1.    #1  
    Had the dreaded buzz sound....

P1 said no problem, we'll relplace.
    1st unit comes with a cracked screen
    2nd unit comes with the handspring logo on it.

Me thinks this is a refurb. Should I care?
    Dial ##786, scroll down bottom of page and you'll see it.
  3.    #3  
    From what screen?
    from the phone. That is cool by the way, what other shortcuts like this are available?
    Quote Originally Posted by hostage46
    Had the dreaded buzz sound....

P1 said no problem, we'll relplace.
    1st unit comes with a cracked screen
    2nd unit comes with the handspring logo on it.

Me thinks this is a refurb. Should I care?
    For the most part (I don't dare say all because someone will of course come along and argue with you about it)... the replacement Treos that you receive are refurbished. Because I am now on my 7th replacement, PalmOne has arranged for me to receive a brand new unit. They are doing this by placing a "no-charge" order at the Palm-One store. Of course it will take 3-4 weeks for me to get the unit, but they have told me that all of the hardware problems that I have had are being fixed in the newly produced line coming out of manufacturing.
    from phone screen. works on Sprint only AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
  7.    #7  
    Ya I have a GSM phone .....
    Quote Originally Posted by hostage46
    Ya I have a GSM phone .....
    #*786 for GSM
  9.    #9  
    OK,

OK that worked.

My software rev is Treo600-1.13-AWS on my "old phone"
    If you buy any technology product and return it you are likely to get a refurb. Only if you are a very early adopter and return in the first few weeks will you ever get a new unit. Once there is a stock of older internal parts to build refurbs, the recycling process begins and the new replacements are phased out. This is standard practice and IMHO we should be thankful it happens or our landfills would be full of considerably more high-tech waste polluting the world.