1.    #1  
    I have a new 600 on Orange which has 3.04 firmware and 1.12 software. I want to change networks and enquire if anyone has yet found a way to unlock 3.04.

I know about going back to 2.12 GSM patched but this seems retrograde and am reluctant to go that route. Suspect Orange won't be very cooperative on unlock code.

Would appreciate any comments or help.

Brian
    i was wit orange for 6 or 12 mouth one or the other ( i have two t600's one for me and one for my 15 year old son) and they gave it to me for free
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by bjnuttall
    I have a new 600 on Orange which has 3.04 firmware and 1.12 software. I want to change networks and enquire if anyone has yet found a way to unlock 3.04.

I know about going back to 2.12 GSM patched but this seems retrograde and am reluctant to go that route. Suspect Orange won't be very cooperative on unlock code.

Would appreciate any comments or help.

Brian
    Normally, Orange will give you the unlock code... if you pay out the full term of your contract.

Personally, I think the whole 'lock' thing stinks, especially if you buy the phone outright, without a fixed term contract.
    www.gsmworld.com
    I suggest to check out this site www.gsmlocker.com.Hope they would be help you in unlocking the phone. i have tried this site myself. they are the best in unlocking feild.
  5.    #5  
    Hi Takethering10

Many thanks for - GSMlocker.com
    I have 3.04 firmware and 1.12 software now. Have you personally unlocked your treo 600 and can you tell me which firmware and software versions you started with and finally finished up with?

Was it on Orange UK?
    visit www.globalunlock.com/treo. We charge $49.99 and you will get full instructions on how to unlock your TREO 600. This is for version 2.12.

or email info@globalunlock.com
    BE CAREFUL T|C'ers...this could be a SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Global Unlock
    visit www.globalunlock.com/treo. We charge $49.99 and you will get full instructions on how to unlock your TREO 600. This is for version 2.12.

or email info@globalunlock.com
    Shame people are charging 49.99 for something which is actually free !

hmm... clever!
    www.gsmworld.com
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for all contributions and as I started the thread the following seems an appropriate.

Orange have agreed to unlock for £20 without any hassle. The contract under which the Treo was originally purchased is being continued by the original pruchaser. So Orange have the contract money and the purchase price. I have an Orange pay as you go card so they are happy to release.

Now I can use any Pay as You Go card anywhere worldwide - so I am happy!

However I await the unlock code but am assured it is coming.
    Will post here if not!!!

Hope this helps others.

Brian nuttall
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    http://mytreo.net has great and free instructions on how to do this. please don't patronize paid sites that are capitalizing on the work of Treo Central members and others. Anyone who offers the 2.12/3.04 method of unlocking for a fee is scamming you! All they did was read the intructions and do what you can do yourself. There will be a 3.04 patch soon as well I am sure.
    Mike
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  11.    #11  
    Thanks but please read my latest thread. Orange have agreed to unlock.
    Brian
    Checked out http://mytreo.net. All I understood was that ungrading the firmware to the lastest version would improve certain functions. Not too sure if it will also unlock my orange treo 600 for use with other sim cards. Could someone please clarify?
    Ian
    There is an unlock zip file available on the ever improving mytreo.net which works with any version of the 3.05 upgrade ... and it is free. Please dont waste your time and money waiting for Orange to unlock, it could be some time coming...
    Quote Originally Posted by takethering10
    I suggest to check out this site www.gsmlocker.com.Hope they would be help you in unlocking the phone. i have tried this site myself. they are the best in unlocking feild.
    Definetly gsmlocker is a big thief who stole other people's work without their permission.

He is not only a theif ,also his price seems astromics.
    most time he sells free software over 50 USD...

so what do you expect from this foolish guy who only knows to steal other people's work...