Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    I made up my mind last week to get a Treo 600. It's killing me not to go out and get it right now. With CompUSA's new $299 price for a Sprint Treo (with some additional accessories) this seems like the time to pull the trigger and make the purchase. It also seems like the time Treo 600's are being put on sale to clear inventory for the new Treo 610/ACE.

    I will not be in a position to buy the 600 now and get an ACE when its released - it has to be one or the other (for the near future).

    What should I do? Go and pick up the Treo 600 at CompUSA or wait until October-December to see if the Treo 610/ACE is released?

    Al
  2. jglev's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by afoeckler
    I made up my mind last week to get a Treo 600. It's killing me not to go out and get it right now. With CompUSA's new $299 price for a Sprint Treo (with some additional accessories) this seems like the time to pull the trigger and make the purchase. It also seems like the time Treo 600's are being put on sale to clear inventory for the new Treo 610/ACE.

    I will not be in a position to buy the 600 now and get an ACE when its released - it has to be one or the other (for the near future).

    What should I do? Go and pick up the Treo 600 at CompUSA or wait until October-December to see if the Treo 610/ACE is released?

    Al
    The Treo 600 exists today and you can go buy one. No one knows when the Ace will be available, so who knows how long you will be waiting. It could be next month, it could be next year (my guess is sometime this Oct. or Nov., but who knows). Also, I doubt you will be able to pick-up a Sprint Treo Ace for $299 when it comes out. And, if the Ace turns out to be a must have for you, there is always E-bay.
    Jeff
  3. #3  
    the ace won't be out until Nov, at the earliest. too long to wait.
  4. #4  
    ace will be announced in september with availability thereafter ... I'd wait, because you seem to love that treo that much that it would slowly kill you not to having ace
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    ace will be announced in september with availability thereafter ...

    What makes you so sure? Everyone else is saying november to december to never....
  6. #6  
    Do you think Sprint will be offering current Treo customers a discount to upgrade to the Ace?
  7. #7  
    But even if there is a Palm announcement in October, what does that mean for availability by the various carriers? If history is any guide, it's half a year later at best.
  8. #8  
    understood. but i think what people are getting at is the fact that they may have to spend $300 now on a treo, and then when the ace comes out in a few months they may not be able to upgrade as they would have not had their contract long enough. i have this problem at the moment. i had a UK treo which ive now sold as im in the US now. I didn;t go out an upgrade to the treo (already have a srpint contract) as i would not have upgraded long enough ago to upgrade to the ace when it comes out - instead ive bought a cheap Tungsten E for the few months in between, and when the ace does come out ill sell the E on ebay or give it away. IF anyone is still following I think this is the sitch a lot of people may be finding themselves in.... just my 2C
  9. #9  
    I suspect the Ace will start trickling out in limited quantities in mid-October, like the previous Treos. Personally, if I didn't have the Treo 600 I'd pick one up for $300, then eBay it for 75% recoupment when the Ace becomes available. Who knows? You might be content enough with the 600 to stick with it.
  10. #10  
    and where will you pick up an ace from, if your still in contract and cannot upgrade - unless im reading the whole system wrong - im from the uk and maybe things work a bit diffferent there. my understanding is that if your in a year of your contract you cannot upgrade, and anything after that gets cheaper depending on where you are holding in the contract.

    i used to sell palms on ebay, and i can tell you that as soon as word of an upgrade for them was heard prices dropped thru the floor. maybe this is not the same for the treo.... and this 299 is only good if you want to start a new contract - if your in the middle of one sprint charge a LOT (forgot the exact amount) to upgrade - and selling it on ebay when the ace comes out may not produce the desired results money wise.
  11. #11  
    The world may all come to an end next month, so get the Treo 600 while you still can....
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70
    I suspect the Ace will start trickling out in limited quantities in mid-October, like the previous Treos. Personally, if I didn't have the Treo 600 I'd pick one up for $300, then eBay it for 75% recoupment when the Ace becomes available. Who knows? You might be content enough with the 600 to stick with it.
    No one will buy a used Treo 600 for $225 when the next generation is out.
  13. #13  
    You'd be surprised...
    Ebayers are such funny/unpredictable consumers.
    I just saw a Treo 600 listed for $700.00!
    As if...
  14. #14  
    I'm waiting for the ACE


    I don't care what anybody says...
  15. #15  
    NXTLwants2quit - thanks for letting us know ;-)
  16. #16  
    Upgrade now to a T600. Then, when the Ace/610/660/whatever comes out, pass along the 600 to your wife and get the Ace for yourself.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHooska
    ...when the Ace/610/660/whatever comes out, pass along the 600 to your wife and get the Ace for yourself.
    You sound like my ex-boyfriend...that's why he's now an EX..

    For your information peoples...don't pass your used, second hand phones to your wifes/girlfriends.
    You are totally telling them that they are not worht a new one
  18. dickied's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    You sound like my ex-boyfriend...that's why he's now an EX..

    For your information peoples...don't pass your used, second hand phones to your wifes/girlfriends.
    You are totally telling them that they are not worht a new one
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    For your information peoples...don't pass your used, second hand phones to your wifes/girlfriends.
    You are totally telling them that they are not worht a new one
    No no...we're telling them, "You take the tried, tested, and reliable Treo 600. I'll suffer and take this unreliable, unproven Treo Ace and shield you from all it's quirky problems (until, um, the Treo 900 is released, in which case the Treo Ace will be all tested by then and good enough for you...)".
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
  20. #20  
    HAHAHAHAHAHA
    You guys are terrible
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions