deserved it.

Is there anyway to change order info online?
    I was able to check my order -- 991006-1575, and other numbers in my range, just for kicks.

Just got off the phone with CSR. Don't believe what they tell you. After trying to change my credit card number, the CSR told me I would have to place a new order. I told him I have an order number, and he had to check with a supervisor first.

Later, he came back and said he found my order, and he could make changes without affecting my ship date.

The CSR will first try to look up an order by your last name. This might not work for all online orders. I had to convince him to use my order number (the logical thing, since my last name pulled up scores of people, while the order number should just pull up one) and then he easily made the changes. I hope he got it right.

Moral of the story -- don't believe what the CSR's tell you, and if you ordered online, don't be surprised if they tell you to place another order and be put at the end of the shipping line, when you try to change or confirm your info.
    According to the new shipping details web page those of us who ordered before Oct 20th are suppose to read their explainations. I ordered on Oct 18th and I still don't understand when I'm suppose to get my Visor. Is it early November (2 to 3 weeks) or is it 4 to 6 weeks (Mid to late November)?? Has anyone made a phone order in mid October and received it?
    I'm not complaining, I fullly understand that they were overwhelmed. I'm just not sure if I should confirm my order or if everything is OK. I certainly couldn't figure it out from their web page.
    Thanks