Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Hi all,

At the risk of spamming you I am going to drop a note here.

I'm a PRPRPR $representative$ $from$ $BoxWave$.$com$, $for$ $any$ $of$ $you$ $who$ $purchase$ $products$ $from$ $BoxWave$, $this$ $is$ $just$ $another$ $way$ $we$ $are$ $trying$ $to$ $reach$ $you$ $all$ $for$ $specific$ $needs$.

Just trying to take the initiative by coming out here and helping out however I might. Please PM or email me : ).

Best wishes all and thanks for the space,

Wing Yew Lum

BoxWave.com

Home of the award winning miniSync - the world's first retractable, simultaneous sync/charger and Cleartouch - an award winning screen protection.
    What a clever looking gadget - and how perfect to carry in my purse to replace that 4' hot sync/power cable! I've just ordered one.
    Originally posted by Alli
    What a clever looking gadget - and how perfect to carry in my purse to replace that 4' hot sync/power cable! I've just ordered one.
    Looks promising!
    Please post a review for us after you've used it.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Hi all,

Over on the Brighthand forums there are numerous threads with people praising both Cleartouch and miniSync.

Here are some sample links that might help your decision:

Cleartouch threads:

http://discussion.brighthand.com/sho...hlight=boxwave

http://discussion.brighthand.com/sho...hlight=boxwave

miniSync threads:

http://discussion.brighthand.com/sho...light=minisync

http://discussion.brighthand.com/sho...light=minisync

FYI: Check out our website for praise from the Gadgeteer, PPCW.net, FirstLoox.org, PDAGold.com, and several other reviewers with high praise.

Best wishes all,

Wing Lum
    PRPRPR, $BoxWave$
    Last edited by BoxWave; 01/29/2003 at 12:42 AM.
    Very cool! trying to get a review unit.. we need more reviews on tc...
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Glad I caught your eye .

I just shot an email back to you.

Best wishes,

Wing Lum
    BoxWave
    I received my MiniSynch cable this past week, and so far it performs very well. Synchs just as fast as my standard cable (although I agree it would be great to have a "hotsynch" button on the cable, that's a quibble), and it charges simultaneously from the USB port of the PC.

My only reservation is how long the cable will last because of the retractable nature. It feels substantial (unlike many retractable devices I've tried), but only time will tell. Anyone know what kind of warranty this has?

I've gotten rid of (or at least put it in the drawer) my synch cable...one less thing to carry. Can't get rid of my charger, because I often travel without my PC, now that I have a treo! So far, an enthusiastic "thumbs up"!
    What a difference the mini-sync makes in finding things in my purse! It's soooo tiny!

I actually don't miss the sync button. I hit that dang button so often by mistake it's a pleasure to get rid of it. I have one other multi-cable that does not have the sync button at the top, but it doesn't fit as well. The multi-sync is a perfect fit to the Treo.

It combines with my 2-in-one wall unit/car charger adaptor perfectly.

Way to go Boxwave!
    Hi,

1. Does the BoxWave miniSync charge the PDA even if the notebook is turned off? That would be handy.

2. Any plans of adding a HotSync button?
    I'd be happy to write a review of your screen protector. Just got my prism and the screen is pristine. I'd like to keep it that way.
    Only in a Jeep.
    Just got my minisync this weekend. It's AWESOME. I travel all the time and this little device works like advertised. Very small. Retractable. Very nice sync and charge cable. Wel worth the money.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Hey all!

I'm sorry I haven't been back to these forums for a little while - but I wanted to send out my thanks for all the kind words you guys have been giving out.

We don't plan on putting a hotsync button on it, just because in keeping the design a bit simpler, it keeps the life of the accessory in retractable designs.

The miniSync works like most USB devices though - so you won't be charging if your PC is in power save.

Best wishes and thanks!

Wing Lum
    BoxWave
    the lack of a hotsynh button isn't as big a deal as i thought it was going to be. i just use buttons-t to program a button combination to the hotsych screen. I hit the combo, tap the screen, and i start synching. easy.