Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    [not sure if this is the right forum..]

Hello -

I've been a WebOS user since 2009 and finally decided to jump ship to a Galaxy Note 3 at the end of last year. I've adapted well to it I think.

Anyway I have a few WebOS phones I would like to give away no strings attached to someone(s) who can make better use of them than I can.

All are GSM.
    • HP Pre3 - UK Edition - has had minimal usage
    • HP Pre3 - FR edition - has had minimal usage
    • HP Pre2 - has had even less usage
    • HP Veer - has had minimal usage

The first three phones cost me roughly $1,800 when I bought them new right after HP killed the hardware.. I can't bare to see how much they are worth now so figure better to just give them away. The veer was "free" when I moved from Sprint to ATT with the Pre3.

Also I'll toss in some touchstone pucks and perhaps some Palm AC chargers too (I like the Palm USB cables so likely will keep those). I have 3 touchpads and a AT&T Pre3 that I am keeping.

I don't know if anyone will be interested, but I would prefer they go to someone who is making software for them or something before I give them away to general users. I'll give preference to folks that have that developer tag next to their user id.. or if people vouch for people or whatever.

I'll be doing a full/secure erase on the devices before I ship em just in case.

If there is an web OS organization (webos internals ?? something like that) that could benefit then I could send one/more/all devices to them, just point me in the right direction.

I don't follow this forum closely but will check back periodically to see what the response is.

All I'll need from those I send these to is a name and an address to ship to. Oh and I am limiting this to folks in the U.S. for shipping simplicity's sake.
    Wow that's really generous of you!
    I'd love to have that Veer. It's the only device type I don't have to test on.
    webos ports might also be able to use, i don't know @webosports on twitter
    Thanks for the generous offer! I'm sure you will find a happy developer!

(to proper forum)
    I would love to have the french one to give to my french teacher who is still using her iPhone 3G. Not the 3GS the 3G
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I would love to have the french one to give to my french teacher who is still using her iPhone 3G. Not the 3GS the 3G
    But neither of us are developers
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    If one could ♥ posts in marketplace I would have ♥ed the 1st post.

I'd give another ♥ if Matt got the Veer. He's been doing a lot for webOS users lately and I'm sure him having a Veer to test stuff on would benefit a lot of us remaining webOS users.
    I'm a little developer . I'd love to have that Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post

I'd give another ♥ if Matt got the Veer. He's been doing a lot for webOS users lately and I'm sure him having a Veer to test stuff on would benefit a lot of us remaining webOS users.
    +1
    Reasons:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3413122
    NEW in Box Pre3 - Last years app catalog certificate failing - URGENT Help please!
    The Weather Channel App not working?
    If someone wants a BNIB White Veer (for developing or daily use), I'd trade for the UK Pre 3.... But I'm not a developer, just a die hard Palm user. I don't need any of the chargers or stones.
    I have a Touchpad, 2 Pre-'s and 4 Veers. Only use the TP and 2 Veers. Would love a Pre3 though if it would work here.
    And I would pay actual shipping to Canada. USPS ships here as easily as to any destination in the US.
    Just asking??
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    If someone wants a BNIB White Veer (for developing or daily use), I'd trade for the UK Pre 3.... But I'm not a developer, just a die hard Palm user. I don't need any of the chargers or stones.
    I have a Touchpad, 2 Pre-'s and 4 Veers. Only use the TP and 2 Veers. Would love a Pre3 though if it would work here.
    And I would pay actual shipping to Canada. USPS ships here as easily as to any destination in the US.
    Just asking??
    Nothing to trade but glad to see another die hard
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/06/2014 at 06:59 AM.
    I've got 1 Pre 2, 1 Veer, and 4 Pre 3's that are all broken and unusable. If you end up with something left over, I'd be happy to take one off your hands. I discovered that they were all broken when I tried to move my gf from the Pre 2 to one of the others.. can't get any of them except the Pre 3 that has the shattered display, to operate properly.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  13.    #13  
    Sorry for the late reply I have been pretty busy recently.

I'll review the comments and send you folks some private messages.

UPDATE - I've sent private messages to two of the developers above, will wait to see if they email me, assuming they do then I'll have one Pre3 left to donate to someone (not sure if it will be the UK or FR version depending on which one is taken).
    Last edited by natepre509; 02/20/2014 at 09:49 PM.
    je parle francais , so either UK or French version would work for me. :-)
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    In the unlikely and unfortunate case that developers won't be interested or tracks914 gets abducted by Martians, I'd be more than grateful to replace my crumbling pre+

(full disclaimer: not a developer, unfortunately, just a Palm fan)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post

Definitely thirded! There are others around not speaking up I'd say the same about.
    So here's that other ♥ because I heard Matt did indeed get the Veer. Thanks for helping keep webOS alive even when you left the platform.
    I've been trying to post a thanks in this thread, but unfortunately it's one of the threads that kills my session in Forums. So I am posting from Tapatalk.. Thanks again Nate.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    i'd love the UK pre3, still love developing for webOS, but have no device.
    Law Student, SEO Worker, PRE OBSESSED
    Sprint Pre
    We will be very grateful users who are not developers. A veer to matt. He brings a lot to veer users. A touchpad grabber 5.0 to make test and retrieve applications that do not work. A NIN_ru. A pre 2 to do more testing and porting Android to be finally a pre2 and pre3 for me that I have no money to buy one. Greetings from mexico

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2

Pd. For you great benefactor remains a pre 3 and follow the forum that wonderful things are happening
    Last edited by joshua764; 03/07/2014 at 06:16 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast