1.    #1  
    Title says it all. Oh yeah, it's a new one.
    There's 13 hours left on this. Hope anyone that wants one gets one.
    Daily Steals Today Last Call
    You plug your phone in?
    is this the same deal listed in the article on webos nation front page? I might have to do this...
    Sorry to double post, but I've got less than 10 hours to make a decision here. I have a Pre+ on Verizon. It is supplied by my business. It is a launch day, 2.5 year old unit. The keyboard is getting problematic, always been hard to use, and getting worn out I assume so I'm getting multiple letters, missed letters a WHOLE lot more in the past year than I did since early 2010. I use Mobile Hotspot a lot, especially with my training sessions when I travel to clients.

As I have read in other threads, free mobile hotspot is not allowed on anything other than the Pre+. I believe one person got it on a Pre2, but I think it was because they were nice, and the Verizon person was nice, and so, I can't depend on that happening for me (have you MET me? Nice?). So FreeTether would be the next best thing. I seem to recall reading that it can be slow as compared to the VZ Mobile Hotspot. Any thoughts on that?

So, I could pay $75 and have a Pre2 so a better keyboard, a newer faster device with Flash, might lose the Mobile Hotspot but ought to be able to replace it with FreeTether. No extension to contract, so if I need to get a newer phone I can do that at any time...Is that right? If I go to VZ with a phone I own and say "please activate this phone in place of my Pre+" I'm not buying a new contract, so my 'new in 2' discount is unaffected...right? I mean, I'm bringing my own Pre2 to VZ, they will activate it without cost or loss of my new in 2 update, right?

I'd appreciate anybody telling me their thoughts on this potential purchase, and what it might mean. I'm sure I'm forgetting something here.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    see my post on the front page... Do eet!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Sorry to double post, but I've got less than 10 hours to make a decision here. I have a Pre+ on Verizon. It is supplied by my business. It is a launch day, 2.5 year old unit. The keyboard is getting problematic, always been hard to use, and getting worn out I assume so I'm getting multiple letters, missed letters a WHOLE lot more in the past year than I did since early 2010. I use Mobile Hotspot a lot, especially with my training sessions when I travel to clients.

As I have read in other threads, free mobile hotspot is not allowed on anything other than the Pre+. I believe one person got it on a Pre2, but I think it was because they were nice, and the Verizon person was nice, and so, I can't depend on that happening for me (have you MET me? Nice?). So FreeTether would be the next best thing. I seem to recall reading that it can be slow as compared to the VZ Mobile Hotspot. Any thoughts on that?

So, I could pay $75 and have a Pre2 so a better keyboard, a newer faster device with Flash, might lose the Mobile Hotspot but ought to be able to replace it with FreeTether. No extension to contract, so if I need to get a newer phone I can do that at any time...Is that right? If I go to VZ with a phone I own and say "please activate this phone in place of my Pre+" I'm not buying a new contract, so my 'new in 2' discount is unaffected...right? I mean, I'm bringing my own Pre2 to VZ, they will activate it without cost or loss of my new in 2 update, right?

I'd appreciate anybody telling me their thoughts on this potential purchase, and what it might mean. I'm sure I'm forgetting something here.
    Rockbeast-yes, you will lose the free mobile hotspot, but the better phone is very worth it, I upgraded from my Pre + to a Pre 2 when Verizon launched it and have never regretted it. Since you are bringing the phone, not buying it from VZW, they won't honor the warranty, but you won't have to change plans, extend your contract or lose your new every two. Do it!
    Sorry to be dim, but can you use one of these with a Pre- to FrankenPre?
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    Sorry to be dim, but can you use one of these with a Pre- to FrankenPre?
    Yes. I used to have one.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I switched from my Pre+, actually 6 Pre+s, to the Pre 2 a year ago and it is still a very solid phone. I think I might pick up another just for a back up if needed. I use freetether, with no issues on my Pre2. Thank you Homebrew.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Did it...with 40 minutes left on the deal! You guys talked me in to it. Thank you...I think!

Now I need to go about getting ready to switch over to a new phone...I've got Backup of course, and I have Save/Restore. Anybody know if there is a guide on switching...I'm a simple guy...simple instruction guide would be nice to find.

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Rockbeast-yes, you will lose the free mobile hotspot, but the better phone is very worth it, I upgraded from my Pre + to a Pre 2 when Verizon launched it and have never regretted it. Since you are bringing the phone, not buying it from VZW, they won't honor the warranty, but you won't have to change plans, extend your contract or lose your new every two. Do it!
    Also, you should be able to use Freetether instead of Verizon's MHS app without issue.
  11.    #11  
    Rockbeast, I'm not sure there's a sticky on it. Go over to the Palm Pre 2 forum here. You're going to get more help than in "Marketplace.
    You plug your phone in?
    Has anyone gotten any info on shipping status on their Daily Steals Pre2 order yet? I got the initial email notifying me of the purchase. And when I log into Daily Steals account, I see my order, but there are currently no options for checking shipping status. I was wondering how normal that is for Daily Steals...it's my first purchase from them I believe.

I think the order confirmation email said it might take 6 days to ship the item...and then some days to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Has anyone gotten any info on shipping status on their Daily Steals Pre2 order yet? I got the initial email notifying me of the purchase. And when I log into Daily Steals account, I see my order, but there are currently no options for checking shipping status. I was wondering how normal that is for Daily Steals...it's my first purchase from them I believe.

I think the order confirmation email said it might take 6 days to ship the item...and then some days to arrive.
    I didn't order this one (have a Pre 3 myself), but I've bought several things from Daily Steals. They are very slow about notification of shipping. A couple of times, I have received the product before I received the notification.
    Looks like I will get my new Pre2 tomorrow!