Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    I am on the phone with Sprint right now, and they have no idea how to activate the Treo 600. They have checked with the PCS Vision people, wireless web people, know one at Sprint seems to know.

    Anyone have any ideas? Has anyone else gotten it activated.
  2. #2  
    Another one of every1's greatest fears. Since Sprint hasn't "officially released" the phone, the activation instructions prolly aren't in there. Maybe u can go by the Treo 300 instructions?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  3. #3  
    Treo 300 instructions will most likely work.
  4. #4  
    Same problem, on the phone for an hour. Finally suggested Treo 300 activation which we did and it said activation was successful. Rep said must turn off phone and wait 2 hours. So I'm waiting.
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by JD007
    Same problem, on the phone for an hour. Finally suggested Treo 300 activation which we did and it said activation was successful. Rep said must turn off phone and wait 2 hours. So I'm waiting.
    Dunno about that....the phone has to be on in order for Vision to provision. Voice should start working immediately.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  6. #6  
    I am new to sprint. How do I activate?
    Pocket Addict

    Clie UX50/Ti68/Nextel BB 6510/Treo600/SE T637/Audiovox 5600/HP 4700/Audiovox PPC 6601
  7. #7  
    That's what she said. Anyway I checked and voice is working. The 600 is now provisioning
  8. mattmcg's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #8  
    So quick question for you now that you have one. Does the LED blink when you receive a voicemail? Does it support multiple colors for service, voicemail, and text messaging?
  9. #9  
    Also new to Sprint. Just got my 600 and it's charging as I type.

    I recall that I was told when I ordered yesterday that the phone would come activated. Is that not true?? I have to call, etc??

    Thanks.
  10. #10  
    if you opened a new line of service with sprint then it comes "activated" I wouldn't say activated but more of enable to work after it is truely activated....i.e. provisioning etc. they mean you will be able to use sprint....correct me if i am wrong.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

    I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by SprintTreo600
    if you opened a new line of service with sprint then it comes "activated" I wouldn't say activated but more of enable to work after it is truely activated....i.e. provisioning etc. they mean you will be able to use sprint....correct me if i am wrong.
    Thanks. Now, what is "provisioning"? You're all very, very helpful.
  12. #12  
    Provisioning is activating it on the data network...vision.
    Charles

    Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
  13.    #13  
    Unfortunately ... The Treo 600 I received today appears to be defective. The radio will not turn on. I get the Sprint screen with welcome at the bottom for about 20 seconds, then the device resets in Wireless Mode Off.

    The radio turned on when I first got it, but after that it will not turn on at all. I have tried both soft resets, hard resets, and calling tech support (they have no clue).

    So I guess it will have to go back for a replacement ... figures.

    I hope this is not a sign of things to come.
  14. #14  
    Originally posted by rventuri
    Unfortunately ... The Treo 600 I received today appears to be defective. The radio will not turn on. I get the Sprint screen with welcome at the bottom for about 20 seconds, then the device resets in Wireless Mode Off.

    The radio turned on when I first got it, but after that it will not turn on at all. I have tried both soft resets, hard resets, and calling tech support (they have no clue).

    So I guess it will have to go back for a replacement ... figures.

    I hope this is not a sign of things to come.
    This post set off all sorts of internal alarms in my head. Especially after the rumor that Orange has recalled the stock from shops last minute.

    Maybe I am going to be more patient than I thought I'd be.

    Of course, the minute I can buy it from the HS site I will have all forgotten about this.
  15. #15  
    Originally posted by MHR


    Thanks. Now, what is "provisioning"? You're all very, very helpful.
    My phone is all done. I never called anyone. I was messing around with it and it let me know that it wanted to provision itself. Took about 5 min. Back to playing.
  16. #16  
    For those that have activated the phone, what did they ask you to type in the phone itself?

    They just wanted me to enter my phone number in the phone number field and my phone number again in the MSID field.

    It's been about 30 minutes and it's still not active.. Should I worry?

    Thanks

    Josh
  17. #17  
    Originally posted by rventuri
    Unfortunately ... The Treo 600 I received today appears to be defective. The radio will not turn on. I get the Sprint screen with welcome at the bottom for about 20 seconds, then the device resets in Wireless Mode Off.

    The radio turned on when I first got it, but after that it will not turn on at all. I have tried both soft resets, hard resets, and calling tech support (they have no clue).

    So I guess it will have to go back for a replacement ... figures.

    I hope this is not a sign of things to come.
    I know this is probably a dumb question ... did you charge your phone completely before your turned it on?

    Sometimes, in all of our excitement, we forget the basics.

    Did the same with my 300 when I got it. Called Sprint ... they asked, did you charge it first? Boy did I feel stupid! They must have had a good laugh when I hung up!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  18. #18  
    Originally posted by JoshFink
    For those that have activated the phone, what did they ask you to type in the phone itself?

    They just wanted me to enter my phone number in the phone number field and my phone number again in the MSID field.

    It's been about 30 minutes and it's still not active.. Should I worry?

    Thanks

    Josh
    I needed to enter ##nnnnnn (n=number) then hit the call button, then you enter the phone number in the two fields. The Sprint rep will tell you the six digit number to enter after the 2 # symbolys.
  19. #19  
    Originally posted by rventuri
    Unfortunately ... The Treo 600 I received today appears to be defective. The radio will not turn on. I get the Sprint screen with welcome at the bottom for about 20 seconds, then the device resets in Wireless Mode Off.

    The radio turned on when I first got it, but after that it will not turn on at all. I have tried both soft resets, hard resets, and calling tech support (they have no clue).

    So I guess it will have to go back for a replacement ... figures.

    I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

    not activated on sprints network, programming error...walk into sprint and have them reprogram it.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

    I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  20. #20  
    Originally posted by JD007


    I needed to enter ##nnnnnn (n=number) then hit the call button, then you enter the phone number in the two fields. The Sprint rep will tell you the six digit number to enter after the 2 # symbolys.
    Actually, that's what he did.. Sorry I forgot to mention that..

    Put in ## and then numbers.. Hit ENTER and then entered my phone number in the two fields..

    how long did it take for you to get activated?

    Josh
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions