Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The HP Touchstone 2 dock, hopefully someone has one
    Less than $40, As long as it works completely, it could be missing the outer shell of it, and I would still take it.
    Payment via PayPal, PM if you've got one
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    The HP Touchstone 2 dock, hopefully someone has one
    Less than $40, As long as it works completely, it could be missing the outer shell of it, and I would still take it.
    Payment via PayPal, PM if you've got one
    that would be some find. good luck.

but i have a question. supposed you found one, can't the case be duplicated with a 3-d printer, and isn't it big enough to house something you could duplicate using a TS1 and some RadioShak parts? i'm not talking retail the things, but just whip a few up.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    that would be some find. good luck.

but i have a question. supposed you found one, can't the case be duplicated with a 3-d printer, and isn't it big enough to house something you could duplicate using a TS1 and some RadioShak parts? i'm not talking retail the things, but just whip a few up.
    Great idea! Am I right in thinking that a TS2 is basically a TS1 with Bluetooth and an audio out socket?

Actually, didn't I see someone try this? Hmmmm...

Quick search:
    Custom Touchstones
    Touchstone Audio Dock
    Touchstone Surgery

EDIT: Oh yeah, that's it! Posted below...
    Last edited by Preemptive; 07/02/2014 at 06:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Great idea! Am I right in thinking that a TS2 is basically a TS1 with Bluetooth and an audio out socket?

Actually, didn't I see someone try this? Hmmmm...

Quick search:
    Custom Touchstones
    Touchstone Audio Dock
    Touchstone Surgery

I am not sure if this is what you refer to, but I really enjoyed building this Touchstone '1.5' from a Palm 'puck' and a cheap proprietry BT Audio transmitter here:

Shout out to Derek Kessler!

It woked great with Pre3 & Veer on 2.2.4 ~ in fact it still does!
    The 'real' TS2 does seem to charge a little faster then the 'puck' though.. and the form-curvatures seem to match better, resulting in noticably stronger magnetic attachment.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    ... Oh.. and here too::

HP Touchstone 2 available

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I am not sure if this is what you refer to, but I really enjoyed building this Touchstone '1.5' from a Palm 'puck' and a cheap proprietry BT Audio transmitter here:

Shout out to Derek Kessler!

It woked great with Pre3 & Veer on 2.2.4 ~ in fact it still does!
    The 'real' TS2 does seem to charge a little faster then the 'puck' though.. and the form-curvatures seem to match better, resulting in noticably stronger magnetic attachment.

I never saw that post - amazing work!
  7.    #7  
    Wow, the 1.5 looks steam punk almost
  8.    #8  
    But again, official would be best, and I'm also hoping doing something like this will bring more rare HP/Palm devices to come out of the wood work.
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Wow, the 1.5 looks steam punk almost
    Hehe! Yeah.. a kind of 'Retro' feel to the overall look! It reminded me of those 60's microphones!
    A few hours + existing parts = not many $'s.

However, I did also end up getting an 'official' version ~ for the price of the postage, which was pleasantly miraculous!

Good luck with the mission anyway.

10.    #10  
    Hehe! Yeah.. a kind of 'Retro' feel to the overall look! It reminded me of those 60's microphones!

However, I did also end up getting an 'official' version ~ for the price of the postage, which was pleasantly miraculous!

Oh you lucky dog

"-Me wants too!"

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Said it before, but I'll say it again - a few of us here were part of the beta team for the Touchstone 2 and had them months before their release. I'm STILL torked they made us send them back! Grrrrrrr
    I've said this before too ~ "Why DID you hand them back!!"

@ 'broncot' above: "Grab it!"

@ 'broncot' above: "Grab it!"

I'm watching it.....

My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I'm watching it.....

OK.. you have a tense 4 days ahead of you from now then!

And Good Luck!

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I am actually the one selling it...good luck to you

Actually was going to put a link to that and the Touchpad I listed, but some odd reason I can't create Threads in the marketplace :/
    Quote Originally Posted by -dunn View Post

Actually was going to put a link to that and the Touchpad I listed, but some odd reason I can't create Threads in the marketplace :/
    You need to review the Marketplace rules (explained in there) Besides, we don't allow posting eBay links to advertise personal sales. Yeah... I know....
    Quote Originally Posted by -dunn View Post

Where did you get the Touchstone 2?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I bought the HP Pre 3 brand new in box and it came bundled with the Touchstone 2... person selling it claimed to have worked at HP.

And I should have been more clear, before I listed it on eBay I was going to post it here...apparently I missed something in the Market Place rules.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast