webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  Marketplace > WTB: Broken Pre 3
WTB: Broken Pre 3

Old 01/25/2013, 10:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

I need a cracked screen Pre 3 or a broken sim slot unit. I just got a VZW unit 22 days ago & the volume button ribbon cable has severed, so I need a replacement unit just for that part. If someone has just that part I'd be willing to buy just that as well.
Consequence_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2013, 02:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

HP Palm Pre 3 16GB Black at T Smartphone | eBay
billcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2013, 02:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcrowley View Post
I love the description of that unit.....

"Compact and trendy, the HP Pre 3 is a mid-range smartphone suitable for youngsters"
james H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2013, 03:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Same problem here, same necessity: a new pre3 motherboard - hoping we can find 2 of them

User of webOS 2.2.4 on Pre-/ Pre3 & webOS 3.0.5 on HP TouchPad
DMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2013, 03:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
yah saw that one too, thank you. I contacted the seller, he says the ribbon's intact, i'll definitely bid, BIN is too high though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by james H View Post
I love the description of that unit.....

"Compact and trendy, the HP Pre 3 is a mid-range smartphone suitable for youngsters"
lol oh those 'youngsters' =P
Old 01/25/2013, 03:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMeister View Post
Same problem here, same necessity: a new pre3 motherboard - hoping we can find 2 of them
You need the mb or just the ribbon cable? I would definitely go half in on it & send you the board if that's all you needed, I just need that cable =/
Old 01/27/2013, 04:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
You need the mb or just the ribbon cable? I would definitely go half in on it & send you the board if that's all you needed, I just need that cable =/

I need that cable too, but I thought to buy it the only way is to buy a new mb... Am I right?

User of webOS 2.2.4 on Pre-/ Pre3 & webOS 3.0.5 on HP TouchPad
DMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2013, 05:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
To whomever won this auction

I am willing to buy the battery cover. I was bidding on it for the battery cover.
This auction went crazy and I think it would help you to defray some of the expenses of the part that you actually wanted.

Pls PM as soon as you have it.

JP
pepebuho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/30/2013, 08:44 AM   #9 (permalink)

There's another one posted......
Old 01/30/2013, 02:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncot View Post
There's another one posted......
Thanks!
I saw it earlier, It is kind of expensive with $50 as a starting bid though..
Old 02/01/2013, 10:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

HP Pre 3 - 8 GB - Black (Unlocked) Smartphone - AZERTY, cracked screen 0886111711468 | eBay

Any use?

I'm not clear if the seller will ship to the U.S...
Preemptive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2013, 11:18 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
HP Pre 3 - 8 GB - Black (Unlocked) Smartphone - AZERTY, cracked screen 0886111711468 | eBay

Any use?

Thanks, let's check it out.
Old 02/01/2013, 09:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:

Any use?

I messaged the seller, he has 2 Pre3, one with audio issues. Anybody have friends/family in the UK?
Old 02/02/2013, 06:15 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:

Any use?

Confirmed by e-mail. Seller is not shipping to USA.
Old 02/08/2013, 05:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepebuho View Post
Thanks!
I saw it earlier, It is kind of expensive with $50 as a starting bid though..
It's back, sold for $60 before, but it's here again, same $50 start.

Old 02/08/2013, 11:25 PM   #16 (permalink)

I have several Pre 3 main boards, complete. I'm in USA and will ship free inside continental USA. Some are UK Pre 3 main boards Some are AT&T Pre 3 main boards, some unlocked, some locked.

Unfortunately I do not know which boards are which, so I'm willing to get rid of them for $20 ea - as is - no warranty, no guarantee they work, - Like I said, as-is, although I know most of them do work, but there could be one in there that doesnt power up. Its a crap shoot I guess,

PM Me if you're willing to roll the dice and want one or all of these for $20 ea knowing they re as is and may or may not work.

TTB

EDIT: These main boards all include the radio boards. The radio board with IMEI and emmc memory is what determines whether the device is a UK 8 GB or an AT&T 16 GB.. Therefore, If you know you need only the main board and that your radio board is OK, then any of these might work for you not knowing which ones are UK and which ones are AT&T.

Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 02/10/2013 at 11:09 AM.
TopTongueBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/2013, 12:04 PM   #17 (permalink)

One queston TTB, I recently had my primary Pre 3 go for a swim and I quickly pulled the battery and let it dry out. I fired it back up and everything worked fine except the wifi radio. How hard is it to replace the wifi radio, do I have to swap out mother boards or just replace the rado? Thx
netwrkr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/10/2013, 11:10 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
One queston TTB, I recently had my primary Pre 3 go for a swim and I quickly pulled the battery and let it dry out. I fired it back up and everything worked fine except the wifi radio. How hard is it to replace the wifi radio, do I have to swap out mother boards or just replace the rado? Thx
Ask Rod Whitby, I'm not sure if the radio board has the wifi chip on it or not. He would know.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0