webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  Marketplace > Looking for a Pre+, Pixi+ or maybe even a Pre 2
Looking for a Pre+, Pixi+ or maybe even a Pre 2
  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01/18/2013, 08:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
cgardnervt's Avatar
 
Posts: 468
Looking for one of the 3 cheap! I dont have a ton of money to off load into this but I would love one of these devices. It needs to work with ATT there for GSM only models please. PM me if you have anything or reply on here! I miss the WebOS Nation! Looking to make this my backup phone.
__________________
SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
cgardnervt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/18/2013, 12:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
RumoredNow's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,221
PM sent...
__________________
Nokia Lumia 925: T-Mo Branded Windows Phone 8 GDR3 Dev Preview
LG Nexus 4: Ubuntu Touch Public Release Beta
Asus Nexus 7: Pure Google Jelly Bean 4.3
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Open webOS Alpha 2
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2013, 08:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 19
I have a used Pre+ that isn't in very good condition. Many scratches, cracks and the headphone jack keeps messing up. But I would sell it for $25+ shipping.
dcherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2013, 08:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
cgardnervt's Avatar
 
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcherian View Post
I have a used Pre+ that isn't in very good condition. Many scratches, cracks and the headphone jack keeps messing up. But I would sell it for $25+ shipping.
Thanks but I would pay that for a used Pre+ in good shape. For me its just a backup/play phone. However if it was in perfect shape I would guess something like that would be a fair price. Thanks for the offer though!
Cgardner
__________________
SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
cgardnervt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2013, 07:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
cgardnervt's Avatar
 
Posts: 468
/bump!

Still looking for one of the listed phones!

Thanks.
__________________
SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
cgardnervt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2013, 07:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 57
My wife has moved on to the iPhone 5 and her unlocked GSM Pre 2 is looking for a new owner. I haven't doctored it yet but I will restore it to original software for playing purposes if you want it. All original packaging will be included. $75 shipped.


-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
__________________
Handspring Visor -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre Plus -> Developer Day Pre 2
32Gb Touchpad, 32Gb Touchpad 4G w/ CM10 onboard
Pre 3 waiting in the wings for a good reason to switch
jbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2013, 10:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
cgardnervt's Avatar
 
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbates View Post
My wife has moved on to the iPhone 5 and her unlocked GSM Pre 2 is looking for a new owner. I haven't doctored it yet but I will restore it to original software for playing purposes if you want it. All original packaging will be included. $75 shipped.


-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Jbates,
Thanks for the offer. However that is out of my current spending options. I think I am looking more in range of a Pre+ then! if you want an offer I can send you one in PM. I just dont want you to think I am trying to short change you. Just working with a smaller budget is all.
__________________
SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
cgardnervt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/30/2013, 02:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
cgardnervt's Avatar
 
Posts: 468
/Bump!

Still looking. I thought a lot more people would be off loading these devices. Well mainly the Pre+ and Pixi+.
__________________
SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
cgardnervt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2013, 11:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
cgardnervt's Avatar
 
Posts: 468
/Final Bump!!
__________________
SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
cgardnervt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2013, 11:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
RumoredNow's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,221
Have you tried your local Craig's List?

I just sold my backup Pre 2 through there. webOS stuff does come up on occasion.
__________________
Nokia Lumia 925: T-Mo Branded Windows Phone 8 GDR3 Dev Preview
LG Nexus 4: Ubuntu Touch Public Release Beta
Asus Nexus 7: Pure Google Jelly Bean 4.3
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Open webOS Alpha 2
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2013, 12:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
cgardnervt's Avatar
 
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
Have you tried your local Craig's List?

I just sold my backup Pre 2 through there. webOS stuff does come up on occasion.
That I have! but great advice non the less.
__________________
SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
cgardnervt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2013, 05:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 62
Are you still looking? I have a pixi-, pre+ (verizon)
getsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2013, 08:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
cgardnervt's Avatar
 
Posts: 468
I am still looking. GSM models only. I am on att. Pixi on Verizon too?
__________________
SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
cgardnervt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2013, 09:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
xandros9's Avatar
 
Posts: 908
I'm pretty sure there are still webOS devices in varying conditions and prices on places like Amazon and eBay.
I obtained my Pre 2 (no longer have it) there.

And if youre uber-desperate, maybe modding a VZW Pre+ with a GSM comm board?
__________________
HP Think Beyond Event - http://youtu.be/VnjwG7Z8AM8
m500/5 > Z|71 > T|C > Z|71 > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4
> Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > HD2 > Treo 650 > Lumia 920
My Copy referral link if you want to try: https://copy.com?r=trzKIA
My OneDrive referral link: MS OneDrive
xandros9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2013, 07:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
cgardnervt's Avatar
 
Posts: 468
Great ideas but I am willing to wait for the perfect match on used one. Not looking to spend a ton of money yet.
__________________
SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
cgardnervt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2013, 11:19 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
cgardnervt's Avatar
 
Posts: 468
/Nothing yet!
__________________
SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
cgardnervt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2013, 12:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
RumoredNow's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,221
I think the fact that you are looking at the potential device as a toy to play with makes it have a certain value level in your mind that is at odds with a) the market, b) the fact that these devices are still capable of full time service as smart phones and c) the value level that this community in particular places on a device with the cosmetic and functional condition you seek...

Your expectation and that of potential sellers is very misaligned.

For example: The device I PMed you about was quite happily bought for the exact price I wanted (minus shipping/PayPal fee) by someone off my local Craig's List add within a week. The buyer was gushing over how nice it would be to get back into webOS.

You are fishing for a bargain basement deal among the very enthusiasts who place the highest value on what it is you seek. These devices are only getting more rare, never less.

Best of luck...


__________________
Nokia Lumia 925: T-Mo Branded Windows Phone 8 GDR3 Dev Preview
LG Nexus 4: Ubuntu Touch Public Release Beta
Asus Nexus 7: Pure Google Jelly Bean 4.3
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Open webOS Alpha 2
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: cgardner
Old 02/14/2013, 01:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
cgardnervt's Avatar
 
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
I think the fact that you are looking at the potential device as a toy to play with makes it have a certain value level in your mind that is at odds with a) the market, b) the fact that these devices are still capable of full time service as smart phones and c) the value level that this community in particular places on a device with the cosmetic and functional condition you seek...

Your expectation and that of potential sellers is very misaligned.

For example: The device I PMed you about was quite happily bought for the exact price I wanted (minus shipping/PayPal fee) by someone off my local Craig's List add within a week. The buyer was gushing over how nice it would be to get back into webOS.

You are fishing for a bargain basement deal among the very enthusiasts who place the highest value on what it is you seek. These devices are only getting more rare, never less.

Best of luck...


RumoredNow,
Your offer was a fair offer. However I made it clear I "might" look at a Pre2. The PM's I have been getting on items like a Pixi and a Pre have been in the ball park of around $45+. I for one am not willing to pay that for a Pre or even a Pre+. A Your Pre2 for offer was something for around $55 if I'm not mistaken. Its just not the budget I have currently. If I did then a Pre 2 would have been on the chopping block for me. Again I thank you for your fair offer. I'm look at spending about half that on more of a Pre+/Pixi+. I may have to go to ebay. Just thought I'd check to see if anyone in the community had one that was collecting dust.
__________________
SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
cgardnervt is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0