1.    #1  
    I've just transferred everything to my 'backup' Pre3 as my 2 year old one has finally started being very temperamental.

Because of this I now have an extremely well-used and not-100% Pre3 that I have no use for.

I figured someone here could find a use for it, perhaps a developer or someone in need of parts? Here are the things wrong with it:

• Power seems to discharge very quickly (half a day max use)
    • On the touchstone, only seems to reach about 65% and stops.
    • Gets very warm (~50 degrees on the charger)
    • Keyboard regularly doubles up characters.
    • Back cover is damaged around USB connector and missing chrome badge

I've tried doctoring, different battery, UberKernel, different settings and patches, but none of these helped with the first 3 points above - I have a feeling the hardware for the battery circuit is faulty.

I'll supply it with its original box, but no battery, charger or cable (as I can use those).
    I'll send it to whoever seems the most worthy - preferably a developer so we can see maybe a few last Pre3 optimisations to apps (wishful thinking...?).

*All I ask is for adequate postage/packing costs. PayPal would be preferable - I can supply my details to whoever ends up getting it.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    @checkmate,

Can you hold onto it till tomorrow? I've developed a fix for the keyboard issue and will post that as an ipk (need to deploy multiple patches). I was hoping you could test the fix on your Pre3 before it goes out in the mail
    Never detailed what type of Pre3, WR 8 G or WR 16G, AT&T, or Verizon?

(to proper forum)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    I've just transferred everything to my 'backup' Pre3 as my 2 year old one has finally started being very temperamental.

Because of this I now have an extremely well-used and not-100% Pre3 that I have no use for.

I figured someone here could find a use for it, perhaps a developer or someone in need of parts? Here are the things wrong with it:

I need a camera. PM'd you.
    Last edited by johncc; 07/17/2013 at 12:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I need a camera. PM's you.
    broncot has a camera for you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    broncot has a camera for you...
    I need the screen. I will swap it and send the rest to another person. My screen has a small crack in one corner, fully usable, fully visible.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    It's a UK GSM 8GB.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by andresigno View Post
    I need the screen. I will swap it and send the rest to another person. My screen has a small crack in one corner, fully usable, fully visible.
    There are a few people wanting parts - I could send the phone to you perhaps and you could take the part you need and send it on. Like a kind of 'parts chain'!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    @checkmate,

Can you hold onto it till tomorrow? I've developed a fix for the keyboard issue and will post that as an ipk (need to deploy multiple patches). I was hoping you could test the fix on your Pre3 before it goes out in the mail
    Hmmm, I've already wiped the whole phone, so I'd have to go through the hassle of bypassing activation etc. with Impostah.....
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    I think I'd apply for that, never had a Pre 3, and the higher resolution might be useful for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Yes, that would be interesting to know.
    What are the packing/postage costs to Germany approximately?

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see checkmate's posts before posting mine.
    Last edited by pcworld; 07/17/2013 at 03:31 PM.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    I think I'd apply for that, never had a Pre 3, and the higher resolution might be useful for testing.

It's a UK 8GB (see post above). It's easier to mail from the UK to Germany than to overseas countries (US or Australia).

I vote for the Pre to go to you

@checkmate,

Nevermind then. It's all good. And if it ends up going to a developer, I could ask them instead.
  13.    #13  

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see checkmate's posts before posting.
    Since pcworld was good enough to include some hi-res icons I supplied in his excellent app FTPit, I think its only fair he receive the Pre3! :-)

Sorry to everyone else - if the phone totally dies, it might still end up on here as parts!

@pcworld - I'll look into postage costs to Germany over the next week. Hopefully you can test Remy X's patch for him at some point too.
    It's probably too late to weigh in now but if any parts of this are still going begging I'd be willing to pay a few quid to cover someone's trouble for sending me the bezel.
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Since pcworld was good enough to include some hi-res icons I supplied in his excellent app FTPit, I think its only fair he receive the Pre3! :-)

Sorry to everyone else - if the phone totally dies, it might still end up on here as parts!

@pcworld - I'll look into postage costs to Germany over the next week. Hopefully you can test Remy X's patch for him at some point too.
    Wow, that's great, thanks a lot!
    Surely I'll have a look into Remy X's patch, @Remy X just contact me then.

Being a "Pre 3 noob", does the Pre 3 have a different battery format than the rest of the Pre series?
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Wow, that's great, thanks a lot!
    Surely I'll have a look into Remy X's patch, @Remy X just contact me then.

Being a "Pre 3 noob", does the Pre 3 have a different battery format than the rest of the Pre series?
    Yes, the Pre3 is a different battery. Larger.
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    Oh i wanted a Pre 3 for generalized testing, still use my HP Touchpad and I am in the UK, guess i'm to late now though! ....?
    The road to success is always under construction
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by mafu6 View Post
    Oh i wanted a Pre 3 for generalized testing, still use my HP Touchpad and I am in the UK, guess i'm to late now though! ....?
    I'm afraid so - already organised postage to Germany for pcworld.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    I take it we can close the thread?
    The Pre 3 arrived today – thank you checkmate!