1.    #1  
    I just placed an order using the upgrade path . Received an e-mail confirmation for the order saying that the unit was on backorder. Call HS and waited for 30 minutes on the phone. Nice lady told me that they sold out their entire on-hand stock yesterday and that orders placed today on will not go out until early next week . I will continue to check my order status but she didn't make it sound like it will be a long wait.

Good to see HS is selling a bunch of them though, and this is just the CDMA market. Once they get the GSM issues resolved and get those units rolling looks like they have a winner (At least in the near term).
    Has anyone had their order ship from Handspring yet?

My order status has stated "awaiting shipment" since yesterday evening.

If they're sold out now, I'm wondering if I ordered in time--or if by using the web, it gets 2nd priority (no commission to be made). And I bought within an hour of going on sale (5:30pm yest) !
    Originally posted by TreoTheo

If they're sold out now, I'm wondering if I ordered in time--or if by using the web, it gets 2nd priority (no commission to be made). And I bought within an hour of going on sale (5:30pm yest) !
    I think a lot of people are in this boat.
    I too ordered when the web site was first available, and am awaiting shipping. We will see.

I think they should refund folks for overnight shipping if they don't have it in stock....I mean, the reason you want overnight is that you want it now (and pay accordingly).

If they do not ship today, for delivery tomorrow, then it's will be a change back to normal shipping...save the $6 for a headphone adapter.

If anyone should have this in stock it should be HS...this is such a low cost sales channel, they should want to pump out as many as possible. Did they really underestimate the demand, even though the buzz on the device was huge?

This is like Sony and their slick Vaios...they hot ones (which are priced 25% above market) are always sold out early, even though it's obvious that there is demand.

What these vendors should do it take a pre-order with a deposit to guarantee you will be the first to get it.
    I think you'd get a ton of takers, and then be able to gauge demand as well.
    Some Sprint stores have the unit. Has anyone been successful in negotiating the $599 vs $399 (for current Treo users) from Sprint?
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by TreoTheo

The lady told me that orders made yesterday should go out today, but the ones made this morning probably will not go out until early next week due to HS selling so many yesterday.
    Originally posted by mikec

I think they should refund folks for overnight shipping if they don't have it in stock....I mean, the reason you want overnight is that you want it now (and pay accordingly).

If they do not ship today, for delivery tomorrow, then it's will be a change back to normal shipping...save the $6 for a headphone adapter.

When I was ordering I was surprised when the screen with the shipping options listed 2-3 days for overnight. I understood when I got to the next screen. It's 1-2 days to process the order, then another day for shipping.

So even those of us that managed to order before they ran out probably with not see ours until Friday.
    I just called. Tyler was the sales rep, he said I was one of the first to order from HS, so I shouldn't have any problems with delays. The first batch will ship this evening. I told him I have overnight shipping, to which he replied that I should expect it tomorrow morning.

SD Card with MP3s and cool apps... check
    Backup folder without all known OS 5 incompatible apps (Xiino ) check
    When I was ordering I was surprised when the screen with the shipping options listed 2-3 days for overnight.
    I think most companies say this to cover themselves... but usually ship the next business day (unless backordered, of course). My guess is those that ordered Wednesday, will see their Treo on Friday. (anyway, that falls into the 2-3 day range - as quoted by HS)

- Leo
    So, are those units arriving today?

I am about to order mine from Handspring and return one to Sprint (what a mess). I have until a week from Monday to return my T600 to Sprint for a refund.

What are my odds of getting one from Handspring by late next week so I don't have a gap where I have no phone at all, or alternately, miss my Sprint return deadline?
    My unit is at my apartment, according to Fedex,.