1.    #1  
    I have been trying to order a Treo 600 for a couple of days now, but I will not order one unless Sprint gives me a rebate, or credit for $150 for extending my contract for two years. (My Contract runs out in a few days). The guy at Telesales was going to give me the discount, but said that his computer didn't have the 600, and he said that it is going in and out of their computer systems all the time. Can those of you who are existing Sprint customes that got a discount/rebate/anything list which phone number you used to get the discount?
  2.    #2  
    Telesales doesn't have it in their system. *2 says to go to the store to get the existing customer upgrade. Business has it but won't sell it to me with a rebate. Sprint needs to get its act together. I would rather have had it delayed a week to get the rollout right then to have to beg Sprint for a phone and rebate.
    see what i went through in this thread

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t37029/s.html

remember... the business one sells it and will not give you anything.
    consumer care (i don't know if it is the same as *2) will work with you depending on what you have even though you already order the phone.

good luck
    andres
    Not sure if this will help you but yesterday I actually recieved a call from Sprint's "customer loyalty department" because my contract is up on the 20th. The number is 1866-828-0078. After telling them about my T600 purchase I asked them about a service credit. They offered $75, which I refused and said I would call back.

My thinking is, the service credits that reduce the price of the phone really don't need to be done at the same time, especially with my contract about to expire. I hope to call up when the contract is a day or so from expiring and get a better deal. I could see this backfiring because each time I have asked someone about a credit, they have noted it in my profile. So they may see next time that I am just trying to get the best deal by repeatedly calling.

Adam
    Adam Mazza
    Originally posted by lnichols
    I have been trying to order a Treo 600 for a couple of days now, but I will not order one unless Sprint gives me a rebate, or credit for $150 for extending my contract for two years. (My Contract runs out in a few days). The guy at Telesales was going to give me the discount, but said that his computer didn't have the 600, and he said that it is going in and out of their computer systems all the time. Can those of you who are existing Sprint customes that got a discount/rebate/anything list which phone number you used to get the discount?
    I feel your pain. I'm in the same situation and I've had the same sad results -- Sprint is in a state of confusion over this phone.

In my estimation, there is basically no way for an existing Sprint customer to get this phone for under $500 at present (although I think I read of a few guys getting a good deal in one of these threads). I remember hearing that Sprint may come out with some better deals for existing customers next week. It's also been reported that the phone will be officially released next week, so I've decided to throw in the towel this week, and pick it up again next week.

If anyone figures out a way to get a $100 - $200 discount on this phone. Let us know! Thanks
    go.digital
    I'm going to wait a week or two until the rebate and technology issues are sorted out a bit more. I'm in no hurry.
    I just called the customer loyalty number above.

I've been a sprint customer since about '97, but do not have a vision plan.

I said I'm considering buying a new phone and want to know if I sign a long term contract, what deals I ca get. This would not require buying the phone from Sprint.

The helpful guy on the phone said I could get $100 credit on my naccount with a 2yr, and $50 credit on my account with a 1yr. Both would waive the cost of activating the new phone. I guess about $35.

I think this is pretty good. It allows me to buy my phone anywhere, and still get a discount.

The whole conversation was very quick, and very pleasant, despite the reports of calls to Sprint on this board.
  8.    #8  
    Well I called the customer loyalty number too. Talked to a very nice rep who could not give me answer right away. Said he understood that I was frustrated and that he is going to research my issue and give me a call this afternoon.

I may still try the retention number as some have suggested since they are responsible for giving out the deals to keep existing customers.

Seems like this should be a no brainer for sprint. At $450 they are probably still going to make money on the unit, and if I were to leave early they would get their $150 back.
    I did not mix this converstation with anything about the Treo600, nor trying to buy a phone, so I wasn't frustrated at all.

My call was just about me upgrading my service to vision, and signing a long term contract.

Promising only this, I was able to get $100 and free activation.
    I caller the local sprint business yesterday. They finally returned my call. they could get me a phone by monday or tuesday, but NO price breaks- she claimed no deals for existing customers.
    Igave up and will try locally at my sprint store and see what happens.

Irv
    I called Sprint directly and asked for a Treo 600 for less than the asking price on the website which at the time was 600-150 rebate. I finally got them down to $300 with $300 of all instant rebates. Just try to get a good CS rep and talk them into lowering the price. I just got my Treo600 about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Let me know how it turns out
    Best bet is to go to a Sprint store.
    The Toad