Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Hi i just called telesales (1-888-253-1315), and ordered one a couple hours ago. However, I did not get a confirmation #, should I have gotten one?

Also, I see people were transferred to CS to get the 2 year extension/$150 discount/rebate. I was not transferred to CS, furthermore my Rep told me that it would be an Instant Rebate, basically my CC would be charged $450. I see here people are getting rebate forms in the shipment. Am I not with it?
    call back in an hour ask them what country your phone is then relative to where your phone is call back in a certain amount of time ask for a tracking number. for example....my phone is currently in India, I called found this out and got a tracking number. Obviously UPS hasn't picked it up yet its nearly 3 or 4 AM there, until UPN scans the code, it won't load into the UPS system so the tracking number they give you will be irrelevant until they scan it into their system.

[EDITED]

You can get a rebate if you order it through TeleSales? Please do tell.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    I don't think that you need to be transferred to CS to get your rebate. The rebate depends on whether or not you are an existing customer. For new customers, the rebate should be instant, so they will bill you for the $450 if you signed a 2 year contract. I didn't get a confirmation number yesterday when I called, but I was in shipping when I called in today, so you should be OK. Just make sure that you call back in to check that the order was completed.

LINC
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    thanks for quick response. I'll do that. Hey, but whats your phone doing in India?
    Well last time I was there the cost of production was wayyyy lower there than in the US...so I think they had it stored in ready in India because you can pay 3 yr olds 5 cents to make a hundred phones, so they have to send it to san fransisco and from san fransisco to me...ugh 4 or 5 days wait for me.

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Sprint Treo 600:

Yeah I understand the manufacturing/production benefits, but I was under the impression that they were already stateside, due to posts here that indicate overnight delivery for some. That 4-5 day wait must be painful. Sorry to hear.

Lincs56:

Thanks for the info, whats strange is the guy knew I was an existing customer, yet he basically said that i will get billed the $450. Hopefully that works out, rebate paperwork is annoying.

I'll call them back, thanks guys, for the assistance.
    I ordered mine yesterday and got the $150 instant rebate. My card was charged $475 (449 plus 6% State tax). Shipping and activation were waived. They gave me an order number that he said showed it was "picked" from the warehouse( I know this term having been in the warehousing, or wherehousing ans some persist in saying around here). They then gave me an UPS number and said it is shipping from Kentucky. Waiting for it to show up on UPS radar screen to confirm.
    I am an existing Sprint customer whose contract was up this past April. I got the $150.00 instant rebate and the 5% off the monthly bill, vision for $15 a month and I did add a phone line to my account. AND I DID NOT HAVE TO RENEW MY CONTRACT AT ALL. I confirmed this today with CS and they show the changes and the new line and new number but said it still shows I am not locked in to anything past last April. Maybe that's because I am going NO WHERE anytime soon since I have a CDMA phone that as far as I know will work only on Sprint! Besides, call me retarded but I like Sprint. (Former AT&t, and Nextel customer)

I do however have some other trickery up my sleeve that, when successful, I will post here so that others may take advantage of the info
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    speclcajun: hopefully I got that same instant rebate that you did. Do you know how fast the charge hit your card? I ordered 5-6 hours ago, and still nothing on my CC. On hold @ telesales right now, trying to see if they have a Tracking # for me.

thanks for the help!

Glenn
    lol lucky ba...treo 600 buyers, you get kentucky i get india where some 5 yr old kids probably made it and got paid 5 cents for it...grrr...this is gonna be the longest 3-5 days in my life...lets all take a moment of silence lol.

Originally posted by SprintTreo600
    lol lucky ba...treo 600 buyers, you get kentucky i get india where some 5 yr old kids probably made it and got paid 5 cents for it...grrr...this is gonna be the longest 3-5 days in my life...lets all take a moment of silence lol.
    The treo's are all assembled in Mexico. How do you come up with India?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone