Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A distributor has been found. Looks like they have roughly 1000 touchpad go's. We are trying to get some people that are interested in purchasing one together. We need a minimum of 10 people to even place an order. Currently, I am trying to get a hold of the company for a price quote. Keep in mind, these will probably run us about $500 a piece. This is an estimate, but i feel that it is a pretty safe bet on the price.

If you are interested, PLEASE:

post a comment here, and PM me with your email address. I am making a list of the people that are interested and are serious about it. There are 2 of us right now, so we need at least 8 more before placing an order.

I will update later, once i get in touch with the company and get an actual price quote.

moto tacstar => kyocera k9 => samsung a460 => samsung n400 => nokia 3588i => samsung a920 => samsung a800 => samsung a940 => lg fusic => samsung instinct => pixi => pre => arrive => nexus s => veer => pre 2 =>pre 3 => hd7 => iphone 4s => nokia lumia 710 => nokia lumia 800 => samsung gs3 => blackberry bold 9650 => nokia lumia 900
    I'm interested and serious if the distributor is legit. Please keep me posted.
    Ok guys, did someone even check if the company is legit? From what i see they listed only Western Union & Moneygram as payement method. Doesnt really smell good...
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    i am interested aswell as long as it is legit, which I doubt actually
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Even if this is legit, how would this be better than buying the nexus 7 and putting open webOS on it? Serious question. Wouldn't that be a cheaper, better alternative?
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I saw that article too, thats what made me second guess this whole story..

But if it is legit, i would buy it mostly as a collectors item, not because it is such a good deal (nexus 7 + open webOS seems better)
    Yeah, I would be totally about this, but at this point, my outgoing expenses are exceeding my income, so that's not a good place to be.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I'd love to have a touchpad go , I got the ready cash.
    Please let me know if this is happening :-)
  9.    #10  
    well, i really hope this is legit, I will do some serious research, i don't want to get burned nor, do i want everyone else to either. I'll look a bit more into the issue, and I am still trying to get a hold of the company. Ill report back when i have more information.

moto tacstar => kyocera k9 => samsung a460 => samsung n400 => nokia 3588i => samsung a920 => samsung a800 => samsung a940 => lg fusic => samsung instinct => pixi => pre => arrive => nexus s => veer => pre 2 =>pre 3 => hd7 => iphone 4s => nokia lumia 710 => nokia lumia 800 => samsung gs3 => blackberry bold 9650 => nokia lumia 900
    Please let the distributed be real. I need a 7inch tablet. Someone keep me posted.
    I posted about this last week:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3340158

Hong Mei Electronic International Limited - Trend Micro security reports that site as a phishing / scam site.

Doubt these are really available. no PayPal, Only WU and MoneyGram.

TTB

P.S. I'd just like to find some TP Go Parts at this point!

<<mod edit>>
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/28/2012 at 06:41 AM. Reason: removed comments referring to moderating
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  12.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I posted about this last week:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3340158

Hong Mei Electronic International Limited - Trend Micro security reports that site as a phishing / scam site.

Doubt these are really available. no PayPal, Only WU and MoneyGram.

TTB

P.S. I'd just like to find some TP Go Parts at this point!

<<mod edit>>
    What a bummer. Yeah I would love to find anything dealing with a touchpad go. If you happen to come across one or are ever looking to sell one of your please let me know.

<<mod edit>>
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/28/2012 at 06:44 AM.

Got a reply from the Chinese company selling these things, they say the 7" touchpads are genuine and it looks like they will take minimum order of 3 by the looks of the email, expensive though at $680.

Dear Mr.matt mayatt**
    ***** Thank you very much* inquiry hp 7" touchpads FOB:690$/pcs. delivery time: 3 ~ 5days by DHL. For the first time customers order our products, We'll present tablet pc case as gift, the overall price is*680$/pcs.
    Our company sell HP official version of the HP Touch Pad, original quality, the international is guaranteed for one year,
    The following is detailed information in this order:
    * 1. Order No.:*0728BRLT
    * 2. Product Name:HP Touch Pad*
    * 3. MOQ:3pcs.
    * 4. wholesale price:680$
    * 5. International warranty CARDS:1years
    * 6. Transport patterns: DHL.free
    * 7. Delivery time: 3days.
    * 8. Payment information:Western union, moneygram, telegraphic transfer payment.*
    *Please confirm the above order information, and to provide the goods address, including the state, street, zip code, phone, contact person. We will prepare goods invoice.please your company in 24 hours to make payment reply, and provide proof of payment.we*will arrange transportation goods in time.
    If you have any question,you can communicate with us directly online.We look forward to cooperating with you.
    best regards
    Still seems very fake though , thought touchpad go was 3g doesn't say anywhere in the email that these tablets are 3g.
    Have sent an email asking them to send me real photos of the tablet :-)
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    There were wifi_onlys aswell AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $so$ $could$ $be$ $real$.. ($hoping$)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Definitely fake , just received photos that were taken and they are of the normal touchpad we all have.
    You can tell because the camera is in the same place as the normal touchpad the touchpad go has the camera in landscape, also does not seem to have camera on the back like the go.
    The dimensions look the same as the stock touchpad when compared to the charger.
    Will post photos later.
    Myth busted I think......shame :-(
    The box is also the standard touchpad box , no go or opel on the front.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    RE: inquiry hp 7" touchpads

Wonder what tape measure they used to come up with 7" ?

TTB

EDIT: Wait, I just thought of something, if 7" is considered average, that could be the root cause of their measuring problems!
    (If you don't get it, too bad, I or no one else here will explain that one to ya .....)
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 07/28/2012 at 02:23 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    RE: inquiry hp 7" touchpads

Wonder what tape measure they used to come up with 7" ?

TTB
    Hard to tell from a picture which im sure was part of their intent to encourage ppl to part ways with cash.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 07/28/2012 at 02:12 PM.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast