Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a source for refurbished TP 4G's and another source for brand new HP white pandapad 64 back cases.

Since I just placed orders with the vendors, and nothing has arrived yet, I don't have them in stock to sell yet.. I'm curious what you guys would pay for one of these. Not taking orders yet. I need to know if this is going to be a profitable or not as I am paying a premium for both the cases and the refurb tp 4G's

I'm testing the waters in here. I Want to know what you'd pay. Post in here please .

Do not send PM's to me. This is more like a pre sale survey and not a sale just yet

Please be realistic and consider what standard black case 32 GB ATT TP 4G's and what the white panda pad 64 GB one are going for on eBay when you post your response. Thanks.

When I'm ready to sell these I'll take real offers via PM for them/

How much would you pay for one of these bad boys with 4G ?

Attached Images Attached Images
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    TTB:

I could see paying between 400 - 450 for one.

- Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I have a source for refurbished TP 4G's and another source for brand new HP white pandapad 64 back cases.

Since I just placed orders with the vendors, and nothing has arrived yet, I don't have them in stock to sell yet.. I'm curious what you guys would pay for one of these. Not taking orders yet. I need to know if this is going to be a profitable or not as I am paying a premium for both the cases and the refurb tp 4G's

I'm testing the waters in here. I Want to know what you'd pay. Post in here please .

Do not send PM's to me. This is more like a pre sale survey and not a sale just yet

Please be realistic and consider what standard black case 32 GB ATT TP 4G's and what the white panda pad 64 GB one are going for on eBay when you post your response. Thanks.

When I'm ready to sell these I'll take real offers via PM for them/

How much would you pay for one of these bad boys with 4G ?

Click to view quoted image
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi,

I'm would be interested in a 32gb 4G model for my collection and to test Navit on it. As stated it is for my collection of webOS devices and I do not relay need it.
    As a result of this I would only be able to pay up to 200$. I know this is below the eBay price, but I state it if you get a good price and be able to resell it for this price.

HaPe
    Where did you get the white cases?

I need one for my cracked panda pad too.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I'd buy a white case for $50. I can't afford the tablet, though
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

6.    #6  
    Just fyi, I'm not getting a good price from either vendor. that's the reason i'm taking this survey.

I can say that if i decide against marketing this on a limited scale. then I would sell some of the white cases. but they are costing me more than the $50 offered so far. They do include the main board base /speaker assy used for the wifi models. making the wi-fi to wi-fi swap really simple but these are costing me an arm and a leg.

check taobao.com and search for touchpad back if you want a deal on one, but that savings is pretty much negated by the fee you'll end up paying a taobao agent to be the middleman for a safe secure international taobao transaction
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I think I was misunderstanding. by 'case' you mean metal ? When I read case, I thought you meant a special edition of the rubber case.

In that case *ahem* I retract my offer.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I mean if its just the plastic i would pay 20$ =/ i think the guy is really ripping you off to be honest its just white molded plastic with a circuit board in it.
    I understand what you're talking about: The white/panda backs are just the back plastic shell, but in your case (no pun intended), it has the speakers and the mount for the main board. Does it have the silk screened HP logo?

As I understand your goal, you're going to take a stack of refurbished 32gb 4Gs, and remove the black backs and replace them from your stack of white backs. You become the only vendor selling 4G pandas. Correct?

I don't think you'd be able to move many units at a premium, since the non-standard back would likely spook more buyers than not. I don't know that people are ready to buy TPs that were taken apart and put back together by anyone besides HP, or if they were, they would expect a sizable discount. Granted, a 4G panda does sound very cool, but I thought that people who bought stuff just because it was cool spent all their money on Apple junk.

I paid $300 for my 64gb panda right after the fire sale (yeah, I know -- I was very lucky), but noticed a couple of months ago that I'm getting the dreaded cracks around the speakers. I made the decision to live with it, rather than risk getting a black refurbished one in exchange from HP under warranty (the cracks don't bother me at all). I'm not sure I would be eager to pay much more for a replacement back than the previous poster, especially since I'd have no way of knowing that the replacement back wouldn't crack, as well.

If you do wind up selling off the white backs, I'm sure you'd get more than a fair price for them. I just have no way of knowing if you paid a fair price for them.

Again, IMHO, for 4G pandas, I wouldn't expect to sell many units at a premium.

Whatever you do, good luck.
    I'd swap you my current 4G one locked to ATT for an unlocked one that I could use here in the UK
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    I would pay $500 for a White 64gb 4G Touch pad.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Personally I couldn't justify more than $200 for a refurbished 32GB... The white back adds no value for me--if anything, I prefer black. Ditto for 4G, since it's so easy to tether the wifi version to a phone and that doesn't require buying a second carrier plan. I WOULD buy one at $200 though, guaranteed.
    If you already made the buy on the parts try one on ebay. 4G and panda back are irrelevant to me as well. However, if the backs are 32gb, that would interest me. I just want to upgrade from 16gb. :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I suspect the panda backs aren't populated with any memory.

Note to OP (TopTongueBarry): If you decide to part this out, please let us know.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I know this is slightly off-topic, but TTB are you able to source white backs for the AT&T Pre 3 as well? I'd pay up to $90 each for 2 of them!!!

Work mobes: Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo Pro > O2 Palm Pre- > Palm Pixi+ > Pre 2 > Pre 3
    Home mobes: Sony Ericsson K610 > Sony Ericsson W910 > iPhone 3GS > Verizon GSMed FrankenPre+ > HTC Desire HD > HTC Evo 3D > White HTC Sensation XE
    Tablet: HP TouchPad 32GB / ASUS TF101

16.    #16  
    All, I've done several of these mods already for a number of paying customers who first purchased both a White 64GB TP WiFi only PandaPad and a 32GB AT&T TP 4G with a standard black plastic case. Both devices then were shipped to me so I could perform the swap, then I shipped both devices back, cases switched. That's why I thought I would test the waters on a small scale. There are people who want this unique device and can afford to make it a reality for themselves . What I'm doing here is eliminating the need to purchase both devices as well as the need to resell one of the two afterwards.

Keep in mind the 32 GB AT&T Touchpad 4G with it's stock black case doesn't have a manufacturers warranty because AT&T and HP never actually released the deviice for retail sale. No warranty before the case swap, no warranty after the case swap either. One good thing to note is that since these White case backs are brand new unused origfinal HP back cases, the TP 4G devices will look brand new after the swap is completed. Unless you'vemanged to scratched or cracke2d LCD/digitizer on your device too.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 05/23/2012 at 06:24 AM.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by dr3wster View Post
    I know this is slightly off-topic, but TTB are you able to source white backs for the AT&T Pre 3 as well? I'd pay up to $90 each for 2 of them!!!
    No, I don't. Count me in if you happen to find a source, I'd love to grab a few of these myself. Even the stock factory black backs are scarce.
    Can u do a 64 gb panda 4g one?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
    Can you get a TP Go?
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Can u do a 64 gb panda 4g one?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
    Not possible,read the threads detailing the system board differences between the 4G and WiFi models
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast