Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -dunn View Post
    I bought the HP Pre 3 brand new in box and it came bundled with the Touchstone 2... person selling it claimed to have worked at HP.

And I should have been more clear, before I listed it on eBay I was going to post it here...apparently I missed something in the Market Place rules.
    Nice story! I got outbid, but I'm still watching it.

I could use a spare Pre3 and don't really NEED a Touchstone 2, but like a TouchPad Go, it would be really cool to have!

And a Foleo too....

My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post

I could use a spare Pre3 and don't really NEED a Touchstone 2, but like a TouchPad Go, it would be really cool to have!

And a Foleo too....

Phew.. that's the full 'collection' isn't it?
    And how much of this stuff do we really NEED anyway!

I guess it's hard to know whether this 'obsolete' hardware is actually going to go down in price ~ or even UP, as time passes by ~ I guess it's a case of supply & demand?

But I was lucky with a TS2 from an ex-HP employee too.. so there is always good hope.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    If ya'all think that's crazy, I've got a third kind of touchstone. :-)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    You mean 4th kind right? I count the Touchpad one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    You mean 4th kind right? I count the Touchpad one too.
    Yes, if you count the Touchpad one, then I have 4 distinctly different Touchstones, although two of them are different only in looks, from each other, as far as I can tell.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Yes, if you count the Touchpad one, then I have 4 distinctly different Touchstones, although two of them are different only in looks, from each other, as far as I can tell.
    Pictures??
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    well, ok.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    well, ok.
    The shorter one looks like an earlier Touchstone 1? I take it you picked it up from a pile at work?
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.

And a Foleo too....

There's a Foleo on eBay.

EDIT: Never mind. The auction must have ended. :/

EDIT2: Nope, it is there! Search "palm foleo"
    Last edited by dkirker; 11/10/2014 at 02:35 AM.
    Did you know:

Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    The shorter one looks like an earlier Touchstone 1? I take it you picked it up from a pile at work?
    Yeah, no one seems to remember exactly what the story was with those. If they were a beta for the original TS or something that just never went as far as production back in the Pre+ or Pre2 timeframe.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Yeah, no one seems to remember exactly what the story was with those. If they were a beta for the original TS or something that just never went as far as production back in the Pre+ or Pre2 timeframe.

But I guess N0.3's inductive charging coils (&magnets?) are the same as those in No.1?
    Didi you peep inside yet?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Does it work?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    But I guess N0.3's inductive charging coils (&magnets?) are the same as those in No.1?
    Didi you peep inside yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Does it work?
    It works. Something about the shorter one makes me feel like it was a prototype of something that would've followed the original, it just looks/feels like it's design is newer. Someone may have had a specific purpose for it in mind, possibly, it holds a phone at a decidedly different angle than the touchstones we all know.

I imagine it's largely the same as a regular one inside. I don't know how to open a Touchstone, though. If someone points me to directions i can have a look.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    It works. Something about the shorter one makes me feel like it was a prototype of something that would've followed the original, it just looks/feels like it's design is newer. Someone may have had a specific purpose for it in mind, possibly, it holds a phone at a decidedly different angle than the touchstones we all know.

I imagine it's largely the same as a regular one inside. I don't know how to open a Touchstone, though. If someone points me to directions i can have a look.
    I believe their are screws under the gecko feet. I know that there were going to be car accessories, and such. I don't really know Manu Chatterjee all that well, but he would definitely know more. What is written on the bottom where the copyright and FCC ID would be?
    Did you know:

15.    #35  
    Maybe that TouchStone was meant for one of the longer devices like the windsor, but cost less than the TS2
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Does it even have gecko sticky on the bottom? Or could it be meant to work with a second plastic piece that allowed car mount or wall mount, etc.

I can't imagine why it would face a phone straight up. Very cool to see another secret product though! Thx!!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    It looks very much like a QI charger, so not really surprising, but the angle is definitely less than ideal for anything but just charging.
    Wow, that auction ended at $460 for the Touchstone 2 and Verizon Pre3!?!
    Too rich for my blood. I'm mad at myself for missing a Preł that ended at just over $100.
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Wow, that auction ended at $460 for the Touchstone 2 and Verizon Pre3!?!
    That's still less than what I collectively paid for my Pre3 and TS2 in 2011 and 2013, respectively.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast