webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  Marketplace > Used Pre 3 (AT&T - Unlocked) FS
Used Pre 3 (AT&T - Unlocked) FS
  Closed Thread

Old 02/19/2013, 08:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hey all, I recently listed my Pre3 on ebay with a starting bid of $89.99.

Please check out the auction, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Thanked By: qbenguy
Old 02/21/2013, 12:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

Recently my Pre for no apparent reason is turning off, so I'm in the market for a Pre3. I just look at your listing and added it to my watch list. Thanks for mentioning the fact that the phone does have some scuff marks. But since it was your every day phone, I think that's expected and normal. You also mentioned "a piece of the casing above the charging port has broken off". It's hard to see what you're referring to from the picture. Any chance you can post another or send me one directly? I'd appreciate it.

So why are you selling your Pre3? Just curious to know.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02/21/2013, 12:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

Lots of people watching...but nobody bidding, haha.

It's visible in the last two pictures (though I'll try to get a better picture for you)...the removable back cover snaps around the charging port, leaving the port open...but some of the plastic directly above the port broke off. Doesn't affect anything at all, just have to exercise a little more care when removing the back cover.

I actually gave up on the Pre and webOS in August, but was really slow in getting it up for sale. Ultimately, it was just the culmination of it being an unsupported orphaned OS. I don't love Android the way I loved webOS...but I do love having mainstream apps and updates and support.

I get wistful every time I pull the Pre3 out of its packaging though...this was the best webOS device ever built (seriously, the build quality is miles above the original Pre), and I miss the keyboard something fierce. Will never understand why HP gave up before getting this thing to market.

For those of you willing to stick with webOS, the Pre 3 is definitely the device to be on. I just couldn't do it anymore.
Old 02/21/2013, 01:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

I thought it would be in the last two pictures but unfortunately they're a little dark. But I think I can see what you're referring to. If you can add another picture, great. If not, then it's fine. Since I've never actually seen a Pre3 closeup I'm not very familiar with the body. Is the charging port suppose to be covered by the back cover?

I'm sorry to read that you gave up on webOS. I've had my moments but have yet to validate moving on to a different OS. Especially with the few options. The one OS that I did consider was android. Since I'm on Sprint's network, I was considering either a Samsung Galaxy or Galaxy S3. I think that I'd enjoy the Pre3 even without the support from HP. We almost don't need them when we have developers creating for homebrew. As you know we're a strong knit community and we love (as you did at one point) webOS!
Old 02/21/2013, 01:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

I've changed the last two pictures, it should be much clearer now. The Pre 3's charging port was always open, it didn't have a cover...but it is supposed to be surrounded by plastic on all sides when the back cover is on. On mine, it's only surrounded on three sides, the top part broke off. If you found another completely intact back cover somewhere, you could just swap them.

Nothing but respect for all the homebrewers here, they've put in a lot of work to bring useful apps to the platform and tons of patches and little improvements to the overall webOS experience. There are still things webOS does better than any other OS...and I definitely miss parts of the experience. No turning back for me now though, I'll just keep hoping physical keyboards make a comeback in Android devices.

That said, if you're still rocking an original Sprint Pre in 2013, I think you'll be ecstatic with a Pre 3. It could have been a contender if it'd been released in the summer of 2011.
Old 02/21/2013, 01:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clogoodie View Post
I've changed the last two pictures, it should be much clearer now. The Pre 3's charging port was always open, it didn't have a cover...but it is supposed to be surrounded by plastic on all sides when the back cover is on. On mine, it's only surrounded on three sides, the top part broke off. If you found another completely intact back cover somewhere, you could just swap them.

Nothing but respect for all the homebrewers here, they've put in a lot of work to bring useful apps to the platform and tons of patches and little improvements to the overall webOS experience. There are still things webOS does better than any other OS...and I definitely miss parts of the experience. No turning back for me now though, I'll just keep hoping physical keyboards make a comeback in Android devices.

That said, if you're still rocking an original Sprint Pre in 2013, I think you'll be ecstatic with a Pre 3. It could have been a contender if it'd been released in the summer of 2011.
Thanks. Now it's a lot more visible. And I see what you mean. It may take some work finding a replacement cover. Although I'm sure that I could eventually find one. It would definitely need to be one that I could use with touchstone. I love that thing! I know that's one of a few things that I'd definitely miss if I were to switch.

And you're right the homebrewers have put in a lot of work. One of the many reasons that I've stuck around and will/and want to continue to support webOS. It's by far the best webOS. But I am a little bias.
Old 05/18/2013, 01:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

lock?
Closed Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0