1.    #1  
    Hey all come and see www.mytreo.net, its a really great non-commercial site for the Treo user community. Come and join the action!

Treo specific downloads section
    Fully featured forums!!!
    Great treo user polls
    Treo news
    FAQs and support

PLUS - The whole site is designed for super fast browsing on your Treo!

PLUS - The forums come in 2 versions so you can view and post wherever you are, at your PC or directly from your Treo

PLUS - The entire site is run for Treo users, by Treo users!

Come along and check it out www.mtreo.net. You will be glad you did!
  2.    #2  
    Current user polls -

What would you like to see on the Treo 610?

Dont forget to join the message boards - you can do it all from your Treo browser!
    Is it policy here to allow people to advert other fledgling sites?

Also, why would someone want to regularly goto your site (and see under 20 posts) when you can see thousands of posts?

-WC-
    Quote Originally Posted by WildCard

Also, why would someone want to regularly goto your site (and see under 20 posts) when you can see thousands of posts?

-WC-
    Once upon a time TC (or VisorCentral if you prefer) had only under 20 posts, too. You have to start somewhere, haven't you?

mytreo.net is smelling a great opportunity to lure some TC members over. Can't blame him, given the current problems of the mobile forums here and the total lack of communication around any progress made with regards to getting those up & running again.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by WildCard

-WC-
    Thanks for your support WildCard The T|C police have removed a couple of my posts, but I dont see why, mytreo.net is a completely non-commerical site and doesnt offer any way of competition to these guys. It has advantages over TC in that its run by us, the users, and not by a company who's first priority must always be to make money.

I hope you drop by anyway, no doubt you'll enjoy leeching the software downloads even if you dont visit the forums
    Quote Originally Posted by greatnews
    Thanks for your support WildCard The T|C police have removed a couple of my posts, but I dont see why, mytreo.net is a completely non-commerical site and doesnt offer any way of competition to these guys. It has advantages over TC in that its run by us, the users, and not by a company who's first priority must always be to make money.

I hope you drop by anyway, no doubt you'll enjoy leeching the software downloads even if you dont visit the forums
    I hope you're not suggesting that TC is not run by us, nor that its primary goal is to make money. Keep in mind the TC store is relatively new. The forums are the mainstay here.
  7.    #7  
    TC is run by us? I dont know if I can agree with that at all, and Id be really surprised to learn if the owner of TC agrees that its primary purpose is not to make money To me it has always been a shop, with a really great forum.
    TC is run by us? I dont know if I can agree with that at all, and Id be really surprised to learn if the owner of TC agrees that its primary purpose is not to make money To me it has always been a shop, with a really great forum.
    Hmm... when did you start posting here then? Cuz if I remember correctly, the store wasn't even around a year ago. I could be wrong on that but I really never placed much importance on it. It's a pretty small store anyway, I doubt any site with a store that small could call it the "main" part of the site. The forums were far more important and have been drawing users for far longer (back to the visor days).
  9.    #9  
    Yes I only found TC after getting my first Treo late last year. So perhaps to me it has always seemed like a shop first, and forum second. The forum here is a great resource, mainly thanks to the superb user community. I cant say I ever visit the store, or anywhere else at TC so cant really comment on those.
    T/C has primarily been a great source for news articles about the Treo an awesome forum with plenty of information and inspiration. I've never questioned the motivations of this site or it's administrators. The only problem I continue to have is the lack of communication about a fix for the mobile discussion forum. It is for that reason that I am looking for an alternative for a Treo mobile forum venue. I think I've found it at the above mentioned source. I'll continue to look to T/C like a set of encyclopedias where I can do research but for an everyday mobile forum it's upward and onward for me.
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyfur
    Hmm... when did you start posting here then?

The forums were far more important and have been drawing users for far longer (back to the visor days).
    I've been posting since October 1999. I just got rid of my Visor in January - bought a Treo in March.

Sure, the forums were started since the Visor days - but a lot has changed. The tone and the managment for starters.
    I'm all for a little competition! Congratulations 'greatnews' on really nice looking and easy to use site. As for TC being interested in making a buck or two - what's wrong with that? Where would the web be without money crazed IPO chasing conflicted liberals in silicon valley?
    yeah, good luck big fella, very nicely designed site. There are some real sour pusses around here so don't take offence !!
    Nice site, good to have a little variety.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Its a shame there isnt a big site like PdaPhoneHome.com but popular as this one. That way when/if we switch devices we could just post to different forums on the same site instead of moving to a new one.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    It looks to be a well done site - competition provides a great motivator to me to try to be a better staff member of the site.

I can't fix the mobile board issues (though I did just encouarge marcus to get to work on them), but in June we will be relaunching the editorial side of the site with daily news and articles. And while we don't offer a centralized spot for treo downloads yet (why not? a fair amount of them were created here ), my current pet project will not only organize downloads, but help encourage even more developers to create apps. When I get enough code written for it I'll post some beta info to confirm interest.

In the mean time, visit the treocentral.com site forum for some threads about what specifically you want to see on TreoCentral... this summer/fall will be the biggest time yet for the Treo, trust me. (have you seen the rumors flying around?!)

And, last of all I am moving this thread to marketplace, but only because that is what we have done in the past with competing sites. Good Luck!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  17.    #17  
    And, last of all I am moving this thread to marketplace, but only because that is what we have done in the past with competing sites. Good Luck!
    How convenient. By reading your post I think my site has put the frighteners on you guys.
    ...mumble mumble MOBILE FORUM mumble mumble....
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    How convenient. By reading your post I think my site has put the frighteners on you guys.
    Your site's nice and new, but don't get cocky. Jeeeez.
    miradu comes on here, posts and compliments your site, and you follow up with that...
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>