1.    #1  
    Hey Guys,

So my Pre 2 just isn't cutting it, and I REFUSE to adopt the iphone platform.

However, I also REFUSE to pay over $300.00 USD for a discontinued device (when I could just get an iphone 5 for free with a plan).

PM me what you have.
    If you search around (sorry don't remember what threads off the top), I believe in the last week or two there were some links to Amazon and Ebay where people said they were sub 300 for GSM.

They pop up for sale on the forums every once in a while, but most of the folks that have em on the forums are pretty die hard and don't look to sell unless damaged. With that said, with the new phones launching (mainly Nokia and new iPhone) and the Pre3 being a year old for some, a few might start popping up once the new phones actually hit market.

Either way, good luck to you, I love my Pre3.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    If you search around (sorry don't remember what threads off the top), I believe in the last week or two there were some links to Amazon and Ebay where people said they were sub 300 for GSM.

They pop up for sale on the forums every once in a while, but most of the folks that have em on the forums are pretty die hard and don't look to sell unless damaged. With that said, with the new phones launching (mainly Nokia and new iPhone) and the Pre3 being a year old for some, a few might start popping up once the new phones actually hit market.

Either way, good luck to you, I love my Pre3.
    What an unbelievably insightful reply!

I haven't spent much time on these forums, but I must say I'm PLLLLLeasantly surprised!

I completely understand, re: people keeping theirs, and would not even consider selling mine [once I find one, that is]. Mind you, my rational brain is still preventing me from spending anything more than $250.00 CAD on a now defunct piece of technology.

Thanks for the advice, & for the well wishes - the quest continues!
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscharles View Post

I also REFUSE to pay over $300.00 USD for a discontinued device (when I could just get an iphone 5 for free with a plan).
    Does your carrier completely subsidise the iphone 5?

What company?