1.    #1  
    I just picked up a VZW Pre 3 (finally), but it appears that touchstone charging and TTS is borked on it. When playing with the multimeter, I'm getting no voltage at any of the terminals, so my presumption is that the backplate is borked and not the phone circuitry (as I get 5+v with my Pre2 backplate).

Please let me know if you have one! I would also gladly pay to trade with you if you're not using the touchstone or TTS features if it could get me working. My touchstones are getting lonley!
  2.    #2  
    Anyone?
    I wouldn't hold my breath on this. Considering the cheapness of TS's, the rarity of Pre3's (although I've seen a couple being sold for parts a while ago) and how its a largely unique and awesome Palm feature, I doubt anyone would want to do so.

I'm not familiar with the circuitry of the Pre 3, but maybe a DIY solution is possible using wires + the Pre 2 coil. I don't know about the feasibility, but its just an idea.
    Yeah gonna be tough to find I have seen a few sold at decent prices with borked SIM slots, but not many.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I have 3) pre 3's in various states of disrepair.
    What's the back cover worth?
    Quote Originally Posted by jscm3 View Post
    I have 3) pre 3's in various states of disrepair.
    What's the back cover worth?
    If you were to sell any of your back plates, I would love to purchase one as my one has begun to crack by the USB port. Not sure how much they are worth, but they have gone for about fifty dollars before.
    l would sell one for fifty dollars.
    if you're interested, send me a pm.