1.    #1  
    Hey, I'm making the plunge! I'm going to get a GSM treo. I was wondering where is the best place to buy one without a contract? Currently I found a refurbished unit on ebay for 464 USD. Is there any websites/sellers that have them cheaper? I called T-mobile and they said its not for sale yet. Anyone getting rid of theirs for the new 610. LOL Please help.

Once again, thanks for the advice!
    Last edited by Blak; 07/31/2004 at 09:46 PM.
    a cingular Treo from eBay is most likely your best bet. $450 - 500 is a good price range to pay.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I've been a loyal Handspring (now Palm1) Visor/Treo user. I had to replace my Treo 270 three times before I got my Treo 600. I'm also now on my third T600 unit because of defects. If I bought these on ebay without warranty I would have been very upset. I saw this quote in one of the luxury car forums "Nothing is more expensive than a cheap used luxury car" I think this will apply very well specially with the Treo,

Yes, I think the Treo 600 is still the best out there and I am looking forward to the next model, regardless of quality control issues. That 0ne year warranty is crucial.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
  4.    #4  
    So a Cingular one will work with T-mobile? Are all of them unlocked? Also, I'm from Boston too. Any places in town? Lastly, will a cingular unit work with the tmobile update?
    most are locked but easily unlocked with files you can get very easily on the net and it only takes about 10mins
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I got a Treo 600 used off ebay for $350 - was Cingular... it was in mint condition and had no problems with it so far (knock on wood)
  7.    #7  
    Hopefully I'll get lucky sooner or later. I wish tmobile would just sell me a new one for 500.
    my choice SPRINT PCS, because at&t doesnt even offer a unlimited sms plan, and if they do its like $29.99 a month VS. sprint $5.00, and also if your credit is not all that at&t will charge you $500.00 VS. sprint $125.00. i have both and i love t600 over mpx 200 or should i say the service.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Blak
    So a Cingular one will work with T-mobile? Are all of them unlocked? Also, I'm from Boston too. Any places in town? Lastly, will a cingular unit work with the tmobile update?
    Idk of any walk-in deals for SIM free Treo 600's in Boston... You may want to try Chinatown. If you are going to get a Treo try the brands in this order: T-Mobile (so if you have problems they can help ya), Cingular (they are unlocked), ATT (they can be unlocked with a patch).

Good luck! and once you do have one make sure you get insurace though t-mobile.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I had called T-Mobile upgrade department and the CSR said that I could get one for $499 and I don't even have to sign or extend my contract. Part of their phone upgrade program.

I would try that first.