1.    #1  
    Anyone out there have the originally-supplied cover that they're not using? Ice preferred, but graphite's okay, too. Willing to fork over a little cash, definitely enough to cover any postage.

TIA!

Email me at disuarre@geocities.com
    If you are talking about the snap cover,you can call Handspring and get one sent to you free of cost.
  3.    #3  
    Hmm. Thanks for the tip, but as a Canadian who's unimpressed by the inroads they've made here thus far, I'll still be on the lookout from VisorCentral users.
    I have an extra if you would like it. Please email me at nherman@bellsouth.net if you are interested....free of charge.

5.    #5  
    Thanks nikNga! I've emailed you my address.

Thanks also to all who responded.
    Originally posted by yardie:
    If you are talking about the snap cover,you can call Handspring and get one sent to you free of cost.
    What exactly would I say to get the extra snap cover? Mine hasn't broken, but should I say it has? Or will they just send me one anyway? Also, do they charge shipping or anything for the snap cover?

Thanks,

Phil

I am the person who got the replacement cover for our friend above. All I did was tell them that my cover had cracked. They did not charge me shipping and it should be here anyday now.
    PhillyPhil99:

Why would you want an extra cover if you don't NEED one?

Please do not abuse the system for future customers like myself who may need a replacement cover later. I wouldn't be surprise if Handspring is monitoring these boards.
  9.    #9  
    Why bother asking why if you've already decided that that PhillyPhil99 is abusing the system?

BTW nikHga, the money will be in the mail in a day or two. Promise.

[This message has been edited by VancouverCanuck (edited 07-05-2000).]
    PhillyPhil99:

Please do not abuse the system for future customers like myself who may need a replacement cover later. I wouldn't be surprise if Handspring is monitoring these boards.
    The reason why I am in need of an extra one is because I just bought an Incipio case for the Visor, in which the snap on cover is utilized to hold the Visor in place. Therefore, I will need another snap on cover so that when I have my Visor out of the case, I do not have to remove the cover from the case. I would be more than happy to buy an extra one, but Handspring does not offer that option. Therefore, I am not abusing the system. =)
    I did it for him because I think it's silly that he can't do it from Canada. If you own a Visor, you should be able to get the components that you need. If he was just goofing off, I wouldn't have. But he really needs one. If Handspring doesn't want us to abuse their system, than they need to reevaluate the needs of their customers both here in the states and abroad. Just one of the reasons I'm seriously considering going to the Palm.
    If Handspring doesn't want us to abuse their system, than they need to reevaluate the needs of their customers both here in the states and abroad. Just one of the reasons I'm seriously considering going to the Palm. [/B]
    Is our,U.S., government restricting sales in foreign countries?

[This message has been edited by Charo (edited 07-05-2000).]
    PhillyPhil99:

I ordered an extra myself today because I needed it. The damn things cost Handspring less than $.01 to produce -- if a customer feels they need an extra to protect their Visor in whatever way works for them to avoid possibly having Handspring replace their Visor, they should be grateful: shipping out a few hundred extra hard covers would do far less to jeopardize Handspring's future ability serve its customers than would their having to ship out untold numbers of replacement units for customers whose screens have been damaged.
    LeoJBramble:

I agree with some of what you have to say. But I still think only people who *really* needs it should order. If everyone order them just for the sake of ordering them, then people who *really* want one to protect their screens could be left in the dust (ie none available). These things are not limitless...and it does cost more than you .01 when you take postage and other things into account.
    LeoJBramble:

... But I still think only people who *really* needs it should order. If everyone order them just for the sake of ordering them.... These things are not limitless...and it does cost more than you .01 when you take postage and other things into account.
    Fair enough, but I really don't think there's any danger that a significant number of customers will call order these things without good reason... I just think even most idle people can come up with more creative ways to waste their time...