1.    #1  
    Ok, so now that my beloved Treo600 is gone I am in dire need of a new one.
    The problem= I can't seem to find a Handspring Logo Treo600...All that seems to be available is the PalmOne Logo Treo.

Why do I want the Handspring Logo Treo you ask?
    Well, I've gathered from this forum that the PalmOne Logo Treo's screen is dimmer than the Handspring Logo ones.
    Also..I can be wrong on this part though...most of the faulty Treos have the PalmOne Logo.

I don't know what to do.
    I guess you wouldn't know what you're missing unless you had it but in my case I would miss it because I had the Handspring Logo Treo and now it's dead (sobs).

Some advice would be good...
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    They don't make the Handspring logo ones any longer. Your only chance would probably be Ebay.
  3.    #3  
    NNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Crap...this can't be happening to me

Thanks for the info Webdave...
    shouldn't be a big deal - I didn't notice any difference at all when I replaced my HS logo one with a pOne logo unit. The screens seemed the same to me. Surely there are other issues to deal with out there in the huge world..
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    shouldn't be a big deal - I didn't notice any difference at all when I replaced my HS logo one with a pOne logo unit. The screens seemed the same to me. Surely there are other issues to deal with out there in the huge world..
    returned a handspring model because of issues, have a palmone model with no issues also.

and ditto on the 2nd part of your reply.
    Hi JoJo, are you having any luck finding your Treo? Have you tried these links?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20

or
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Treo_600_GSM...-30597291.html
    or
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,1310701,00.asp

Let me know if these offers any help?
    I had mine was replaced with another due to orange dots (dead pixels) on screen.

Unlike you I did not have the HS branding but when I compared my old with the new, it seems like the old has brighter screen than the new one.

Anyway, so far no issues with the replacement.
    I've handled maybe 100 units across the history of the Treo 600 in my work and haven't seen any brightness differences that I would be able to categorize as being a differnce between Handspring and palmOne production systems. Most of these observed production "facts" are nothing more than individual variations and / or overly critical users with too much time on their hands.

That said, if you're having an old handset replaced under warranty, Sprint will sometimes replace defective hardware with refurbished units rather than new in the box units. You could end up with a Handspring logoed unit that way, although, again, I've seen no difference to warrant that type of move. There may be some GSM carriers doing the same, although I wouldn't count on T-Mobile as they got their supply of handsets after the change-over.

I'd much rather have a brand new unit than an older refurbished one.
    ----------------------------------
    Mike Lohsl

Handheld Evangelist
    Sprint Treo 600

From The Mind of Mike...
  9.    #9  
    Hahaha...thanks all...you guys are right...there are definitely bigger problems in the world!
    Besides, you would think if they are newer in production then maybe some of the issues' been fixed...and maybe it might even have the new firmware

No replacement units for me...I have to buy it with my own menudo from my pocket...we have no Sprint, T-Mobile, or any of that stuff.
    We pay full price for our cell phones...no discounts (because there are no plans with the service providers).
    It sucks...but hey.

Thanks Treo_Happy,
    I'll check out those links.