Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I see.. How about this scenario? Is the entire $819 an actual posted transaction or merely an "authorization" charge? (or series of authorization charges)

The authorization charges are meant to place a "hold" on the funds until the actual charge posts to your account. They will automatically "fall off" after a few days, under the assumption that the actual charge will eventually come along to replace it.

Just casting about for a reasonable explanation...

[This message has been edited by SteveB (edited 10-22-1999).]
    I ordered the Visor Deluxe PLUS a serial cable. I ordered my Visor on the 18th, just called the Credit Card company, and they stated that it has not been charged yet, so I cannot offer any help on the overbilling. I do have a question though, how long as been the average wait time to receive your Visor? Thanks, Mark.

------------------
    Mark Neumann
    caedmon@tznet.com
    Since the first Visor were delivered on Monday the average wait time is 2.5 days? However, there are people receiving Visors that ordered them in October and there are still people who ordered on the first day that haven't received.

This is a craps shoot as best....check the Visor log post and you'll see what I mean.
    >>The authorization charges are meant to
    >>place a "hold" on the funds until the
    >>actual charge posts to your account. They
    >>will automatically "fall off" after a few
    >>days, under the assumption that the actual
    >>charge will eventually come along to
    >>replace it.

Actually, they stay on for 30 days. At least that is true of my Visa card, because I had a long talk with someone at Visa b/c of my overcharges. She said that I would need to get the issuing company to cancel the holds in order to recover the credit...so if Handspring has extra authorizations on your card, you are likely stuck with them for a month unless you can get them to remove them.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123