1.    #1  
    Hello everyone, this is my first post, so hopefully this is in the right place.

I bought a refurbished touchpad from woot.com a few weeks ago, and my son accidently broke the screen. I managed to replace the screen, but during that repair I broke the flex cable that connects the
    Power button and proximity sensor to the volume key board.

Long story short,I managed to break the flex cable between the power button and the volume keys, and I'm hoping someone has either a broken touchpad they would be willing to part out, or an avenue for acquiring parts.

thanks everyone for your time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JKA3588 View Post
    Hello everyone, this is my first post, so hopefully this is in the right place.

I bought a refurbished touchpad from woot.com a few weeks ago, and my son accidently broke the screen. I managed to replace the screen, but during that repair I broke the flex cable that connects the
    Power button and proximity sensor to the volume key board.

Long story short,I managed to break the flex cable between the power button and the volume keys, and I'm hoping someone has either a broken touchpad they would be willing to part out, or an avenue for acquiring parts.

thanks everyone for your time.
    Here ya go.

Ribbon cable including power button and volume rocker buttons
    ȫ*װ hp touchpad ƽ 9,7ƽ ߰ С-Ա

Translated even:
    item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=16024636846 - Translator
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/03/2012 at 11:21 PM. Reason: translated link fixed
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
    <translated link fixed>

Currency conversion for the part: 100.00 CNY =15.7023 USD
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Here ya go.

Ribbon cable including power button and volume rocker buttons
    ȫ*װ hp touchpad ƽ 9,7ƽ ߰ С-Ա

Translated even:
    item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=16024636846 - Translator
    Now, never having ordered anything through taobao.com, I have a few questions. It appears that I'm going to have to use an "Agent" to order the part and ship it to me, which isn't that bad, but how do I find someone I can trust with my money? Or is there an easier way of ordering internationally?

Barring that, is there a US source of those boards? I've been trying to find a broken unit on Ebay, but havent had any luck under 90 bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by JKA3588 View Post
    Now, never having ordered anything through taobao.com, I have a few questions. It appears that I'm going to have to use an "Agent" to order the part and ship it to me, which isn't that bad, but how do I find someone I can trust with my money? Or is there an easier way of ordering internationally?

Barring that, is there a US source of those boards? I've been trying to find a broken unit on Ebay, but havent had any luck under 90 bucks.
    taobaoring has been a reliable agent for me
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
    Hi, I know this is an old thread but i've been looking everywhere around the web for the same part. I did try the website above but I can't get it to work(poor translations, don't know how to make a payment). Does anyone know another place to get this part?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gulmat View Post
    Hi, I know this is an old thread but i've been looking everywhere around the web for the same part. I did try the website above but I can't get it to work(poor translations, don't know how to make a payment). Does anyone know another place to get this part?
    It's actually way easier than it looks... Go to Taobaoring , make an account, and click on quick order. in the form that pops up, copy and paste the link for the part ( ȫ*װ hp touchpad ƽ 9,7ƽ ߰ С-Ա ) and from there it's just a matter of waiting for them to ship it to you. Took me about 3 weeks after all was said and done.

FYI, the part I received was slightly different ( had a few extra bends in the cable going to the main board ), but it worked perfectly.

And I never did come back and say it like I meant to, but thank you TopTongueBarry, you were very helpful.
    Thank you very much, you just made my day! So much easier that way!
    Thank you so much for the links...I had actually spent money buying an iPad 2 flex cable to try and desolder the little pressure switches off to replace the ones on my original TP flex cable trying to fix it-hoping that it was the switch that was broken. Not only was this a major pain in my **** since this involved SMT soldering, but the stupid thing didn't work even after I wasted about 2 hours soldering this.

If only I had found this thread earlier...ugh.