Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Congrats to John Steffen of the INDY webOS Meetup group for winning the Pre3, and Dan Kirby for winning the secondary cash prize of approximately $60. i will be in touch with winners shortly

NOTE: The random prize drawing TOOK place on Sunday, March 4, 2012 at 4pm ET. Entries can be purhcased up until 3:45pm ET.

UPDATE -- Thanks to Palm, we will have the components necessary to upgrade this Pre3 from 8GB to 16GB if the winner is interested, and Rod Whitby from WebOS Internals will perform this for free. So, the winner (if interested) will just need to pay an additional shipping charge, as I will need to send it out to Rod and he will need to send out back out.

The New York City webOS Developer/Enthusiast meetup is hosting a Virtual Enyo JSJSJS $Hackathon$ $on$ $March$ $4th$, $2012$ (Virtual webOS Meetup Enyo Hackathon - Sign-up Information). The Hackathon is being hosted at Pivotal Labs NYC Headquarters from 12pm - 6pm Eastern Standard Time. In conjunction with this Hackaton, we will be holding a raffle for a barely-used UK QWERTY Pre3 that I purchased for $500 just before the flood of AT&T Pre3s hit ebay. Here are the details

1) This is an UNLOCKED 8GB UK QWERTY Pre3. It is unlocked, so it will work in the US, but it will only work on some AT&T bands, but not all of them, so be sure you know what you are trying to win. Of course, if you do not plan on using this on a cellular network, you can always bypass the activation screen and use it Wi-Fi only
    2) While the Pre3 is used, it is still in mint condition. In fact, it still has the factory-installed screen protector on it. The box and all accessories will be included. See pictures below (note that smudges on the screen are on the screen protector, not the actual screen)
    3) This contest is open to the entire world. You do not need to be present or even participate at the Hackathon to win.
    4) The winner will be announced at the Hackathon and on this forum thread.

Ticket prices are as follows:
    • $10 for 1 ticket
    • $25 for 3 tickets
    • $50 for 8 tickets

Prizes:
    • We need to raise at least $250 to award the Pre3, otherwise we reserve the right to cancel the contest and everyone's entries will be refunded
    • However, for every $250 (or portion thereof) of tickets sold afterwards the intial $250, a cash prizes of $100 will be awarded to an additional winner. Plus, $50 will be donated to the The New York City webOS Developer/Enthusiast meetup group to be used to help costs for future meetups. The remaining $100 will go to me to offset the original cost of the Pre3

* We will prorate the prizes on the same split for anything less than $250
    As long as we sell at least $250 worth of tickets, shipping costs up to $25 will be included as part of the contest. If we sell $500 or more of tickets, shipping costs of $50 will be included. Anything additional will need to be provided by the winner.
    Cash prizes will be paid out via check or paypal

How to enter -- ENTRIES ARE CLOSED!
    I will try to respond to everyone within 24 hours to confirm your entry. If you do not hear from me within 24, please send an email to BuyMyPre3@gmail.com with your PayPal transaction details.

PLEASE NOTE: This contest is in no way supported by webOS Nation

Last edited by Audemars02; 03/04/2012 at 03:10 PM.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Awesome! Will the winner be contacted by email?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanKr View Post
    Awesome! Will the winner be contacted by email?
    yes, I will also email the winner!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    It is not locked to a carrier at the moment, correct?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    It is not locked to a carrier at the moment, correct?
    correct. The phone is carrier UNLOCKED!

Like any of my work:
  6.    #6  
    Just letting everyone know that we have had some entries, but still shy of the $250 mark that we were hoping to hit.... so, any more takers for the raffle?

Like any of my work:
    i just entered!
    My Apps:
    Apps By Chris
    Slideshow Presentation HD - A hugely customizable Touchpad Audio/Picture Slideshow Creator
    Two Outta Three! - A coin flip game
    Chore Tracker Pro - A chore organizing app
    Peek-A-Dash - A tumblr dashboard client that runs in a multitasking system popup

Donate link to support my work
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by thricetwice View Post
    i just entered!
    got your entry! good luck

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Is it a case of only the first $250 worth of entries will be entered into the draw for the Pre3?

Like, if 75 people bought one ticket each, would it be the first 25 people in the draw for the Pre3, the next 25 in a draw for $100, and the last 25 in a separate draw for $100?
    Nokia 3210 -> Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 3330 -> Sharp GX10 -> Nokia 3410 -> Siemens C66 -> Sony Ericsson K700i -> Sony Ericsson W810i -> iPhone -> iPhone 3G -> HTC Desire -> iPhone 3G -> iPhone -> iPhone 3G -> HTC Desire/Samsung Galaxy Europa/Samsung Wave/iPhone 3G -> Palm Pre 2
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Popple3 View Post
    Is it a case of only the first $250 worth of entries will be entered into the draw for the Pre3?

Like, if 75 people bought one ticket each, would it be the first 25 people in the draw for the Pre3, the next 25 in a draw for $100, and the last 25 in a separate draw for $100?
    no...all 75 people would be eligible for all prizes. The first drawing would be the pre3 then the next for $100 then another for $100.

so, if you bought 3 tickets, technically you could win the Pre3 and the $200
    I've entered - 3 tickets for me.

Good luck with the draw
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Since the raffle is on the 4th, is the deadline the 2nd or the 3rd? I'm still in the midst of setting up a Paypal account.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanKr View Post
    Since the raffle is on the 4th, is the deadline the 2nd or the 3rd? I'm still in the midst of setting up a Paypal account.
    We are still working out the exact deadline and should be able to announce it in the next day or so. However, it will be on the 4th, probably by 2pm or 3pm ET or so. As soon as we know the timing of the drawing I will set the deadline of the raffle.

If you have an issue getting PayPal set up in time but still want to enter, let me know. i am sure we can work something out

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I shouldn't have a problem, and if there is I have a few friends that have an account. Thanks.
    Dropped $50 from the INDYwebOSMeetup team, but didn't note that it was for Pre3, which it was. Cheers, and looking forward to this weekend.
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
  16.    #16  
    FYI... I will update the original post as well, but the drawing time for the Raffle will be Sunday, March 4 at 4pm ET. Entries will be accepted until 3:45pm ET via the PayPal Link.

I will be setting up a Usteam link to broadcast the random drawings prior to the event.

Like any of my work:
  17.    #17  
    Just wanted to let everyone know we are only up to $150 in tickets purchases, so still a little ways from reaching our initial goal of $250. so, spread the word about the raffle! thanks

Like any of my work:
    Just sent my donation!
  19.    #19  
    Just wanted to let everyone know that we hit our first goal of $250 so we will definitely be giving away the Pre3 (which also covers up to $25 in shipping) and are now working towards the first cash prize!

Also, if all goes according to plan, I will be picking the winner live Sunday at 4pm ET on Audemars02 on USTREAM: .

EDIT -- oops, I miscalculated. We are actually $5 away from our stated goal of $250. However, that just means that we will still give away the Pre3, but if no other entries come in, only $20 will go towards shipping. Hopefully, we will get some more before tomorrow afternoon

Like any of my work:
    Got my ticket.
    Tx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast