1.    #1  
    I talked to a couple of CSRs this morning in trying to purchase the Treo600. I was willing to extend my contract ( ends in Dec 03 ) two more years. Both of them kept saying that I could only get the discount if I went into the store to purchase the phone.

My account is in great standing ..never late on payments etc...

WHat determines wheather they can charge the account and send the phone?

IGo
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Hmmm.. That's strange.. They told me they were charging my account for it.. I've got the phone now so if they don't charge my account, that would be great..

I don't do anything special for my account. I'm on the $100 a month account and have never missed a payment. Other than that, no issues.

Josh
    Originally posted by JoshFink
    Hmmm.. That's strange.. They told me they were charging my account for it.. I've got the phone now so if they don't charge my account, that would be great..

I don't do anything special for my account. I'm on the $100 a month account and have never missed a payment. Other than that, no issues.

Josh
    They asked me if they should charge my account or charge to a CC. Since my bill ALWAYS gets messed up when anything new happens, I chose the AMX route. At least then if something happens, I can do a chargeback.
    BTW, I have a business account.
    Carl
    Originally posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    I talked to a couple of CSRs this morning in trying to purchase the Treo600. I was willing to extend my contract ( ends in Dec 03 ) two more years. Both of them kept saying that I could only get the discount if I went into the store to purchase the phone.

My account is in great standing ..never late on payments etc...

WHat determines wheather they can charge the account and send the phone?

IGo
    It's not just about never being late on a payment, but also when you opened your account, Sprint runs a credit report, this is also a factor.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  5.    #5  
    Understood....but I have had this account for 4 years...never a problem ordering anything else and chargeing it to my account....

IGo
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    This may not be it and also may be really obvious but...

When you order over the phone, they charge the full amount. With the phone comes a coupon for $150 off a 2 year extension or $100 off a 1 year extension.

When you call to switch your service over to the 600, AT THAT TIME you exercise your coupon and they will, I think, send you a check or credit your account.

Since you can do all of this - buying, switching, etc. at one time in the STORE, you are charged ONLY for the delta between the full price and the coupon you pick.
    susan dennis
    seattle, WA
    http://susandennis.com