Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    You got my hopes up, I thought there were some Go's for sale!
    Looks like there ARE!
    Good Luck!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    If only someone could find me the white one(s), heard there was a 32 and a 64 out there somewhere in tomorrowland. If there's more than those left, if even one, I'd be surprised ....
    and I wonder.... Aside the white shell, what would be the difference inside? I mean compared to the evt models with 32 and 64 gb.

ps

has anyone experimented with the mpci slot used by the 3g card? I mean... There are not only SSD, but also adapters with 2 microSD slots
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    and I wonder.... Aside the white shell, what would be the difference inside? I mean compared to the evt models with 32 and 64 gb.

ps

has anyone experimented with the mpci slot used by the 3g card? I mean... There are not only SSD, but also adapters with 2 microSD slots
    I haven't tried this but it might work.

Some of the WiFi models have a GPS module in the same slot, so it seems to be a multi-purpose MPCI slot
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Ya, a white go, 64Gb with NFC, and a mc7700 tucked nicely in that MPCI slot. Better than any wet dream .....

wake up time, dreams over, at least no mess to clean up after this one

Mods and censors beware, I'm back!!!!!!
    ok, lucky for you only every now and then ... hehehehehe

Edit: how could I forget: Running CM12, ... or ... 11, ... or ... 10, or OMG even 9 would be fine too!.

TTB
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 06/05/2015 at 10:45 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Ya, a white go, 64Gb with NFC, and a mc7700 tucked nicely in that MPCI slot. Better than any wet dream .....

wake up time, dreams over, at least no mess to clean up after this one

Mods and censors beware, I'm back!!!!!!
    ok, lucky for you only every now and then ... hehehehehe

Edit: how could I forget: Running CM12, ... or ... 11, ... or ... 10, or OMG even 9 would be fine too!.

TTB
    Welcome back!

Considering some of the stuff you had in the past, I figured you had one of any WebOS device there was.
    I wish there were white Pre3's around, not just that single one on eBay all those years ago
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I wish there were white Pre3's around, not just that single one on eBay all those years ago
    I really thought there would have been more of a dump of remaining WebOS hardware after HP pulled the plug. I guess the rumors of a large lot of white 64GB Touchpad's and pre 3's were just that. Or - and I shudder to think of this - that they were all scrapped.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    I really thought there would have been more of a dump of remaining WebOS hardware after HP pulled the plug. I guess the rumors of a large lot of white 64GB Touchpad's and pre 3's were just that. Or - and I shudder to think of this - that they were all scrapped.
    Hhmm.. considering the apparent lunatic state of Leo Apothecalype's head-space at the time, it would not surprise me in the least had all the 'White Goods' actually been the first to get deliberately scrapped!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    well, the white tp was a 64gb variant of the black 64gb... but I never understood what were the specs of the white pre3
    well, the white tp was a 64gb variant of the black 64gb... but I never understood what were the specs of the white pre3
    Just to make them look more 'Apple-like' I reckon!!

lol, hope it was not just that.

btw, going back on topic, sort of... The only Go with onboard gps AND modem are the ones upgraded with a Sierra card ? Or are there different revision of the Ericsson card, with and without the gps ?
    Doesn't the Ericsson have GPS as well?

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Doesn't the Ericsson have GPS as well?

Assumed not, or maybe there's some trick. I got no satellite fix and the diag test tries forever
    Assumed not, or maybe there's some trick. I got no satellite fix and the diag test tries forever
    The Ericsson should have GPS.. yes.
    You got 'Location Services' turned on OK?
    There is also a 'GPS Toggle' App which may be useful.
    - And perhaps the Antenna would appreciate an extension as 'Leman' here did?

Attached Images Attached Images

yes, the location services are turned on, and the os is 3.0.5 (not +)
    small note : no sim present... dunno if that could make any difference
    small note 2 : no idea of fw version of the modem/gps
    small note 3 : tts has never worked aside 3 times very briefly and only partially (notification only on the go, nothing on the pre3. could also be the pre3 having a problem, hard to say without having other units to test with)

Ps
    Interesting antenna extension, reminds me when I added the bt antenna in my Thinkpad. Somewhere I may even have a 2nd spare antenna but my question is... doesn't mess with the coil connectors ?
    Last edited by mazzinia; 06/08/2015 at 02:01 PM.
    But... just one thing... Can you say if there is Touchpad Go with Sim Card slot + MicroSD slot, too?

And if there is some chance to upgrade to LTE?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    But... just one thing... Can you say if there is Touchpad Go with Sim Card slot + MicroSD slot, too?

And if there is some chance to upgrade to LTE?

Best Regards...
    You can put a Sierra MC77x0 (7700 for US GSM and 7710 for EU/ROW GSM with my patch). Gives a lot better speed for me :-) Problem is Sierra MC7710 is quite expensive. MC7700 has a more reasonable price ;-)

yep, around 40usd for the 7700, and around 120/150 for the 7710.

There are rebranded 77x0 from lenovo and others (notebooks), and maybe would be slightly cheaper to find them (given they are advertized based on a different fru). Read that one 7710 has an internal sim slot, is that true in general or there are different revisions ?

Who knows, maybe some cheap router has inside those sierra cards.

Moreover I think remembering Herrie mentioning that there are more obscure cards mentioned in the driver bowels (huawei etc), so maybe a good digging could provide more options ?
    yep, around 40usd for the 7700, and around 120/150 for the 7710.

There are rebranded 77x0 from lenovo and others (notebooks), and maybe would be slightly cheaper to find them (given they are advertized based on a different fru). Read that one 7710 has an internal sim slot, is that true in general or there are different revisions ?

Who knows, maybe some cheap router has inside those sierra cards.

Moreover I think remembering Herrie mentioning that there are more obscure cards mentioned in the driver bowels (huawei etc), so maybe a good digging could provide more options ?
    You need a specific 7700/7710 for the TP 4G/Go, Sierra cards are sold in 2 modes, DirectIP and another. I don't recall which one was required. The other cards are no proper 4G ones, only 3G/HSDPA+

Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    You need a specific 7700/7710 for the TP 4G/Go, Sierra cards are sold in 2 modes, DirectIP and another. I don't recall which one was required. The other cards are no proper 4G ones, only 3G/HSDPA+

'QMI' is the other mode.
    'DirectIP' is the mode required for 4G & Go TP's.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast