Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sorry, *SnapperMail* checks my mail, not Blazer. Typo.
    Activated on 13OCT03 and finally became fully Vision provisioned on the 15th. Since the I've put 46670 kbytes through the device playing and demoing to just about anyone. Now I suppose its a matter of waiting for the SMS message from Sprint. I wonder what dictionary Sprint's legal and marketing folks are using to define "unlimited".
    52914 Since Oct 9th

No SMS no Call

NO MODEM usage all on the T6
    The whole concept of shutting off service because it's used too much is the same lame attitude that almost torpedoed AOL when it went unlimited back in 96 - service levels dropped because they didn't understand that unlimited equaled unlimited.

Even to the point of using the Treo as a modem - where is the issue to them if it makes a customer happy - particularly where the customer will likely tell friends about what a great co Sprint is with unlimited data. That is one of things that has me on Sprint and using the Treo.

I used my Treo 300 extensively, including with PdaNet, at one point keeping a connection for 2 hrs and downloading about 4.5MB of pages, data, and email to a laptop. Never a warning, never a problem.

Since Oct 14 - Treo 600 has 25330 data used.
    25355 kb for me, activated 1 week ago. So, jjennings, what is your's at that they said was too much?
    15980 no problems. Vision did go down for about an hour over the weekend, but it popped right back up later w/o any problems.

I actually LOVE the notes.

I had a CSR put a note in my file to give me $100 off for one more year when I got my Treo 600. The CSR left a note in there for whomever gets my call to email her and she will handle everything.

I called 5 times trying to get someone to give me the upgrade deal...finally one saw the notes and emailed the CSR.

Two hours later, the CSR calls and gives me $100 credit to my account. provisions business connection and voice command, all for free. I guess it part of my package...2000 shared minuts plus unlimited N&W. Also gives me the SPring vision biz pack as well.

Needless to say, I'm a happy camper.

I've been with Tmobile, ATT and Verizon....all have inconsistent customer service. Plus, the unlimited Vision plan is still the best deal in the market.

I wouldn't worry about negative comments in the notes. They can be sued over that And supervisors and managers don't usually look too kindly on those types of notes either because it'll be their *** on the line for leaving them in there if a customer complains.

Just call back and have another CSR check the notes in the account to make sure that Vision shut off doesn't happen again.

Has anyone read the fine print on the Vision agreement? I'll have to look when I have time

Dizzy
    One way to stop Blazer from downloading the last page you visited is to change the setting. Have your bookmarks appear first and not a Blazer page..

iGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    I've been digging all over Blazer to find a way to disable it reloading the last page every time, no luck. My homepage is set to the standard sprint page (pretty low-bandwidth) but no matter what i do, blazer starts and reloads the last page i was looking at, despite what my homepage is set to.

I don't know how to set the bookmarks screen as the default-- even exiting Blazer with it active doesn't work. I *still* return to the last visited web page.

If you could give me specific instructions, that would be fantastic.
    Whenever I enter Blazer, I just hit the Stop key w/ my finger and then goto my favorites to get to the site I'm looking for. That's how I prevent Blazer from reloading the last site fully everytime. It takes about 1 second to hit that stop key

For those who don't see it, its the little circle w/ the x in the middle of it in the bottom left hand side of your screen. Yes, tucked away in the corner!

Dizzy
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Isn't the Treo 600 is *SUPPOSED* to be used as a wireless modem? Isn't that the service we're all paying for? I mean, I understand the difference but to me it all comes down to greed and I see no difference technologically, other than 'hey here's a service we already offer but if we throw in this bit of semantics we could have another excuse for charging additional fees!'. What does it matter if Sprint sends you a web page to look at on your Treo screen or they send it and you look at it on your computer screen through your Treo? You could also excessively use data through legitimate use of your Treo, even Blazer or Picturemail alone. But the service is advertised as unlimited. In my opinion using Pdanet or equivalent is a legitimate use as well. I don't even use it, why would I when I'm spoiled on a broadband connection, that would be painful. It's just the principal that gets me upset. Posted from my Treo 600 :-)
    i try to poke the button with my finger, but it usually doesn't register the tap until 3 or 4 tries. it even blinks like it's been poked, but nothing happens. Keep in mind that it doesn't take long. One second at the ~80kbps rate i usually see would be 10K, and it usually takes me several seconds to stop it.

I think somebody's gonna have to revoke my treo license. I have skinny fingers, but it's still damn hard to get that thing to register.

Works like a charm with the stylus, but I'm trying to avoid having to get it out every time i use the browser. is it possible my touchscreen is a little dead in the corner?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    guys.. check out: menu, Options, Preferences, Initial View
    Originally posted by raygundan
    I've been digging all over Blazer to find a way to disable it reloading the last page every time, no luck. My homepage is set to the standard sprint page (pretty low-bandwidth) but no matter what i do, blazer starts and reloads the last page i was looking at, despite what my homepage is set to.

I don't know how to set the bookmarks screen as the default-- even exiting Blazer with it active doesn't work. I *still* return to the last visited web page.

If you could give me specific instructions, that would be fantastic.
    while using blazer
    press menu key
    go to options
    preferences
    go down to initial view and go from the one square to the 8 little dashes and then ok

hope it helps
    andres
    In the words of a great man, Homer Simpson...

DOH!!

Thanks! That did the trick.

Dizzy
    oh yeah! great tip! thanks! saves me a bunch of time from that darn loading last page c**p.
    Originally posted by raygundan
    33927kB, activated Oct. 15 or 16. If they're going to gripe about data usage, I highly recommend they patch Blazer so that it doesn't automatically start downloading the last page you were at *every time you start it*. Sure, there's a little "cancel" in the corner, but it usually manages to yank 100K or so before i can get the button pressed with my finger.

Blazer is apparently using around 100K every time it checks my Yahoo POP account, too. I only check once an hour, 10 hours a day, but that's a solid megabyte every day.

Why are the treo apps so data-wasteful? My sidekick was always-on, and I used it a hell of a lot more than i've used the treo so far, yet i was never at this level of per-day usage.
    Don't click the "stop" icon with your finger. Click the space bar (which will highlight the "stop" icon) and click the center button.
    Originally posted by jjennings
    No phonecalls. Just an SMS notification that my service was disconnected. When I called, I had to repeat my story through several ranks of techs, who all said I had been doing to much "downloading" with my device !!!! Also, even though I am on an unlimited data plan, they told me I had managed to rack up $77.00 in PCS Data usage over the weekend !!!! After several hours on the phone, they wiped out the charges and reset my service. They also told me that they put some "notes" in my account in case this happens again.

I will keep all posted if I am disconnected again. I am one very frustrated new Sprint customer !!!!!!!!!!
    Notes in your account? Wow..you are on a real rampage...first the removing of those tags off you pillows that said "Do not remove under penalty of Law" and now using too many PCS Vision minutes...you are just a menace to society
    unlimited data being cut off because you are over your limit? Extra charges being added because you used their unlimited service too much?

Hmmmm.

I'm sure when the suit gets filed - TreoCentral will be the first place you will be able to get on the list.
    This has been discussed in other forums such as Treo 300. If you read your advantage agreement (AA) or terms of service (TOS), it specifically states that using vision services as your ISP is not in your contract people. Do a search for these terms and get educated. We can use any Sprint phone on vision all we want. They want to limit the abusers that use it as a modem because it takes up a lot of capacity on their network. People think "I don't need to get a dialup ISP, I have a vision modem phone which is faster." Those are the people Sprint is trying to discourage.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    A while back I questioned Handspring's decision to switch Blazer from proxy-based to non. At the time, someone actually said that Sprint specifically requested that the new Treo not go through HS' proxy server (or some such thing - I can't seem to find the thread). If the starter of this thread is legit and the info that was told to me in that old thread was accurate, it begs the question of whether they have a clue.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast