webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  Marketplace > Spare Parts
Spare Parts

Old 12/08/2012, 06:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hi everyone out there!

Does anybody know an address where to get spare parts for the HP Touchpad? I need a mainboard for replacement. But unfortunately eBay doesn't list some auctions actually.

Please let me know, if anyone knows a source for that.

Thanks in advance! :-)
BGrosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/08/2012, 01:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrosse View Post
Hi everyone out there!

Does anybody know an address where to get spare parts for the HP Touchpad? I need a mainboard for replacement. But unfortunately eBay doesn't list some auctions actually.

Please let me know, if anyone knows a source for that.

Thanks in advance! :-)
Try a PM to TopTongueBarry who has posted somewhere on this board that he may have spares for sale.
Wheel_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/08/2012, 01:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
Try a PM to TopTongueBarry who has posted somewhere on this board that he may have spares for sale.
Hi Wheel_nut!

Thanks for your reply! I will try it immediately! :-)

@edit: Hmm... His message box is full. I cannot contact him right now...

Last edited by BGrosse; 12/08/2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12/08/2012, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

This is the thread in which he suggested that he might unload some spares:
Hp touchpad parts

.... you may want to post in that thread and let TTB know that his mailbox is full.

See also this thread in Marketplace: Hp touchpad parts!

Last edited by Wheel_nut; 12/08/2012 at 04:21 PM.
Wheel_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/2012, 03:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
This is the thread in which he suggested that he might unload some spares:
Hp touchpad parts

.... you may want to post in that thread and let TTB know that his mailbox is full.

See also this thread in Marketplace: Hp touchpad parts!
Hi Wheel_nut!

Thanks again for your kind feedback and the link to this thread. :-)

And for your info: NO, I didn't fryed my TP by using my own developed TP USB charging unit. :-p
This unit works just fine! I just had the chance of getting a battery for spare (just in case you know) and with further contact to the seller (eBay) it shows up, that he wants to sell every item of his dead TP piece for piece except the mainboard. His battery was bad and he bought a spare one but didn't get it alive again. Now he sells all the pieces except the mainboard because of his data in the FLASH which he can't erase anymore due to maybe a dead charging chip on his mainboard. So I told him to tell me a price for all and finally get all parts except the mainboard for some bucks. :-)

But now - as a hardware engineer - I wanted to see if I can get it to life again. Therefore I need a new mainboard. :-)
Old 12/09/2012, 03:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrosse View Post
Hi Wheel_nut!

Thanks again for your kind feedback and the link to this thread. :-)

And for your info: NO, I didn't fryed my TP by using my own developed TP USB charging unit. :-p
This unit works just fine! I just had the chance of getting a battery for spare (just in case you know) and with further contact to the seller (eBay) it shows up, that he wants to sell every item of his dead TP piece for piece except the mainboard. His battery was bad and he bought a spare one but didn't get it alive again. Now he sells all the pieces except the mainboard because of his data in the FLASH which he can't erase anymore due to maybe a dead charging chip on his mainboard. So I told him to tell me a price for all and finally get all parts except the mainboard for some bucks. :-)

But now - as a hardware engineer - I wanted to see if I can get it to life again. Therefore I need a new mainboard. :-)
I'm out of wi-fi main boards. If you have a Taobao agent, you can get them off of Taobao.com. Every part for Touchpad Topaz models is available on Taobao. Be careful with the power button volume rocker ribbon assy, the only one listed presently is for a Touchpad 4G and that's different than the same part on wi-fi models. They don't tell you this in their taobao listing..

hp touchpad TP 32G wifi ά-Ա
Old 01/04/2013, 12:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
I'm out of wi-fi main boards. If you have a Taobao agent, you can get them off of Taobao.com. Every part for Touchpad Topaz models is available on Taobao. Be careful with the power button volume rocker ribbon assy, the only one listed presently is for a Touchpad 4G and that's different than the same part on wi-fi models. They don't tell you this in their taobao listing..

hp touchpad TP 32G wifi ά-Ա
I'm looking for JUST the button itself (the little black oval piece of plastic that apparently walked off and I can't find anywhere). Anyone got a source for it? Thanks in advance! I'll happily pay up to $15 for it, via PayPal or whatever...

If it matters, it's a 32 GB wifi-only.

--Me
Timothy Hagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 12:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Hagman View Post
I'm looking for JUST the button itself (the little black oval piece of plastic that apparently walked off and I can't find anywhere). Anyone got a source for it? Thanks in advance! I'll happily pay up to $15 for it, via PayPal or whatever...

If it matters, it's a 32 GB wifi-only.

--Me
PM me. I have them.
Old 01/05/2013, 03:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Could you post a pic of that button? I may have one.
getsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 09:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsun View Post
Could you post a pic of that button? I may have one.
If I had the button to take a pic of, I wouldn't need it Would you like a picture of the space it's supposed to go in?

--Me
Timothy Hagman is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0