Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    PCS Vison service disabled because of Treo 600 use !!!

Anyone else had this problem? I have had my Treo since Saturday. I am on the unlimited vision plan and have had my Vision service turned off twice !!! After several hours on the phone I am back up and running.
    Do you mean that there is a causal link between use of the 600 and service interruption or that the service was unavailable twice during your usage?
  3.    #3  
    Service was disabled due to browsing the web. They asked me questions like if I was using it as a modem and what not. Surfed some 100 odd sites this past Sunday in order to see how they looked on the 600's screen.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    i have been using vision nonstop since this past friday the 17th when I activated my Treo 600. Vision has never given me a problem. I've been using it pretty heavily too.
    Unlimted my @55, Sprint is so lame.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Originally posted by jjennings
    Service was disabled due to browsing the web. They asked me questions like if I was using it as a modem and what not. Surfed some 100 odd sites this past Sunday in order to see how they looked on the 600's screen.
    Did Sprint call you for an explanation of your high vision traffic? Or did they just shut off your Vision access and wait for you to call them? I can't believe that they were able to react so fast to just a few days of heavy vision use!
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Originally posted by jjennings
    Please explain this some more. I don't understand. I have been surfing, using AIM, sending SMS, performing network hotsyncs, and using snapper mail nonstop since Friday and I haven't had a problem.

What did the tech folks say? There haven't been other reports of this and I think it's an isolated incident but I want to be prepared in case it happens to me.
  8.    #8  
    No phonecalls. Just an SMS notification that my service was disconnected. When I called, I had to repeat my story through several ranks of techs, who all said I had been doing to much "downloading" with my device !!!! Also, even though I am on an unlimited data plan, they told me I had managed to rack up $77.00 in PCS Data usage over the weekend !!!! After several hours on the phone, they wiped out the charges and reset my service. They also told me that they put some "notes" in my account in case this happens again.

I will keep all posted if I am disconnected again. I am one very frustrated new Sprint customer !!!!!!!!!!
    lol. Nice *unlimited* plan. haha

I will never go to sprint. 6 years ago when I considered them, I did some research and found their company to be very unstable.
  10. MrH
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih

I will never go to sprint. 6 years ago when I considered them, I did some research and found their company to be very unstable.
    LOL! After reading this I think that these carriers need to go and take an english course! Checking Telus Mobilities website (Canadian CDMA/1X Provider) for a data service and they say their 'Unlimited' data package @ $100 CDN/month has the following:

Unlimited**

** - TELUS Mobility reserves the right to limit usage to 100MB/month.

So how is this unlimited?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Gotta love the verbage these carriers seem to like to use.

Page it was on: http://www.telusmobility.com/on/busi..._aircard.shtml
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih

Good thing you found them unstable six years ago ... oh wait, they are still around...
    I love the line about putting "notes" in your account. I got the same line, but he wouldn't take the charges off. He said he was putting a note on my account so if I ever called in with a Vision billing problem, they would supposedly know I was trouble. I told the guy I think he is threating me and I spoke with the supervisor, who was pretty nice and wipe off the charges.

Oh, this wasn't on the Treo, it was on a Samsung picture phone...which i NEVER used as a modem.

I would switch to Tmobile in a nano second but my employee discounts are only with Sprint...and theyre very good...
    Haha, Sprint just blows. "Notes".....ooooohhhhh, scarey....what is this grade school? Are you gonna tell my mommy that I'm a problem child? Please. Don't make me reject your retention department.
    Notes in the account... HAHA now that's funny... We all know they don't read their own notes when you call back in anyway. What kind of threat is that?

Ha! Log all you want techies!!! Call logs can be subpoenaed in a law suit... I live for the day some tech says I surfed to many web pages on my Treo and he is not going to refund me the charges and going to log in my account that I am an abuser of the Unlimited data! Bring it on!
    jjennings,

hit ##786 then Dial... whats your "Life Data (kilobytes)"

mine says 14532... I don't know if this will tell us anything... I am not a very high traffic data user.

- Leo
    I just hate hearing stuff like this. I hope this doesn't start to become an issue for more people. I'll definitely raise some major hell if they try and accuse me of something like that. I understand they don't want someone abusing the service, but when honest people are accused without merit, that just makes me angry.
    Mine says 14971 and I activated on Friday, October 17th, 2003.
    21089 data used. Activated October 16th.
    Doug "Doberman" Hillman

If you can't be a good example then at least try to be a horrible reminder.
    Those would be extremely low data transfers if those numbers are in bytes. That's maybe the equivalent of launching one web page.
    33927kB, activated Oct. 15 or 16. If they're going to gripe about data usage, I highly recommend they patch Blazer so that it doesn't automatically start downloading the last page you were at *every time you start it*. Sure, there's a little "cancel" in the corner, but it usually manages to yank 100K or so before i can get the button pressed with my finger.

Blazer is apparently using around 100K every time it checks my Yahoo POP account, too. I only check once an hour, 10 hours a day, but that's a solid megabyte every day.

Why are the treo apps so data-wasteful? My sidekick was always-on, and I used it a hell of a lot more than i've used the treo so far, yet i was never at this level of per-day usage.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast