Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    reganc,

I just can't see Handspring completely stopping the acceptance of new orders because SOME (%?) Sept orders got screwed up. Actually, I take the fact that some folks, who ordered in Oct, already have their Visors to be a good sign that some of the bugs have been worked out of their system. How long could an upstart business last when they cut off their own revenue by stopping order acceptance - ESPECIALLY in the midst of what some would have you beleive is a crisis of massive proportions. Of course, I also think they should take some of the new found revenue and use it as to compensate the people (such as yourself) who got raked over the coals. I really think that once the smoke clears, Handspring will try to atone for each and every problem.

How bad is, errr, WAS their ordering problem anyway? I would like to see the ratio of correct and incorrect orders for the month of Sept. I think that if you use this board as an indicator the results would be skewed. In my experience, a customer rarely provides any feedback unless it is negative. You either hear something bad or nothin'.

regan, I do hope they get your order straight and I DO think you are an example of a customer that Handspring should find a way to satisfy. (Hopefully, though the use of goodies) Good luck!

Mitch,

Good points all. I would just argue that no company has to take *pre* orders for non-shipping products. That's a privledge that comes with some responsibility to either manage those orders correctly or stop taking them in.
  3. JST
    Hey CHIA - ValueAmerica purchase???
    I've seen two messages that mention applying $120 ValueDollars to the purchase of a Palm. How did you both get the $120 credit?

------------------
    Thx,

JST
    I've heard a rumour that the Palm Vx will be on ValueAmerica fairly soon for $400ish, so that'll be around $280 after all the discounts...will be a good alternative for all of us!
    I'm waiting on that myself Rich. Someone said they are suppossed to be on VA sometime this week. If my Ice VDx don't show tomorrow (10/25), I'll be one of the first to get a Vx from VA.

------------------
    BC

6.    #26  
    JST,
    If you look under the other Palm OS discussions, you will find a post that says something like "$162.00 Palm IIIX from VA". The directions to get the $120.00 rebates are posted there.

CHIA

In an earlier post to this topic Mitch writes:

"I would like to see the ratio of correct and incorrect orders for the month of Sept. I think that if you use this board as an indicator the results would be skewed. In my experience, a customer rarely provides any feedback unless it is negative. You either hear something bad or nothin'. "

Mitch, you are exactly right on customers rarely providing feedback unless it is negative. I would add that marketing researchers have shown that most people who have a negative experience tell a lot of other people (what we're seeing on this board), but do not typically tell the service provider. In other words, there are a lot of people that Handspring and the CSR contractor(s) are NOT hearing from. Hopefully this board is correcting some of that. If, as elsewhere reported on VisorCentral, they are reading us, this board is providing a valuable service to HS and the CSR contractor(s).

For those HS / CSR contractor folks that are reading this:

I very much want you to succeed in this business! As the dust settles from the product launch, make sure you take time to read the book:

"A Complaint Is a Gift : Using Customer Feedback As a Strategic Tool"
    by Janelle Barlow, Claus Moller (Contributor)

If anyone is interested in more good referencees about services marketing, send me an email.

- Rusty
    I'm about 2 seconds behing you if I don't get any honest info from them this morning!!!
    You can't cancel your order anyhow -- their system is down.

http://www.visorcentral.com/visor/di...ML/000623.html

Seems they've arranged it so customers can't get away from them even if they try! Smart move on their part at this point.

[This message has been edited by reganc (edited 10-25-1999).]
    If they've made it this difficult to cancel an order I have no qualms with reporting any charges to my credit card as unauthorized and having them removed.
    I consider my order cancelled. Orderd a Palm V this morning from VA for $222 after S/H.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12