webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  Marketplace > WTS: Touchpad Go Case
WTS: Touchpad Go Case

Old 04/10/2013, 11:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

A touchpad case converted to a Touchpad Go size...

PM me if you would like me to make you one (cost will be original case + $10 for my time) and shipping...

Pictures attached below...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg open front.jpg (674.7 KB, 148 views) Email Attachment
File Type: jpg closed front.jpg (648.9 KB, 113 views) Email Attachment
File Type: jpg closed back.jpg (606.4 KB, 98 views) Email Attachment
File Type: jpg top stand.jpg (679.7 KB, 107 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by John Steffes; 04/10/2013 at 12:25 PM.
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/2013, 01:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rnp

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh... My... I want that to my Samsung Tab 7.7 (P6800)!!!

Man, can you make? Please????
Thank you in advance!

Best Regards...
Old 04/10/2013, 01:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh... My... I want that to my Samsung Tab 7.7 (P6800)!!!

Man, can you make? Please????
Thank you in advance!

Best Regards...
For samsung tab would need dimentions...
Old 04/10/2013, 02:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rnp

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
For samsung tab would need dimentions...
Quote:
196.7 x 133 x 7.89 millimetres
7.7 x 5.2 x 0.3 inches
Just a curiosity... can you make in portrait or only in landscape?

I gonna confess: love the case for Touchpad... and all other cases for 7 or 8 inches are not so good, and the Samsung original included...

Thanks again.

Best Regards...
Old 04/11/2013, 05:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

I WANT A TouchPad Go!!!!!!!!
boovish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/11/2013, 05:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boovish View Post
To bad HP/Palm did not produce this, they would have been good sellers, do not think it would have saved the day...

But webOS on a 7 inch device (with 4G and WiFi), very portable, and with webOS 3.0.5 even better...

Only flaw is the App Developers gave up on webOS, so apps are dying a slow death...

HP/Palm should have paid App Developers (like Microsoft and RIM are)...
Old 04/11/2013, 06:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I think the TP Go would've been a huge seller. There were not that many 7 inch tablets at that time and the Go was packing incredible specs. Combine that with the ease of multitasking, again on just a 7 inch screen, and I think it could've been a huge seller. Not to save the day but enough to at least could've prevented Leo from axing webOS.

And don't speak bad of the app developers. There are still developers around, including me, who support their apps or release new apps. I still see new or updated apps 1-2 times a week in the App Catalog. And there are some new webOS apps upcoming.
But I do agree that webOS should have paid app devs like MS and BB (it's not called RIM anymore).

Isis Web - the successor of the Touchpad's stock web browser
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/11/2013, 07:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
I think the TP Go would've been a huge seller. There were not that many 7 inch tablets at that time and the Go was packing incredible specs. Combine that with the ease of multitasking, again on just a 7 inch screen, and I think it could've been a huge seller. Not to save the day but enough to at least could've prevented Leo from axing webOS.

And don't speak bad of the app developers. There are still developers around, including me, who support their apps or release new apps. I still see new or updated apps 1-2 times a week in the App Catalog. And there are some new webOS apps upcoming.
But I do agree that webOS should have paid app devs like MS and BB (it's not called RIM anymore).
Sorry I did not mean to offend...

Only flaw is the App Developers gave up on webOS, so apps are dying a slow death...

Was meant to say the big App Developers, EA/Rovio/MotionApps/Glu/LinkedIn/Facebook/etc... They gave up, yes I know I see some app developers are still making apps, homebrewers are still brewing... But the big players all walked away...

To me this shows a lack of character, there used to be a life cycle, and if someone paid for an app, they got a year or more of service, some titles did not even work great out of the gate...

Amazon, Time, pulled the plug... why? people paid for things and they walked away... sorry folks... that to me is a flaw... a big character flaw... Not all app developers are like that... Music Remix had a flaw, the app owner fixed it... Some care, others just walked away...
Old 04/11/2013, 11:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I don't think I'll ever willingly purchase a 7" tablet unless its not widescreen. The 4:3 ratio is great for 7"

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/2013, 08:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Rnp

PM Sent!

Best Regards...
Old 04/17/2013, 09:50 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
To bad HP/Palm did not produce this, they would have been good sellers, do not think it would have saved the day...

But webOS on a 7 inch device (with 4G and WiFi), very portable, and with webOS 3.0.5 even better...

HP/Palm should have paid App Developers (like Microsoft and RIM are)...
I just managed to raise enough money, hopefully someone has one, Also do you have any others?
Old 02/06/2014, 08:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

John, are you still making these? Do the buttons line up? Can it be propped up? Do you have better pictures? Am I asking too many questions? Will I stop asking questions soon? Ok I'm done.
Old 02/07/2014, 04:03 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boovish View Post
when u see videos on youtube of doods assembling their own ps vita's/etc from spares all over the world into a fully working device it makes me cringe thinking of all those spare GO parts that are either lying around somewhere or got scrapped at the time.

as mentioned above, it had great specs at the time and even today could hold water well enough, most of the "newer" 7" devices id see not long after were chineese imports/knockoffs with much lower specs.
Old 02/07/2014, 04:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
when u see videos on youtube of doods assembling their own ps vita's/etc from spares all over the world into a fully working device it makes me cringe thinking of all those spare GO parts that are either lying around somewhere or got scrapped at the time.

as mentioned above, it had great specs at the time and even today could hold water well enough, most of the "newer" 7" devices id see not long after were chineese imports/knockoffs with much lower specs.
Yes, HP would have stood a very good chance if they released it back in 2011 like planned. There were no proper branded 7" tablets besides some Amazon Kindle Fire's. No Google Nexus 7, no Apple iPad Mini. They really missed the boat there.
Old 02/07/2014, 06:55 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
John, are you still making these? Do the buttons line up? Can it be propped up? Do you have better pictures? Am I asking too many questions? Will I stop asking questions soon? Ok I'm done.
Yes I am still making these, PM me for more information...

The Power & Volume buttons line up and the socket for the USB line up, even the tab to stand the Go will work.

The few issues, the Back Camera is covered (the material HP/Palm used to create the Touchpad case cutting a hole would cause a stability issue, the head phone jack is not in the same position as the Touchpad so the Go's is covered).

However, it does hold the Go very tightly and protects it better then nothing...
Thanked By: Alan Morford
Old 03/04/2014, 06:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

PM sent
Old 03/23/2014, 10:13 AM   #17 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

I made some mods to the case John made me. I used the extra material left over from the build (he sends you the left overs back as well), 6 neodymium magnets (left over from the 100 I bought to add to my touchstones), Lock-tite gel super glue, really sharp nail scissors, an exacto knife, and some patience. The clasp is nice because it holds the flap in place. Otherwise the flap likes to slide up and down on the smooth surface of the screen. The hinge cover I made forces the flap to lay flush with the right side of the device. I increased the USB port hole so I could plug the device in without having to center the Go inside the case. That way I can leave it flush to the buttons when plugged in. I can't say I improved the aesthetics. But the function did increase I suppose.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG0116.jpg (378.1 KB, 24 views) Email Attachment
File Type: jpg CIMG0117.jpg (293.6 KB, 22 views) Email Attachment
File Type: jpg CIMG0119.jpg (407.0 KB, 22 views) Email Attachment
File Type: jpg CIMG0123.jpg (372.1 KB, 21 views) Email Attachment
File Type: jpg CIMG0126.jpg (402.5 KB, 22 views) Email Attachment
File Type: jpg CIMG0128.jpg (333.9 KB, 23 views) Email Attachment
File Type: jpg CIMG0129.jpg (327.8 KB, 22 views) Email Attachment