Thinkouside.com is having an enormous sale for Dads and Grads! Many of our top of the line foldable keyboards for PDA's and Smartphones are being sold at up to 50% off! Check out our sale, along with our brand new Bluetooth Keyboard at: www.thinkoutside.com
    and since this is a Treo 600 forum, why don't you link us to a keyboard that works perfect with the Treo 600 smartphone..
    here's the only 1 I saw that mentions the Treo: http://www.thinkoutside.com/products...ared-palm.html
    has anyone tried that IR keyboard yet? any good? i am looking for a portable keyboard for Treo600. I want to buy the one from palmone but it is just too expensive (which i do not really travel much as i used to be anymore).
    There is also the Palm Wireless Keyboard that works wonderfully with the Treo. Some may think the cost is pretty steep. It looks very similar to the one 'ThinkOutside' sells.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I received the wireless portable keyboard from ThinkOutside yesterday. After one day of use it has been great. Well worth the $49+6.00 shipping IMHO.
    I love the thinkoutside IR keyboard - I think it is the best external treo keyboard out there - a lot better than the one that palmone sells. (the one that connects directly to the treo... store.tc also sells it you know the one i mean). It is a really small and portable keyboard.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    since even the treocentral staff has used it and think it is the best keyboard for treo, i might try to get it for my bday
    How is the keyboard at keeping up with what you are typing? That's the biggest problem I have with the Treo keyboard, I sometimes have to wait to let it catch up.

Also, can you get a charging cable to fit in while you are using the keyboard, for those long, winded meetings?

Thanks,

Louis
    Think Outside's driver is the oldest, and most mature keyboard driver out there. I have a lot of praise for this company. So to answer your question - I have not had a problem with having to wait for hte keyboard to catch up to me. Howeve,r it all depends on your word processing software. Some applications may not be able to handle rapid input.

Because of the way the stand is set up, you cannot get the charging cable to fit in the Treo while typing.

One warning about the keyboard though: To save room they dropped the 5th row of keys (number keys). To use that row you have to press one of the function buttons. If you are heavy into numbers this may hurt the performance of the keyboard for you.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    do you know if any keyboards out there would allow the treo plugs into the charge while using the keyboard?
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    I have not had a problem with having to wait for hte keyboard to catch up to me. Howeve,r it all depends on your word processing software. Some applications may not be able to handle rapid input.

Because of the way the stand is set up, you cannot get the charging cable to fit in the Treo while typing.

One warning about the keyboard though: To save room they dropped the 5th row of keys (number keys). To use that row you have to press one of the function buttons. If you are heavy into numbers this may hurt the performance of the keyboard for you.
    Thanks Miradu. Have you used the keyboard with Docs to Go? (Specifically Word to go, with native MS Word files?) That's my biggest use. I'll have to take the number thing in consideration too. Not so much the numbers, but the shift charactors I'm used to using (!@#$%^&*).

Thanks again,

Louis
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I want the bluetooth keyboard in such a bad way. Guess its time to buck up and make my pledge for the Bluetooth drivers.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried the Belkin Keyboard to see if it works with the Treo 600?

Does anyone know if there is a screen rotate application that will work with the Treo 600 and if so will the Treo fit (rotated 90 degrees to the left) in the Stowaway IR keyboard with the power adapter attached.

Sorry if that last part is confusing.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Frydog

Treo 300 ----> Treo 600 ----> Treo 650 ----> Treo 700p ----> whats next???

www.lostorder.com (Gaming)
    www.big-hump.com (Hashing)
    Miradu, you say you got the portable wireless keyboard for $49, where did you find that price?

Also, how is the typing speed when dealing with Wordsmith or Docs to Go??

~CmdrGuard
    Thinkoutside.com was offering the portable wireless keyboards back around Father's day for $49. It looks like they are back up to $69. www.thinkoutside.com
    Since it uses the infrared port, how has battery life been with the Treo? Has there been any significant battery drain from constant infrared usage?

~CmdrGuard
    i wish i could get this keyboard for $49.99